• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh at that xbox shirt..
Totally forgot about that Fiorentina one. Nice.

I researched some moar:

wMdYb.jpg
tSchi.jpg

uSCcy.jpg

xTMey.jpg
AOymk.jpg

qepeB.jpg

YRRBx.jpg

cMVH8.jpg
E4yIc.jpg

Sega tried really hard ;(
9ZxdX.jpg
(Sampdoria)
KLnbs.jpg
(Deportivo)
6Bt4v.png
(St. Etienne)

hFm5N.jpg

yth31.jpg
(JEF United)

Racist City badge as a bonus:

paodB.jpg

http://manchestercitymemorabilia.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=408

Bumhead

Banned
Yes bud.

Still a few too many billy big bollocks in that Preston side and I suspect having a "lower league" manager from a "smaller" club in charge has probably gone down quite badly with some of their prima-donna's. They came to our match with no purpose other than to spoil the game, there was the whole farce with telling our players the lineup the night before the game and they're on a slide towards the drop zone. Stevenage are a good side too (they've done the double over us, including beating us 5-1 at their ground) and it's a tough place to go.

No chance Preston will get so much as a point there.

(Watch them win 3-0 now I've said that)

Kyoufu

It comes in waves for me. I'll probably expect us to lose for the next 3 games or something.
Or maybe I'm just setting my expectations so low it couldn't be worse!

Expectations are bad, but we have a really strong attacking side now. We're at home too so let's just have some fun.

The pressure is not on us to qualify for Europe. It's on the London clubs.

dc89

Yes bud.

Still a few too many billy big bollocks in that Preston side and I suspect having a "lower league" manager from a "smaller" club in charge has probably gone down quite badly with some of their prima-donna's. They came to our match with no purpose other than to spoil the game, there was the whole farce with telling our players the lineup the night before the game and they're on a slide towards the drop zone. Stevenage are a good side too (they've done the double over us, including beating us 5-1 at their ground) and it's a tough place to go.

No chance Preston will get so much as a point there.

(Watch them win 3-0 now I've said that)

Neil Mellor. That's all I need to say. His wages are crippling them.

Kyoufu

But I want Europeeeeeeeee. I'm scared Kyoufu.

Hold me.

I'm scared too. *hugs*

We really need to win all 6 games to get into Europe. That probably won't happen but we have to believe we'll get results off Chelsea and City.

I think the toughest game we'll have is Wigan away. They're fighting for their lives.

edit: I guess Chelsea away is going to be tough too but we beat them last season in the Carling Cup (or was it FA Cup?) didn't we? We're a lot stronger now so we have to believe.

BELIEVE!

I'm scared too. *hugs*

We really need to win all 6 games to get into Europe. That probably won't happen but we have to believe we'll get results off Chelsea and City.

I think the toughest game we'll have is Wigan away. They're fighting for their lives.

edit: I guess Chelsea away is going to be tough too but we beat them last season in the Carling Cup (or was it FA Cup?) didn't we? We're a lot stronger now so we have to believe.

BELIEVE!

I believe we can! I BELIEVE!

Coloccini is back today too, starting. Not sure what is up with Tiote though, not on the sub bench. I guess he picked up an injury against Swansea...

Hixx

Where's the fucking team news. I need to know if Brillo heed is playing.

edit: fuck, he is. No Baines or Cahill tho, slightly less miserable.

Just finished watching the Madrid match. Both teams had unbelievable chances to score, both keepers made some great saves. Madrid had more chances towards the end to win the game, I can't believe it stayed 0-0.

Also, Ronaldo needs to cut out his diving. I can't believe he still does that shit, he won 2 penalties earlier in the season by blatantly diving and he still does it. A player with his abilities shouldn't be doing it and it gives him a bad reputation.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale; Defoe, Saha.

Lennon and Bale wide, two strikers up front. It's been a while.

HixxSAFC said:
Sessegnon lone striker. Weak Everton team and we play 4-5-1. fuck this shit.

Apparently MON thinks it's fine to play for a draw at home now.

Hixx

Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale; Defoe, Saha.

Lennon and Bale wide, two strikers up front. It's been a while.

Apparently MON thinks it's fine to play for a draw at home now.

Bitter tears.

Fact is lad, you's weren't good enough to win and Droopy had no answer to our set up. More shots on target, vastly more corners - so negative.

And they said Bale was injured...

Bitter tears.

Fact is lad, you's weren't good enough to win and Droopy had no answer to our set up. More shots on target, vastly more corners - so negative.

You parked the bus. We know that because we invented parking the bus in the Premier League sense.

Bumhead

Banned
Lowe, well done lad.

3-0 flatters us. At times this has been one of our most tired, lethargic performances of the season and yet we find ourselves 3 up. Can't complain.

Back upto second and once again hope the grunters drop tomorrow.

Anderson

Just got back from bookies, accumlator is irrevelevant as I won £260 on the machines, love bank holiday weekend

So spurs feel free to lose now

dc89

Clichy has joined Twitter! Maybe he's going in to the fray with Nasri against Morgan.

@gael_22 if anyone is interested.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sky Sports News just showed Ivanovic punching Maloney in the back during the Wigan game. Hopefully a ban comes his way, it was horrible conduct.

HixxSAFC said:

Don't get me wrong, we were shite and deserved nothing. If anything you could have beaten us if you'd tried to give it ago, we were giving the ball away for fun.

Choc

Banned
wasn't arsenal sponsored by dreamcast as well?

edit: Ivanovic could be gone for the season for that. Shocking.

FA will act no doubt

also yep

950090-arsenal_00_home_dreamcast_super.jpg

Choc

Banned
I really want to know how 3 officials missed that

sure the Centre and the closest AR would be on the ball and watching it, but the far AR probably was looking up the field (no need to keep an eye on offside with the ball that far away generally)

and can EASILY see what happened and easily tell the ref :|

same with the Balo tackle although thats more likely to have been the closest AR was wathcing the offside line as it was much closer to that area of the field.

and if the 4th official saw it without the aid of television, he to can radio the referee and inform him. LIke wtf

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
wasn't arsenal sponsored by dreamcast as well?

edit: Ivanovic could be gone for the season for that. Shocking.

FA will act no doubt

also yep

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2689/950090-arsenal_00_home_dreamcast_super.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4796553150_730bf43c80_o.jpg

The linesman in that Chelsea game was due to be involved tmrw in the Liverpool-Blackburn game but he's been dropped. Should have dropped the entire officiating staff.

Barca vs RM has been rescheduled to 21st April @ 8pm.

bjaelke

Brøndby playing right now. Hopefully we can bounce back after our defeat against Copenhagen.
The linesman in that Chelsea game was due to be involved tmrw in the Liverpool-Blackburn game but he's been dropped. Should have dropped the entire officiating staff.

Just saw this on Twitter. Nice to see that the FA is aware of (some of) the mistakes.

Choc

Banned
Nothing like being dropped to motivate you as a referee.

FA did the right thing for numerous reasons. For 1 the media would have watched the game like a hawk again for offsides and the guy would be under immense pressure

Drop him to League 1/2 for 2 weeks to regain confidence and he'll be ok.

dc89

@piersmorgan no problem we bet and the winner gives the money to a charity

Nasri is betting Piers that City win their next trophy before Arsenal.

Yes. Assuming you don't get fired with your boss RT @SamNasri19: @piersmorgan no problem we bet and the winner gives the money to a charity

Piers is the ultimate troll, I've said it so many times.

Edit: Beaten with a kipper. Emirates cup shouldn't count. If it does it doesn't really matter, because Arsenal failed to win that this season.

Choc

Banned
Nasri probably shouldn't put on public forums he is partaking in a bet for a sport he is a professional player in.

Against the rules and the FA may have something to say about it.

I'm happy Arenal beat Man. City, but they should have sealed the deal earlier in the match. I find it disgracefull that they missed three chances in a row that my unborn neice would have scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom