• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Not one shot on target for City

062FX.png

Ironic. You don't want City to win the league but you're happy for United too?
As if they don't spend any money? Give me a break please.

The difference is that money has been earned.

Bo-Locks

Is this arguably the first time that the team with the best players HAS NOT won the title?

City have the best players imo, but it's squad depth, rotation, SAF factor, and experience that has won United the title.

Yen

DC, with all the money Mancini has spent, the poor results the team has brought him and the poor style of play, surely he has to go?

ShogunX

Did our best not to win that but got the 3 points. Kinda feel for city as their football at the start of the season was breathtaking but they Utd got in their heads and have just crumbled

Brightside for city fans, they got limitless money to tweak the team til they get a league title, just a matter of time

Nothing to do with Man Utd getting in their heads but more key players not hitting the form they are capable of in a critical stage of the season. That coupled with Mancini slowly reverting back to his negative ways have seen City crumble.

Also despite him being sent off I'm not really in to this whole Balotelli as the villain bullshit. So predictable that every time the camera would focus on him for a few seconds we would get an ear full of shite about how evil he is.

Anyway Mancini must surely now be fearing for his job after handing the title to Europe's whipping boys.

Wasn't United 8 points behind at one time in the season? Man, Ferguson is a fucking magician. So many injuries, main defender and captain in Vidic out for the season, no midfield stability until Scholes came back --- and he STILL wins the fucking title!

LegoArmo

City got money from a sheikh, United got money from a bank. The only difference is that City doesn't have to pay interest fee.

No, United got money from winning competitions, and having a huge stadium and fan base. They're an extremely sustainable business.

dc89

DC, with all the money Mancini has spent, the poor results the team has brought him and the poor style of play, surely he has to go?

I know where your coming from but I don't buy it 100%.

I don't believe when we were steam rolling teams it was pure luck and a fluke.
Something, somewhere has gone wrong.

Manager

No, United got money from winning competitions, and having a huge stadium and fan base. They're an extremely sustainable business.

Ah right, the loan was for the American owners buying it right? Forgot which one, haven't been keeping up with their dealings lately.

I know where your coming from but I don't buy it 100%.

I don't believe when we were steam rolling teams it was pure luck and a fluke.
Something, somewhere has gone wrong.
Apparently, I don't know true this is, but in the run of great games City only used a few players, like 15. Maybe they fatigued quite early?

MPW

Wasn't United 8 points behind at one time in the season? Man, Ferguson is a fucking magician. So many injuries, main defender and captain in Vidic out for the season, no midfield stability until Scholes came back --- and he STILL wins the fucking title!

saf deserves credit no doubt but man city deserves credit for throwing it away, a mix between the two

Scum

Yeah, so annoying that City have choked. Was looking forward to that game. Now it's pretty worthless.

It's such a damn shame too. Could have turned out to be an awesome game if it was a decider. Now Fergie will just troll with his line-up instead.

Ah right, the loan was for the owners buying it right? Forgot which one, haven't been keeping up with their dealings lately.
I would tell you the real story but because you're making me laugh, I'll let you continue.

You'll feel really stupid when you find out how LBO's work though.

Kyoufu

At least Newcastle can say they lost the title to an excellent Man United team.

City just can't say anything. They fucked up well and truly.

Manager

I believe they feel he gets special treatment from Roberto. Kind of agree...

Yep, rumours say that's what the squad thinks. Who knows though. The only one who has gone out and said negative things about it is De Jong, who did it last week. Maybe they're afraid of what Mancini will do though, if they speak bad about him.

LegoArmo

Ah right, the loan was for the owners buying it right? Forgot which one, haven't been keeping up with their dealings lately.

Aye, the owners borrowed some money to buy the club, the goal being to raise it's value considerably and sell for a profit. They're accomplishing that, if they sold the club now they'd probably get near double what they paid.

Yen

Ah right, the loan was for the American owners buying it right? Forgot which one, haven't been keeping up with their dealings lately.
You do realise the club did not benefit from that loan? And that it's more-or-less a burden?

Anyone seen Hart's reaction to Mario's sending off? Loool. It looked like he was blaming the bench
Yep, looked pissed.

He's right. Shouldn't have been on the pitch. When Mancini took Aguero off before Balotelli, I thought, he's put his job in Balotelli's hands there.

Should have followed his own advice, you can't trust him.

Still, YOLO!

Jose Mourinho said:
"I am sorry that the fans were like that with Balotelli. I always want my fans to be with my players right to the end. But, in the end, I can understand them because they saw the same thing as me. They saw a team which was dead, exhausted after all their efforts. Nearly all of you for the last two years have been saying that what he does is normal and then there is just this idiot of a coach who says it is not normal. The coach takes all the flak - I can't motivate him, I can't educate him, this or that, next year it's best if Mourinho goes and not Balotelli. And then, in the second most important match in the world at club football level, all of my team leave the field dead and one player could have done a little bit more to help the team who was in danger. The fans wanted more, his team-mates wanted more and he did not give it."

ElyrionX

City got money from a sheikh, United got money from a bank. The difference is that City doesn't have to pay interest fee.

LOL. The debt piled onto the club by the Glazers were not used to acquire players; our money from winning shit did. Second of all, the "bank" would never have given United "money" if it wasn't for our consistent sucess on the pitch which gives a higher degree of assurance that our future cash flows would be able to cover the loan principal and interest payments. You think City would be able to get "money from a bank" in 2008 given your non-existent results on on the pitch?

EDIT: I don't understand why it is so hard for City fans to concede that their "success" has been completely bought by money.

Kyoufu

when was the last time a team fucked it up this bad in epl?

I didn't follow the league in the 21st Century so all I remember is Newcastle had it in the bag in 95 then just botched it.

I'm telling you, it's the curse of Kevin Keegan. Don't hire him to manage your team ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom