• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

I think it's high time for all the old codgers' of English football to give it up. Starting with "Big Sam".

Carbonox

A win would put Birmingham 3 points behind West Ham. Glorious. Don't want the Spanners getting back in the Prem. Unless they want to suffer the wrath of Leon Best again.

Carbonox

Hoofball tactics are the worst. I can't stand it. Everyone needs to play like Swanselona.

To be honest, even Newcastle would benefit by playing similarly. Unlike Swanselona, we have the final ball and ASSASSINS.

Instead, we still try to play hoof ball every so often which never works. We don't just have Ba to give the ball to now so we need to play on the deck. It's the only way we get our goals unless Pardew's been asleep the entire time. We have the players to pass through an entire team and get a goal in one movement.

List of Premier League clean sheets: http://www.premiership-football.co.uk/Premiership-League-Table-Clean-Sheets.php

Newcastle joint second! GO ON KRUL!

GQman2121

Banned
I was unable to watch, but bravo you Canaries! Hopefully the team we field today will show up for this Derby.

Now that the title is pretty much decided the real race is for 3/4 & 18/19. Wolves are certainly going down.

Kyoufu

To be honest, even Newcastle would benefit by playing similarly. Unlike Swanselona, we have the final ball and ASSASSINS.

Instead, we still try to play hoof ball every so often which never works. We don't just have Ba to give the ball to now so we need to play on the deck. It's the only way we get our goals unless Pardew's been asleep the entire time. We have the players to pass through an entire team and get a goal in one movement.

List of Premier League clean sheets: http://www.premiership-football.co.uk/Premiership-League-Table-Clean-Sheets.php

Newcastle joint second! GO ON KRUL!

That blows my mind. We've let in so many goals this season. It's either clean sheets or drubbings for us lol.

Regarding hoofball... remember the Arsenal game a few weeks ago? We got it completely wrong there by not playing Cisse and just hoofing it :(

Hahah Kyoufu <3 BTW I bumped into this beautiful track from Xenoblade (not playing it yet, but heard it thanks to a thread on GAF - Beauuuuuutifullllllllllll!

That is an amazing track.

Bolton with Anelka and Diouf up front were quite exciting at times under Big Sam.

Sure, but that was donkeys ago and Sam doesn't have that kind of quality now, yet persists with forcing square pegs in round holes. It doesn't matter that we have players like Lansbury, Maynard, Vaz Te and Baldock, because 90% of the time we're never set up to properly utilise them, and Sam's seemingly too stubborn to change his ways.

Fady K

Congrats to the Newcastle folks here, must feel wonderful to have SUCH AMAZING FINISHERS lol. Well deserved. If Chelsea don't get 4th, I hope you do.

Sorry to the Tottenham folks here, I thought they'd pull out with a win after the ref did ignored 3 penalty appeals for Norwich.

Everton, wow. Farid, why are you banned in such moments?

Sunderland, what's up :/???

Valencia, I love you.

In the end they are both terrible wrong though. Serie a is a whole other level of incompetence than what is seen in la liga and premier league. Also don't worry about CL, Fady, Chelsea will obviously win CL. ;)

I don't watch Serie A much, any funny mess ups recently of epic proportions? I'd love for Chelsea to pick up many trophies, most of all the CL obviously. But what the heck, Tottenham game was messed up today - not the team, the refs obviously - 3 clear penalties denied Eurosport says, one of which should have included a red card for King. We we also denied 2 penalties against them when we played them at home. But again we got lucky against Wigan so it goes around.

Exactly what I meant. Things happen, Chelsea score 2 offside goals, Ashley Young is offside, dives and gets a penalty + red card, Refs can't see everything.(though some things should definitely be seen by at least the linesmen)

Yeah it's pretty messed up bro! Look at my post above to Woodenlung for another amazing referee blunder at the Premier League. BTW what did you think of last night's game? HATS OFF TO VALENCIA - and DAT KEEPER!!!! Can't believe he was able to not fall for any of the diving. They are lucky they did not get carded even - when Messi dove last he got a yellow.

So this is what it feels like to be included in a Fady multiquote post, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

You, sir, are too kind <3

I was unable to watch, but bravo you Canaries! Hopefully the team we field today will show up for this Derby.

Now that the title is pretty much decided the real race is for 3/4 & 18/19. Wolves are certainly going down.

Bravo to the canaries indeed. Now we better, FOR ONCE, take advantage :'(!!!!!! And by that I don't mean a draw. It'll be tough, Fulham are in good form at the moment, plus it's away -_-.

Spurs dropping points and giving us the chance to go fourth means we're a dead cert not to show up and take our chances tonight.

Is anyone else starting to think that Tottenham are a busted flush?
Yeah. On the Chelsea forum I post on they all had fourth written off because Arsenal won yesterday. I said not to speak so soon because it wasn't Arsenal we need be concerned with, but more so the downward spiral of Spurs. A bunch of them told me we had no hope and it was gone... and then look what Spurs go and do today.

Don't get me wrong, it would be typical of us to bottle it tonight given the fact one of our rivals has done us a favour, but we're still in it.

rodvik

Aston Villa 1-0 Stoke

untitled-109tktk.gif

untitled-11ankb2.gif

Weimann, excite!!!!!!

Kyoufu

Spurs dropping points and giving us the chance to go fourth means we're a dead cert not to show up and take our chances tonight.

Fulham is going to be tough, but not impossible. I wonder what the players are thinking about though. Do they care more about CL qualification or the semi-final?

Carbonox

Fulham is going to be tough, but not impossible. I wonder what the players are thinking about though. Do they care more about CL qualification or the semi-final?

For a club like Chelsea, both, though they should ideally prioritise the league. Chelsea in the Europa League is crazy juju.

dc89

Well next year they won't have a CL Campaign to look forward to unless they finish 4th.

Arnie

Looking forward to the Chelsea game, hope Torres starts. Want to see some of his old moves. Might be better going on Youtube.

Empty

How many of the United clean sheets are De Gea? Would love him to get the Golden Glove after the start he had.

ten. linde has six and amos one.

chesney has eleven as does reina, krul and friedal twelve, hart thirteen

so possible but quite unlikely. it would be the icing, but he's proved himself anyway.

Carbonox

Just saw that N'Zogbia is on the bench for Villa. Does he not play anymore? :lol Who'd have thought that his career would be worse at Villa than it was at Wigan.

rodvik

Just saw that N'Zogbia is on the bench for Villa. Does he not play anymore? :lol Who'd have thought that his career would be worse at Villa than it was at Wigan.

He is coming off a nasty injury (had surgey a few weeks ago). He had assumed to be out for this match. I am surprised to see him on the bench to be honest.

Carbonox

He is coming off a nasty injury (had surgey a few weeks ago). He had assumed to be out for this match. I am surprised to see him on the bench to be honest.

Fair do's. Still, it's a shame to see someone of his talent have a pretty disappointing season. He's one of those players who has the potential to really help his team out and Villa deserve better than what they have been getting.

Clegg

ten. linde has six and amos one.

chesney has eleven as does reina, krul and friedal twelve, hart thirteen

so possible but quite unlikely. it would be the icing, but he's proved himself anyway.

So United have had 16 clean sheets this season?

Thats pretty good considering the amount of chopping and changing in defence.

rodvik

Fair do's. Still, it's a shame to see someone of his talent have a pretty disappointing season. He's one of those players who has the potential to really help his team out and Villa deserve better than what they have been getting.

True enough. he has struggled to bed in. Weird one. he really seems a talented player. he may be like Ireland for us. A season of shit then becomes one of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom