• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I honestly don't know! It's a minefield. But I can't understand why we have fit and proper ownership tests for people who buy clubs and then they now have FFP. It's their money, let them spend it how he wants.

It just doesn't make sense to me how clubs can run into hundred's of millions of debt and still pass regulations which are designed to keep them sustainable.

United are actually sustainable though.

The only thing dragging them down is the debt accrued by the leveraged takeover, which is quite huge admittedly.

United have a policy whereby the annual wage bill must be less than 50% of turnover.

City are in a worse position if we talk about running a football club. Their wage bill is something like 120% of turnover.

FootballFan

I'd usually would go for Arsenal but I don't want the premierleague race to be over yet.
So, go Yaya !!!

Prediction:
Arsenal 1 - 3 Man City
Yaya 18'
Nasri 55'
RVP 62'
Balo 78'

That's right, I even predict the minutes.

No point in trying to guess the result for this one. We all know City are going to go for it with everything they've got. Just depends on what Arsenal turns up and if RVP decides he fancies a goal.

GO CITY!

Edit: Fuck it.

Arsenal 2 - 3 Man City

RVP 23'
Balo 31'
Aguero 49'
Nasri 74'
Chamberlain 86'

Fry

I'd usually go for Arsenal but I don't want the premierleague race to be over yet.
So, go Yaya !!!

Prediction:
Man City 3 - 1 Arsenal
Yaya 18'
Nasri 55'
RVP 62'
Balo 78'

That's not a prediction, that's wishful thinking. =P

Stubo

I'd usually go for Arsenal but I don't want the premierleague race to be over yet.
So, go Yaya !!!

Prediction:
Man City 3 - 1 Arsenal
Yaya 18'
Nasri 55'
RVP 62'
Balo 78'

The odds you'd get with minutes...

If you're correct I'd like a go on your time machine :p

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Firstly, an American baseball team, the Minnesota Twins have stolen/adapted Leeds United's Marching on Together as a 'fight song'. Probably the most bizarre occurrence recently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te4ZoqdLtio

Secondly, I'm curious, reading this thread, as to aspects of the footballing supporting psyche of those who post in it. I might be understanding wrong, but the majority of you are American? Don't take any offence by this, but part of my love of Leeds is years of attending the games etc., and I was raised a Leeds fan. Is part of your support somewhat artificial? It would explain why the majority seem to be a fan of Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal. I can't imagine who I'd choose if I actually went out to pick a football team. Would be an odd thing to have to do.

Arnie

Great interview with Stuart Ripley in yesterday's LEP Jeff, just read it. Given me lots of food for thought about Downing and Carroll, specifically how they were clearly bought in the same mould. Says a lot that Downing was subbed for Carroll in yesterday's game.

amitaiwinehouse said:
Don't take any offence by this, but part of my love of Leeds is years of attending the games etc., and I was raised a Leeds fan. Is part of your support somewhat artificial? It would explain why the majority seem to be a fan of Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal. I can't imagine who I'd choose if I actually went out to pick a football team. Would be an odd thing to have to do.
Unlike the Chelsea and United fans the Liverpool contingent in this thread regularly attend matches.

Grew up watching football at my grandparents who're scousers, which inevitably pushed me to support Liverpool with them. My uncle and cousins are Everton season ticket holders. Parents and my brother don't like football. Strange people.

Bo-Locks

:D
Messi and Cleverly hugging:
uSZFB.jpg

Messi = The White Pogba

dc89

United are actually sustainable though.

The only thing dragging them down is the debt accrued by the leveraged takeover, which is quite huge admittedly.

United have a policy whereby the annual wage bill must be less than 50% of turnover.

City are in a worse position if we talk about running a football club. Their wage bill is something like 120% of turnover.

Be interesting to see how that City turnover is going to improve.

The Etihad Campus and constant CL will help a lot.

the best english midfielder by far. fight me if you disagree.

I agree.

Secondly, I'm curious, reading this thread, as to aspects of the footballing supporting psyche of those who post in it. I might be understanding wrong, but the majority of you are American? Don't take any offence by this, but part of my love of Leeds is years of attending the games etc., and I was raised a Leeds fan. Is part of your support somewhat artificial? It would explain why the majority seem to be a fan of Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal. I can't imagine who I'd choose if I actually went out to pick a football team. Would be an odd thing to have to do.
I think it's mainly Brits following the Premier League.

Quinn thinks out of the 5 bottom sides that all lost over the weekend it's only QPR that can come out with there heads held high.

Erm....WIGAN?

Just wanted to pop in and say that Raul is still really good at football. Also big ups to Gladbach for surrendering 3rd to us. That is all.

Oxlade-Chamberlain again starts on the bench? He must have slept with Wenger's wife. There is no other rational explanation for why he constant gets overlooked despite being our most creative attacking player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom