• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck we were shit. King, you are a legend but you need to retire, cost us two goals, somehow escaped a red card and penalty and was beaten by the Norwich forwards at will. Tiredness was a massive factor but we didn't seem to have the drive or desire to win, for a team playing at home there was a shocking lack of impetus. Harry's substitutions were dogshit as well, taking Livermore off for VDV was bonkers. Southern softies sounds about right.

Spurs 1-2 Norwich

wciwdzjpg-1.gif

vall03

oh wow! these are some crazy games lately, Spurs losing, while Newcastle and Everton won. 3rd/4th can still go to anyone but heres hoping that Arsenal wont fuck up during the rest of the season.

Spurs had 53 points on the 11th February

2 months later, they have 59

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I remember when Spurs had a solid grip on 3rd place and their lead to 4th place was like 12+ points, I can't remember. But then Arsenal suddenly picked up steam and here we are.

Want to take this post to say how much admiration I have for David Moyes. Such a brilliant manager. If he ever does leave Everton any club would be very lucky to have him.

Wilbur

Banned
Want to take this post to say how much admiration I have for David Moyes. Such a brilliant manager. If he ever does leave Everton any club would be very lucky to have him.

I think he'd be mad to go Chelsea but us and Spurs couldn't do much better than to get him

Norwich absolutely outplayed us today.

King was shocking, as were Friedel, Walker, Modric, Bale, Saha and Adebayor.

We've not only thrown away third in amazing style but also fourth and most likely an F.A Cup final. Chelsea win tonight it will kick start their season and give them momentum going into the semi final at the weekend.

Harry should piss off to England now, I would rather have no manager at the moment, maybe we'd practice set pieces then.

Talk about ungrateful!

I could stomach 1 win in 7 because we've been unlucky and had a tough run. Norwich at home with a chance to break 60 points, put pressure back on Arsenal and give us some breathing space? Players take most of the blame but when he comes out with stupid things such as 'i didnt even know that was our first win in 5' and other crap he spouts you become a little tired of it. I appreciate he has taken us to a level to challenge for cl but Martin Jol had us at a similar level, we now nEed a manager who can take us to the next level and I doubt we will get them the way were finishing this season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I could stomach 1 win in 7 because we've been unlucky and had a tough run. Norwich at home with a chance to break 60 points, put pressure back on Arsenal and give us some breathing space? Players take most of the blame but when he comes out with stupid things such as 'i didnt even know that was our first win in 5' and other crap he spouts you become a little tired of it. I appreciate he has taken us to a level to challenge for cl but Martin Jol had us at a similar level, we now nEed a manager who can take us to the next level and I doubt we will get them the way were finishing this season.

What summed it up today was putting VDV on for Livermore. After being outplayed in midfield all game, he thought he should take of our only player resembling a defensive midfielder and replace him with a third striker. It was garbage and anybody with a brain knew Sandro needed to come on to try and exert some authority in there. Parker was sorely missed but with King a shadow of himself I doubt it would have made a difference. Both goals would never have happened if King was anywhere close to sharp.

Harry:
"Credit to them as I think they deserved it. We were disappointing. I changed the system to 4-4-2 and we were too open. I thought they bullied us a little bit. It was a difficult day for the boys at the back. It was a bad day but we have to pick ourselves up."

Then why the fuck did we finish the game with Lennon, Bale, VDV, Defoe, Adebayor and Modric on the pitch? Sandro was on the bench you twat. I doubt he'll even be offered the England job now, his limitations have been ruthlessly exposed in the last two months.

Today is not a good day for Hixx.

@Willkiller - you thought we were going to lose today. 100 lashes for you my friend.

Hahaha I was worried yeah, never really thought we'd lose though. Was just saying that so If we did atleast I could comfort myself with the notion that I called it and am slightly psychic.

Stimpy

Hansen will have a field day if he's doing MOTD tonight on Ben Arfa's goal, Bolton basically let him run right through the middle of them unchallenged :)

Kyoufu

Hahaha I was worried yeah, never really thought we'd lose though. Was just saying that so If we did atleast I could comfort myself with the notion that I called it and am slightly psychic.

Predicting a Newcastle loss isn't really being a psychic, we're used to losing when we should be winning :p

Though our current team is just beasting. Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba are deadly.

Predicting a Newcastle loss isn't really being a psychic, we're used to losing when we should be winning :p

It's how I would have comforted myself ;)
Yeah they are, shame about Ba though...apparently in the BBC report he 'stormed' off when he was subbed. I hope he doesn't let his head drop but it's been about 8 games for him without a goal now, he doesn't get the chances playing on the left but why would Pardew change what is clearly a winning formula?

Kyoufu

Is Ben Arfa our most talented player since Ginola? Both French too! Woo!

Hatem Ben Arfa = David Ginola

Papiss Cisse = Faustino Asprilla

ewwww! I didn't even notice before but Stephen Warnock is playing LM for us today! This is either going to be the biggest disaster in the world, or...well, almost good enough.

Wow, Villa with a lot of energy off the kick-off.

It was looking very much like a typical Home v Bolton game. Perch came off as there was no need for him, as Bolton weren't using the midfield and rarely looked to attack. So when Ferguson came onto the flank, and Gutierrez switched to the middle it helped create a bit of space (Bolton deciding to attack helped too).

We never really do well against Bolton at home. Amazing game. Great atmosphere. Class to see the players buzzing about Ben Arfa's goal after the final whistle too. Mehdi Abeid never stopped talking about it from the moment Ben Arfa sat down on the bench!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom