• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
so this is what i posted :p yes i made a troll suarez post by itself, but then i backed it up elsewhere

Suarez isnt the ONLY player who does it

and Englishmen do it.

honestly FIFA need to give us the power to send divers off. If you call another player a cheat, you are sent off, under the LOTG. yet if you are caught cheating, you are permitted to stay on the field

Red card Diving would eradicate it quick smar

That's stupid. Id guess other referees would hesitate as they'd look incredibly stupid if they give a player a red when they didn't dive (especially if defenders were making diving gestures as well seemingly influencing the decision). It's too contentious, that's the problem with the decisions not that the punishments aren't severe enough. There are too many wrong decisions and increasing the punishment would only make the situation worse.

Polari

God refereeing is so corrupt. That's the last thing we needed against United at Old Trafford. Fuck the ref and the lino.

Sanjay

Both Welbeck and Hernandez could end up being average in their careers.

Actually, they're not even amazing right now. If they don't improve they really will just be average players with a legendary manager.

Hernandez is far from being a average player, his finishing is second to non already.

QPR are fucking woeful and are getting about as much possession as they had when they had 11 men.

Pretty much.

Wilbur

Banned
Both Welbeck and Hernandez could end up being average in their careers.

Actually, they're not even amazing right now. If they don't improve they really will just be average players with a legendary manager.

You think I was being serious?

its not enough. The only way to eridicate diving is to award the ultimate punishment.

Think of it like this, if you deny a clear goal scoring opportunity you must be sent off.

On the flip side if you 'cheat' your way to a goal, or try to, you stay on the field.

hmmmm

edit: if i was refereeing suarez i would be professoinal enough to put my dislike of the player aside. However he DID two cautionable things in my view yesterday

went on and on and on after a decision. Yellow card for dissent. And dived. Yellow card for diving. Woulda been off.

Not necessarily saying i would have looked for it , and i would have sent any other player pulling that shit off as well :p

Well I'd hope so! Fair enough, I'll take your word for it. My point was made to refs in general, I don't think there is any room for bias for or against any particular player or club. Makes for bad decisions that can totally change matches.

Sorry for not arguing Hixx :p

LegoArmo

Eh, I think we'd be playing better against 11 men to be honest. It'd be more exciting at least.

A gentle wind could send Young flying.

''I work with Ashley every single day and he is a sensational player who has the ability to produce moments like that on the big stage. He is eight-and-a-half stone wringing wet but he has the heart of a lion.'' Martin O'Neill, December 2008.

Choc

Banned
It's not even true. The regulations for pitches, markings, balls, kit, officials are not held up at the park level.

at the basic level its true (at least its supposed to be)

in Australia at least if a referee shows up to a field and its not up to snuff, match abandoned.

Yes in reality its not true but thats FIFAs argument.

it's also 1000x not true now because of the radio headsets between AR's and Centres. Best thing they ever did recently but thats banned at park level by local associations (for some reason.....)

its not enough. The only way to eridicate diving is to award the ultimate punishment.

Think of it like this, if you deny a clear goal scoring opportunity you must be sent off.

On the flip side if you 'cheat' your way to a goal, or try to, you stay on the field.
Ok I'm glad you aren't reffing my team too. This is the same argument for the death penalty!

Refs have consistently shown they can't get the big decisions right to a satisfactory level. Increasing the number of potential "red cards" would make it worse.

What we need is a smaller punishment that actually means something.

Yellows are either almost meaningless or massively impactful (if they lead to a red) at the moment. Giving minutes in the sin bin for offences would be a meaningful disadvantage to the team.

FootballFan

So about FIFA 12. Was playing H2H against a pretty good Chelsea. Leading 1-0 at 70 mins. Got disconnected from EA server. Game was abandoned. Checked my internet connection, everything seems fine. Logged on to EA server again within seconds and saw that the game was recorded as a loss for me. Thanks, EA!

EA servers are stuffed up on the ps3 side. 1/5 games I get disconnected but I always get the win, feels lame winning like that. Either disconnects or quitters.

untitled-8eoly3.gif

Choc

Banned
the red card does take diving to the max and the referee HAS to be sure

but think of it like this. a player goes in for a dive KNOWING if the ref catches him, he is gone

does he take that risk? Probably. Until he is sent off.

edit: im not against a sin bin. Would be great for 'orange' cards. Hope you guys know what an orange card is!

United get away with dissent too much IMO Valencia should have been booked there and Scholes on Monday

Huh? Valencia has a pretty reserved demeanour for the most part. His outbursts are simply more noticeable because of that. Maybe people are just scared because they know he could kill them with one boot.

Ok I'm glad you aren't reffing my team too. This is the same argument for the death penalty!

Refs have consistently shown they can't get the big decisions right to a satisfactory level. Increasing the number of potential "red cards" would make it worse.

What we need is a smaller punishment that actually means something.

Yellows are either almost meaningless or massively impactful (if they lead to a red) at the moment. Giving minutes in the sin bin for offences would be a meaningful disadvantage to the team.

Yeah I'd be fine with a 10 minute sin bin for a 'yellow' and obviously being sent off for a straight red.

Edit: ^ Hahahaha

You don't believe that ;)
Do I believe the rest of my post too, though? Not even I know anymore.

@RAWK_Meltdown is gonna be so good on Twitter this evening.

Young's dive was so bad. So so bad. Nani won't be happy, he's taken his spot and he's diving better too.

Who's the apologist on Sky? Gary Neville seems to be the most clear-eyed pundit as usual.
It's all part of the system. We buy the ref to give us a decision like that. The games over, in the studo Sky who have also been bought by United simply manipulate the viewers, they see even Gary Neville knows it's a bad decision and think "ahh, it was just a mistake, even a die hard United fan" see's that so that there is no investigation into all the dodgy dealings which would lead to Mr Alex Ferguson being put in jail and all our titles being stripped.

Illuminati shit.

Stimpy

I wonder if referees are ever looked at for anything untoward in this country, I'm not saying money has exchanged hands or anything but when a linesman gets a decision that wrong surely they have to be looked at by a governing body or something.

I wonder if referees are ever looked at for anything untoward in this country, I'm not saying money has exchanged hands or anything but when a linesman gets a decision that wrong surely they have to be looked at by a governing body or something.
Bad offside decisions happen all the time, this one is only important because of what happened next.

GorillaJu

Suarez is a whiny little bastard but I've never seen him go down when there was no contact. At least he has that going for him!

LegoArmo

They'll usually get relegated down a league. They review every game and all their decisions.

It'll never happen because it has to be the FA who do it and they never will.

I am being dead serious now though, football is a multi million pound business. Across the world it is massive and there is so much money in the game. There is corruption in most walks of life, whilst in my heart I really don't think there is some kind of mass corruption taking place in the sport at the very highest level...it wouldn't really be that surprising would it?

alex_ferguson1602_415x275.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom