• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inversive

I don't want to sound like I'm settling for 2nd best but I think City fans can be proud in the fact they challenged for the title this season. It's City's first title challenge since 1978. Shock horror, THEY FINISH SECOND to a well oiled machine.

They've broke all kinds of records, more than you can shake a stick at. And they've been entertaining for many months.

City should have won this title - but it's not played on paper. But if United go on to win it now theres only one from nineteen other teams that can honestly say 'we challenged for that title'

Manchester City.

smh

Yen

I've quite openly admitted City should have won the title.

And I think part of the reason other fans are so critical of City is part jealousy of the money and this season because they out performed every other team bar the champions elect..

Yeah, jealousy, that's it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But he supported City all his life, through thick and thin. (His father also works there right?)

If anything, dc gets a free pass. Yes, finishing second, playing in the CL, and challenging SAF's United for the title is a massive achievement.

Mancini is a tool

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt you're meant to be on our side!

g5kGx.gif
g5kGx.gif
g5kGx.gif
g5kGx.gif
g5kGx.gif

I AM! I just feel bad trolling dc :(

dc89

But he supported City all his life, through thick and thin. (His father also works there right?)

If anything, dc gets a free pass. Yes, finishing second, playing in the CL, and challenging SAF's United for the title is a massive achievement.

Mancini is a tool

You are most correct. GAF, I like you all, but only a few of you understand. Yurt is one of the.

I think you mistake me for some sort of fan who has only jumped ship to City recently.

Wilbur

Banned
You are most correct. GAF, I like you all, but only a few of you understand. Yurt is one of the.

I think you mistake me for some sort of fan who has only jumped ship to City recently.

I only started supporting City when they came second in 2011/12 season.

Wait, you can't be proud of your team no matter what?

If I were you, I'd be steaming mad.

This team underperformed on every level for the past three-four months. Their European record is more understandable (not much CL experience to go around and no one gives a crap about the Europa here
Haha Bilbao, yeah I know
), but this team had no business losing the title to this United squad. A vintage United squad? Maybe. This one, riddled with injuries and still lacking any midfield to speak of? Nope.

I don't personally put the blame singularly on Mancini, but make no mistake. You can only look on City's season as a failure, not an achievement. A club of your MASSIVE stature
and MASSIVE payroll
should expect more than second places.

Splatt

Bielsa offered down a job from the USSF solely because he didn't speak English. I doubt we will see him anywhere outside of Spain for the time being.

Not a problem. With City's financial power, he can buy an all Spanish squad of players, assistants and so on.

Fantomex

This team underperformed on every level for the past three-four months. Their European record is more understandable (not much CL experience to go around), but this team had no business losing the title to this United squad. A vintage United squad? Maybe. This one, riddled with injuries and still lacking any midfield to speak of? Nope.

I don't personally put the blame singularly on Mancini, but make no mistake. You can only look on City's season as a failure, not an achievement. A club of your MASSIVE stature
and MASSIVE payroll

Grover play me on FIFA later? Battledrill on PSN

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not a problem. With City's financial power, he can buy an all Spanish squad of players, assistants and so on.
lol

In all seriousness I wanna see Bielsa at Madrid. Just imagine what he could do with the raw attacking power of los merengues. Mourinho es un pusilánime.

Wilbur

Banned
City's lack of experience in Europe is bollocks in my opinion. As a team yes, but why does the same argument not stand for Napoli who were in the fourth tier or something less than 10 years ago? Who don't have players who had played in the Europa League the season before, or Aguero who won it? Who don't have players like Yaya and Tevez (Balotelli?) who have won it, like Silva and Kolo and Clichy and Nasri?

They failed for the same reason we did; shite performances and poor tactical decisions

dc89

I only started supporting City when they came second in 2011/12 season.

Glad to have on board. Strap in, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

This team underperformed on every level for the past three-four months. Their European record is more understandable (not much CL experience to go around and no one gives a crap about the Europa here
Haha Bilbao, yeah I know
), but this team had no business losing the title to this United squad. A vintage United squad? Maybe. This one, riddled with injuries and still lacking any midfield to speak of? Nope.

and MASSIVE payroll

I am mad. I'm mad inside!

Kyoufu

City's lack of experience in Europe is bollocks in my opinion. As a team yes, but why does the same argument not stand for Napoli who were in the fourth tier or something less than 10 years ago? Who don't have players who had played in the Europa League the season before, or Aguero who won it? Who don't have players like Yaya and Tevez (Balotelli?) who have won it, like Silva and Kolo and Clichy and Nasri?

They failed for the same reason we did; shite performances and poor tactical decisions

They failed for one reason and one reason only:

Kevin Keegan curse.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Napoli gets a free pass because they have Cavani.
I don't want to imagine :p RM would be an unstoppable force with Bielsa at it's helm.

Kyoufu

It's funny how incompetent Mancini is. Footy-GAF posted many times Balotelli would get red carded if he wasn't subbed.

Guess what happened?

Mancini out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom