• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

M4nia.jpg

Ok, lets talk gaming related jersey/shirt/kit sponsors.
Obviously we've got Arse with:
oRZjr.png

duDxX.jpg

And there's also this vintage gem
(Commondore deserved the bankruptcy for going with Bayern...)
xD7yT.png

jEmEf.jpg

What else is there? I remember a particular game being advertised too?

Kyoufu

Scholes, despite being a Man United player, is incredible. He's part of the golden generation of footballers alongside Beckham and Shearer. What a world class player!

It's hard for me to compliment Man United after the rivalries of the mid 90s, but man, I can't hate Scholes. He scores goals.

dc89

Even I can say he is a great midfielder. A bad tackler so be it, but a great passer of the ball.

---

IT's ON! Nasri is sick of Piers's crap!

@piersmorgan and all the arsenal fans move on 10points ahead of you just support your team and forget about me

@piersmorgan dont talk about loyalty a english who to the us for is own show and more money hahahaha u are funny

@piersmorgan I'm aware what i said about titles i'm sure i will lift a trophy with Man City before AFC
@SamNasri19

Don't waste anymore tweets 2 Morgan @JoleonLescott @SamNasri19. Easy 2 sit behind your screen and give comments. Be a real man and say it their faces #moveon
@NJD_Official (Nigel De Jong)

Piers is the ultimate troll. He is goading Nasri with #LeMercenarie

GorillaJu

I have my fantasy team set up to have 11 players during gw34, and 5 players with a double week during gw36. Hopefully I'll overtake the guy in front of me in my friendly league, since he isn't prepared at all for gw34. He's gonna have to lose like 20 points in transfers or lose like 20 points from having only 4 players play.

Edit: whoops looks like the FPL discussion was on the previous page. Disregard! or whatever

Slizz

mls-teams-usa-adidas-09-10-seattle-sounders-home.jpg

http://fifasoccerblog.com/files/2011/07/st1-580x360.jpg[IMG]

Seattle Sounders and Swindon.[/QUOTE]

No problem with the Sounders kit, Microsoft has been their main sponsor and it's been that way since their inception. I think this is the first year it says Live though...

Wilbur

Banned
Who the fuck is Piers Morgan...

Did you avoid just the PL in the 21st century or life in general?

Also hahaha at that picture. I'd like to think given a choice between getting eaten out by me or Kerm, Salazar would trust me to hum Glory Glory Man United on his special area

GorillaJu

Oh god, those Nasri tweets. You're a little cunt, boy, but don't take the bait. No one takes that asshat seriously, anyway.

That Scholes image is neat but I can't see past all the typographical errors :(

I am deeply saddened by the paltry amount of games left this season. :( :( :( :( :(

Eh, at least you get to see Liverpool try and spend money this offseason. I'm stuck with watching us do nothing while McLeish buys shite.

It's not like anybody's shoving that Jesus shit down your throats in the U.K. Not as bad as where I live, that's for sure :p

If you live in America, they don't shove it down our throats here either.

IT's ON! Nasri is sick of Piers's crap!

@SamNasri19

@NJD_Official (Nigel De Jong)

Piers is the ultimate troll. He is goading Nasri with #LeMercenarie

I noticed this on twitter last night. I don't know why players bother responding to stuff like that, it won't do any good.

Hixx

What a miss from the Sheff Wed player, 1 on 1, dead centre of goal, no real pressure... just passes it to the keeper essentially.

dc89

I can't believe Bluemoon. First time I've been on in months. I see the thread 'Has David Silva cost us the title.' and I leave.

WrikaWrek

Banned
We forget, but it was Mou who first brought Balotelli into the spotlight. He was also the first to have problems with him.

He said Balotelli was unmanageable, and basically gave up on him back then. I guess we shouldn't be surprised at where we are right now.

Clegg

Piers Morgan a massive cunt. He tried to ruin Ian Hislops career on a number of occasions but failed miserably. Hes had him followed, his phones tapped and has had numerous slanderous articles published about Hislop. Except, believed those articles and Morgan ended up looking like a bigger cunt than previously.

Footballers should bring this up when Morgan tries to start something with them.

Hixx

Piers Morgan a massive cunt. He tried to ruin Ian Hislops career on a number of occasions but failed miserably. Hes had him followed, his phones tapped and has had numerous slanderous articles published about Hislop. Except, believed those articles and Morgan ended up looking like a bigger cunt than previously.

Footballers should bring this up when Morgan tries to start something with them.

He clearly has no shame, doubt it would deter him much. He's just a massive attention seeker, best course of action for the players would be to simply ignore him.

Wilbur

Banned

I reckon a lot of footballers won't know who Ian Hislop is, especially a lot of the foreign ones. Only intellectuals like Carlisle and Lampard watch Have I Got News For You, surely

Bumhead

Banned
All abit lord mayer's show for us at the minute. Really poor and nervy looking start.

We are generally slow starters anyway though so.. there's time yet.

Clegg

I reckon a lot of footballers won't know who Ian Hislop is, especially a lot of the foreign ones. Only intellectuals like Carlisle and Lampard watch Have I Got News For You, surely

Then employ a publicist or PR person who would probably know these things already.

Or do what Jeremy Clarkson did and punch the cunt in the face.

Yen

Carlisle is just as bad as Barton when it comes to self promotion of his own intelligence.

Messi

Oh my, I just found one of my barca jersey white whales in a sports store. Can not believe it. Bout to make up for being fat and jersey less a few years ago :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can Fulham get a result today? I think they can!

I think so. Chelsea scraped a point against Spurs, almost blew the Benfica tie, scraped a win against Wigan thanks to the linesmen. They look tired and have two massively difficult games in the next 10 days. It will be interesting to see Di Mateo's selections. Mata clearly needs a rest but without him they are utter shite in the final third.

Bumhead

Banned
Easiest home banker of the day, that. Preston were a shambles at Hillsborough and they're a team that isn't playing for the manager. Infact, if the scandal after our game is anything to go by, the players are actively trying to get the man sacked.

dc89

Easiest home banker of the day, that. Preston were a shambles at Hillsborough and they're a team that isn't playing for the manager. Infact, if the scandal after our game is anything to go by, the players are actively trying to get the man sacked.

I take it you support The Owls?

Yeah, leaking team tactics and line ups? ROFL. If it was a top flight club we'd have heard a lot more about it in the papers and on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom