• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I want to say this is justice for trying to buy the title but other clubs have bought their way into the top too so...

...UGH ANOTHER MAN UNITED LEAGUE WIN UGH

K1LLER7

Thank you arsenal, 8 points and ahead on goals :D

United been the most consistent team in PL, can't see us dropping these points.

^ Kyoufu never stop watching the PL

dc89

I can't see Mancini keeping his job. I want him too. But I can't see him.

Sheikh is on the phone begging Mourinho as we speak.

Slizz

Incredible. I couldn't have pictured such an epic meltdown for City. Like seriously as soon as Mancini did that interview regarding the last 10 games of the season City took a nose dive.

ElyrionX

It was when Balotelli and Tevez were out. He has looked completely uinterested since they came back, specially Balotelli.

Plus, he's a complete confidence player and can't be trusted on solo games, he must play a couple in a row.

image.php

Carbonox

Fuck off City you impotent shit fucks. Bottle it during the run-in. Standard.

I honestly think we can get a win off them at home.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Oh City. It seems like it was just yesterday, when you violated United by like six goals, and everyone handed you the title right then and there.

Jburton

Banned
Man City would not be anywhere near that title if not for the money, I am glad it was Arsenal, who spend next to nothing who have taken them out of the race.

It is a victory for football.

So happy, well done Man Utd.

Manager

What's so sad is that Mancini never learns. He'll rant in the post-match interview, blame it on something or someone and then say something stupid that is headline fodder, like always.

It's the Sven syndrome, who was exactly the same. And he mentored Mancini. They never have a plan B, they trust it all on plan A. It's what got Sven kicked and it may be what gets Mancini kicked. He has a very expensive squad but after teams figured his team out (specially Silva), he had no solution for it. No new tactic, no changes.

So, that's the title race almost done and dusted. CIty look like the walking dead; a number of their key players are either lethargic or injured or named Mario Balotelli - Kompany, Hart and a few others being the exception.

This finish is the outcome of rotation. Fergie knows how to manage a squad across an entire season. Mancini appears to have fallen short.

Can't wait to seal it at the Etihad. Roll on the derby.

Anderson

Did our best not to win that but got the 3 points. Kinda feel for city as their football at the start of the season was breathtaking but they Utd got in their heads and have just crumbled

Brightside for city fans, they got limitless money to tweak the team til they get a league title, just a matter of time

What's so sad is that Mancini never learns. He'll rant in the post-match interview, blame it on something or someone and then say something stupid that is headline fodder, like always.

It's the Sven syndrome, who was exactly the same. And he mentored Mancini. They never have a plan B, they trust it all on plan A. It's what got Sven kicked and it may be what gets Mancini kicked. He has a very expensive squad but after teams figured his team out (specially Silva), he had no solution for it.

He'll whinge about the size and balance of the squad, everyone will laugh

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't see Mancini keeping his job. I want him too. But I can't see him.

Sheikh is on the phone begging Mourinho as we speak.

Why would you want him to stay? He has bough some horrible players like Balotelli, Kolarov, Dzeko, etc and has indulged Mario to an absurd degree. His team has no pace in wide areas, have only one, predictable way to play and his ultra strict methods mean that players like Silva keep playing despite clearly being unfit. He has been rubbish in Europe as well. I don't see any reason to keep him.

Manager

Another ridiculous thing was how the whole left side was left exposed all match and Mancini didn't fix it until 80th minute. And he fixed it by putting on a left back for an attacking midfielder, completely killing the offense in a match he must win.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Did our best not to win that but got the 3 points. Kinda feel for city as their football at the start of the season was breathtaking but they Utd got in their heads and have just crumbled

Brightside for city fans, they got limitless money to tweak the team til they get a league title, just a matter of time

worked for Chelsea

lol

Jburton

Banned
now pool has to win 3 epl tiles to overtake man utd ...... can king kenny do it?

Not a chance, Kenny is the problem with Liverpool ..... a lot of Liverpool I spoken to don't think he is good enough to manage that club.

Great player, mediocre manager.

Honestly should have been 3-0 rather than 1-0, but we'll take the win :).

City did play like utter dogshite today, the gulf between them and United is so clear. Well done on #20 I suppose, rather you than City.

Carbonox

Lolz. I will laugh if he sells the club and then they drift into mid-table.

And we can snap up Silva, Aguero and Kompany for a combined 50m.

Results could go our way tomorrow though. We could go joint 4th if Norwich beat Spurs and Fulham beat Chelsea, while we beat Bolton. Either way, Spurs and Chelsea don't have easy games there.

Manager

Why would you want him to stay? He has bough some horrible players like Balotelli, Kolarov, Dzeko, etc and has indulged Mario to an absurd degree. His team has no pace in wide areas, have only one, predictable way to play and his ultra strict methods mean that players like Silva keep playing despite clearly being unfit. He has been rubbish in Europe as well. I don't see any reason to keep him.

The team has generally no pace. And even so, Mancini plays it so safe that the team can't play risky passes and move quickly, resulting in killing off every single potential counter-attack.

There has been literally no counter-attack goal this season, or very few. Every time the ball is won the ball returns to the defenders, building up possession.

dc89

Man City would not be anywhere near that title if not for the money, I am glad it was Arsenal, who spend next to nothing who have taken them out of the race.

It is a victory for football.

So happy, well done Man Utd.

Ironic. You don't want City to win the league but you're happy for United too?
As if they don't spend any money? Give me a break please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom