• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich goal
KuGsj.gif

Ajax beat United in the Aegon Future Cup final today. They beat Barcelona in two other finals in U17 and U19 tournaments too.

Still the best academy around.

Yeah between two teams that don't win on a consistant way for 20+ years ;). To me (I'm 21), it's the derby that decides who stays in 2nd place =) hope it stays that way. And the most important derby is Porto vs benfica.

A derby is a match between two teams from the same city.

Messi

Where?

Honest question: where do you guys get your football jerseys? Went to a Nike store but €80 is a little bit too much for a shirt.

Local store on clearance.

Nike and Adidas are gouging people for euro kits. Wait until a week or two after the thing ends and get them dirt cheap.

dc89

Ledley King is having a torrid time here!!

WTF!! Defoe goes to the other end and scores. Norwich may have a claim for a penalty at the other end as King upended Grant Holt. Spurs go down the other end and Defoe scores.

dc89

Yes. Should have been a penalty. King all over him, tugging the shirt and then a little trip. God we've seen some ropey decisions this weekend.

RaGe_pt

A derby is a match between two teams from the same city.
It can be from two teams from the same city. But it can be between the two strongest teams in a country. Isn't Real Madrid vs Barça a derby? It's a classical derby. At least I understand things this way. Anyway I just hope Sporting wins tonight. That way we'll have a 4 point lead with 4 games to play. We'll surely not miss the oportunity of being champions again ;)

I wish Nike would make us a kit like this...

AqC-unkCQAAe16B.jpg

It's PERFECT. Even if they put the Crest, Nike swoosh and sponsor on it. That template is just gorgeous.

Kyoufu

We really need to spice it up and score some goals. Can't let Tottenham and Chelsea get ahead.

Also, Ba looks very disappointing.

3 - Borussia Dortmund have lost all of their three Wednesday night matches this season. Omen.

There's hope for Bayern-GAF
or not. Every one of those 3 was a CL match lol

Hixx

If you could bottle this match, the world would never need to synthesize any anaesthetic ever again.

Get Wickham on for Cattermole and let Sessegnon play his free role, he's shit as a lone striker. Why play someone (Catts) who's admitted he's injured, it's stupid.

It feels like a last day of the season game, I know neither team has much to play for but fucking hell.

er, no. Pretty sure United were favourites at the beginning of the season.

Regardless, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. Admittedly, she can be heard warming up in the background.

The difference is 2 wins and a draw better than United for City to win the league. And City have to play us. So basically after that United have to lose once and draw once in the remaining fixtures with City cleaning up.

Everton-City-Swansea-Sunderland. < Utd could lose and draw in any of these games...

This title race ain't over.

And I don't think Citah will beat Newcastle away or us at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom