• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cider X

I'm serious, I think Cisse can score more than Ba this season. Cisse's on 10, versus Ba's 16.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Pardew manager of the season without doubt. Incredible.

Time for Bale and Modric's agents to start drawing up the langauge, trnsfr rqst incoming!

Carbonox

Newcastle's next two fixtures are against Stoke (at home) and Wigan (away).

Chelsea have Arsenal and QPR after Fulham today. Spurs have it easier though with QPR and Blackburn.

Can establish 5th as ours. :D

Hixx

Thank fuck that's over for another season.

Someone bomb Goodison (when there's no one in it cos I'm kind like that) so we never have to go there again plz

WJD

Jesus christ she has a perfect body.

Unlike Lionel - you wouldn't think he was the best footballer in the world!

sixghost

Thank fuck that's over for another season.

Someone bomb Goodison (when there's no one in it cos I'm kind like that) so we never have to go there again plz

When Victor Anichebe is scoring deflected 360 spin volleys, there's a higher power at work.

Didn't Spurs collapse like this last year in the second half as well? They are inverse-Everton.

scarybore

Equal forth with Spurs, can hardly believe it. I don't think we will finish fourth in the end, but for the moment I can keep dreaming. :)

Newcastle's next two fixtures are against Stoke (at home) and Wigan (away).

Bit worried about the game with Stoke as they can be right arses, but we bossed them earlier in the season so hopefully we get the tactics right as we did then. Should win against Wigan, but that's the type of game we usually struggle with as we did for most of today.

Az

Easy there guys with the asses. Some of us are at work.

Can't believe I am complaining about nice asses, I am getting old.

^^^

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS! Dat everything. Truly a god amongst men.

Speaking of deities, Pardew has now pretty much guarenteed us at least 6th now. The question surely is can we get top 4 now!
YES WE CAN

WJD

Really hope Newcastle manage to squeeze into the Champions League ahead of Spurs and Chelsea.

They'd probably fall flat on their face in the qualifying stages, but still.

Kyoufu

Really hope Newcastle manage to squeeze into the Champions League ahead of Spurs and Chelsea.

I dunno. We have a good chance of getting past qualifiers depending on how many players we buy for 50 million in the summer.

offshore

Champions League would be great and everything... but it's not like we're gonna win the fucking thing.

A good run in the Europa League however is a realistic possibility.

Kyoufu

Champions League would be great and everything... but it's not like we're gonna win the fucking thing.

It's not about winning CL, it's about the money you get for qualifying. It's A LOT of money. Especially for us.

Carbonox

If we qualify for the CL, fuck getting out of the group stages but HELLO LOTS OF MONEY.

If we do qualify, I think Mike Ashley might throw a fair bit of money out to Pardew to bring in some decent players. We'd need one or two of pretty much every position though to give us the depth to take on four competitions.

dc89

I was thinking the same. He looks so....... Normal?

A match fit Tevez is like Messi in terms of his body. He's not rippling with muscle like Richards or Kompany. But Tevez can run and run and run when he's properly fit. So can Messi.

Yeah, agreed! Imagine if Ben Arfa came up against Messi though! What a night that would be, I mean he's good...but he's no Ben Arfa.

flyover

It's been amazing to see them climb so high in their second year back in the League. For some reason, I feel a little bad for Tottenham, but so long as one of those teams blocks Chelsea from the Top 4, I'm all right with whatever happens.

offshore

Dunno, I'd rather have a real good run in the EL than just qualify for the CL just for the money.

I think that particular feat is called "doing an Arsenal"

Kyoufu

Match of the Day will be fun tonight.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20876/7660764/Harry-fears-Toon-surge

They have QPR at the weekend which might be jammy, given QPR's desire to remain in the league.

Yeah posted that a few pages back. This was BEFORE they lost to Norwich lol

Dunno, I'd rather have a real good run in the EL than just qualify for the CL just for the money.

I think that particular feat is called "doing an Arsenal"

You're crazy. Playing in CL means you attract more quality players. Money + players = good for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom