• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Rafa may have a decent handle on the moneyball philosophy, although there were too many mitigating factors to know for certain.

All I know is that if we were selling off a prized asset right now, i wouldn't trust the Kenny/Commoli combo to re-invest the money.

I'm fucking petrified of what they're going to do in the summer mate. I'm having terrible visions of us buying Matt Jarvis for £12million, Darren Bent for £20million and then finding out 2 months later that we could have had Soldado for £25million.

FSG must be shitting themselves. They either give Kenny and Commoli what they want, and in all probability see those millions pissed down the drain, or they incur the wrath of the fans and see us persist with the mediocrity we have now. Or of course we have a new manager in who can be trusted to at least buy players with a bit of current and re-sale value. Or they force a different transfer policy on K+C, which will see one, or both, walk

rodvik

Why am I the only one who can see the solution to City's problems? Popular with players, operates within a budget, given an easy time by the press. McLeish for Manchester City!

More seriously though, City's decline in form is baffling. These same men were tearing up everything for the first half of the season.

Kyoufu

Does anyone else cringe when City fans chant "Come on City! Come on City! Come on City!" and Chelsea fans chant "Come on Chelsea! Come on Chelsea!" all the time?

It's so generic and unimaginative.

Carbonox

While I expect us to beat Bolton tomorrow courtesy of a Papiss Cisse hat-trick, I can see it being tough due to the possibility of not having Cabaye or Tiote. Apparently they're likely to play but there's a chance they might not. Hopefully it's the former as having pretty much a full-strength team (no Coloccini either) would nab us that much-needed victory.

dc89

Why am I the only one who can see the solution to City's problems? Popular with players, operates within a budget, given an easy time by the press. McLeish for Manchester City!

More seriously though, City's decline in form is baffling. These same men were tearing up everything for the first half of the season.

It fell apart when Tevez came back.

At the Sunderland game my dad spoke to Milner. My dad got the impression a fair few of the players are not happy with Mancini for inviting him back in to the fold.

Lightning

Banned
Could have broken Alex Song's leg.....

I hope Arsenal take that shit to the FA and get this asshole what he deserves. He shouldn't play again this season.

At the Sunderland game my dad spoke to Milner. My dad got the impression a fair few of the players are not happy with Mancini for inviting him back in to the fold.
It would be really interesting to find out how the Man City players feel about Tevez and now Balotelli. I mean, even on the field Balotelli is just an absolute wanker even to his own team mates. He would be near unbearable off the pitch.

K1LLER7

Cup of nations, along with a fall in form from silva didn't help.

messi lookalike should've scored

Tevez came back because you were already falling apart didn't he?

MPW

lol this is why i didn't want albiol + arbeloa combo

valencia is gonna score

madrid needs to score a couple just to be safe

rodvik

Makes sense. Its tough to see players like Hart and Kompany get a kick in the teeth like that.

rodvik

Could have broken Alex Song's leg.....

I hope Arsenal take that shit to the FA and get this asshole what he deserves. He shouldn't play again this season.

It would be really interesting to find out how the Man City players feel about Tevez and now Balotelli. I mean, even on the field Balotelli is just an absolute wanker even to his own team mates. He would be near unbearable off the pitch.

Thats a fucking disgrace. He could have ended Songs career.

Feorax

That reminds me, has Aquillani played his 25th game yet? Need that. £5 million to put towards Carlton Cole in the summer...

Personally I think it slowly but steadily fell apart when JIIIIIIIII scored the last minute winner at Sunderland.

That was a chance for City to leave United trailing in their wake after we messed up at Blackburn but City fluffed their lines. Since then the away form has been really poor. There was the defeat at Everton and Mancini's bizzare "it was my fault" line.

The defeat at Swansea was the tipping point in terms of City capitulating, that sent United into the lead and City just haven't been able to regroup or keep up.

But the loss at Sunderland, after that is when City began to play poorly and look vulnerable IMO.

ATF487

I'm fucking petrified of what they're going to do in the summer mate. I'm having terrible visions of us buying Matt Jarvis for £12million, Darren Bent for £20million and then finding out 2 months later that we could have had Soldado for £25million.

FSG must be shitting themselves. They either give Kenny and Commoli what they want, and in all probability see those millions pissed down the drain, or they incur the wrath of the fans and see us persist with the mediocrity we have now. Or of course we have a new manager in who can be trusted to at least buy players with a bit of current and re-sale value. Or they force a different transfer policy on K+C, which will see one, or both, walk

If the Sox are anything to go by, I wouldn't expect huge investment in the summer, only some smaller squad players. I can't see them persisting with Dalglish after the season ends though, but Comolli might somehow escape the axe.

Feorax said:
That reminds me, has Aquillani played his 25th game yet? Need that. £5 million to put towards Carlton Cole in the summer...

Is Aquilani ever going to play for us?

Messi

Half way there Valencia. :p Madrid to win 4-0 after super mou team talk

Edit: I really Wat to see that bib picture again :( it was posted earlier

rififi

lol this is why i didn't want albiol + arbeloa combo

valencia is gonna score

madrid needs to score a couple just to be safe

True, but I don't think arbeloa and albiol are doing too poorly (relative to other performances). I would rather see Varane play because he has a lot of pace for a defender and to get more playing time, but last game he still made a few mistakes that opened up the defense.

A lot of bad passes by Madrid so far, poor positioning, poor decisions.

Kyoufu

HELL NO. I would be disgusted if Mourinho became Arsenal manager, absolutely disgusted.

I would much rather either Pep Guardiola or if that wasnt possible Moyes from Everton can have the job.

You are so full of shit. You'd rather have Moyes than Mou? Really?

Really? REALLY?!

Lightning

Banned
Disgusted and with titles ;)
I don't care. Pep Guardiola delivers titles too but in a classy, respectful way.

You are so full of shit. You'd rather have Moyes than Mou? Really?

Really? REALLY?!
Really. I HATE Mourinho. He's like a poison.

I reckon Wenger will see out his contract.
I'm sure he will and hope he does. I also think he might extend it if the next 2-3 years have better fortunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom