• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Guys..

What's in the water today?
XQ88i.gif

Please don't say salt

Sodium Chlor... Oh wait.

Cleverley and Pogba will be as good as Xavi and Iniesta in 3 years. Wait and see.

Oh I get it haha!

Will Nasri score the opener today? Will RVP decide he wants to score again? Will Mancini (literally) implode? Will Balotelli score then reveal a Man U shirt underneath?

Answers on a postcard.

kharma45

Oh I get it haha!

Will Nasri score the opener today? Will RVP decide he wants to score again? Will Mancini (literally) implode? Will Balotelli score then reveal a Man U shirt underneath?

Answers on a postcard.

Bigger question is will people even know Nasri is on the pitch.

dc89

Interesting, how do you think it should be worked out?

(Genuinely asking btw)

I honestly don't know! It's a minefield. But I can't understand why we have fit and proper ownership tests for people who buy clubs and then they now have FFP. It's their money, let them spend it how he wants.

It just doesn't make sense to me how clubs can run into hundred's of millions of debt and still pass regulations which are designed to keep them sustainable.

Choc

Banned
Arsenal 3 - 2 Man City, I reckon.

with a balotelli red card

FFP is to stop money ruining football (although many will argue thats already occured)

FFP is a good thing. You shouldn't be allowed to as a business spend ridiculous amounts of money whilst making a loss in an environment where other businesses rely on the competition viablity for profit.

It's to stop Leeds mark 2

Bumhead

Banned
I honestly don't know! It's a minefield. But I can't understand why we have fit and proper ownership tests for people who buy clubs and then they now have FFP. It's their money, let them spend it how he wants.

You say that as if you regard the fit and proper persons test as a legitimate process which actually serves a purpose.

vall03

I wouldn't rule Arsenal out of anything when your captain scores when he wants.

thats the problem, RvP seems to be having trouble getting a goal the past few games, its very apparent during the last game with QPR. Also, he might score but what about the defense against City? Im not counting on that...

Dire.

Ab-so-lute-ly dire.

Job done I guess and there's another two games this week, but that was limp. Maybe Ferguson thought City were watching and he'd try lull them into sleep.

Kyoufu

thats the problem, RvP seems to be having trouble getting a goal the past few games, its very apparent during the last game with QPR. Also, he might score but what about the defense against City? Im not counting on that...

Think of it this way. If Stoke can draw with Man City then you can certainly win.

I really hope you don't though. I would like to go 4th on Monday.

panty

City team vs Arsenal: Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany, Lescott, Yaya Toure, Barry, Milner, Nasri, Aguero, Balotelli

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Song, Walcott, Rosicky, Benayoun, Van Persie.

I can see Arsenal taking this one.

Really? To me it looks like City will triumph over Arsenal today.

Wilbur

Banned
Dire.

Ab-so-lute-ly dire.

Job done I guess and there's another two games this week, but that was limp. Maybe Ferguson thought City were watching and he'd try lull them into sleep.

I'm not too fussed, after the red it was the right thing to do to conserve energy. What's the next two games, Wigan and Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom