• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from when Ben Thatcher assaulted Pedro Mendes and was booked in the game.

He was subsequently suspended and charged with serious foul play by the FA.

So the FA are a shambles who have gone against their own rules in the past and make shit up as they go along.

EDIT: Gareth Bale is too fast for even me. And I used to be an alright winger.

I suppose they had to intervene then because of the nature of the foul (the intent to elbow Mendes was obvious). If Song's leg had been broken on Sunday, I have little doubt that the FA would have reprimanded him regardless of what the referees saw, especially if he hadn't been sent off later in the game.

We are defintely better than u in terms playing marseille. The rest will decide tmw.

The Marseille side we played was better but we lost because we sucked. Doesn't mean anything though.

Actually, I'm pretty relaxed about tomorrow. We have the better position: At home, 3 points up. If we win, it's pretty much over. A draw, no problem. Even if we lose, nothing's lost in terms of the championship because I'm rather sure Bayern will drop some points.

Blablurn

The Marseille side we played was better but we lost because we sucked. Doesn't mean anything though.

Actually, I'm pretty relaxed about tomorrow. We have the better position: At home, 3 points up. If we win, it's pretty much over. A draw, no problem. Even if we lose, nothing's lost in terms of the championship because I'm rather sure Bayern will drop some points.

I doubt we will win. A draw would be alright. Im afraid that a defeat would have some impact on those games against madrid. U know, in terms of motivation etc.

Zabojnik

Interesting. A guy I follow on Twitter who is pretty clued up with all things City has said be is aware that Dzeko has sold his house and is in rented accommodation now. Hmmm...

dzeko.jpg

"I cannot hide my disappointment at not moving to Juventus. I believed until the last moment that Wolfsburg and the Bianconeri would reach an agreement above all when the two clubs opened talks for Diego. Unfortunately it didn’t go how I wanted it to."

Make it right, Edin.

I doubt we will win. A draw would be alright. Im afraid that a defeat would have some impact on those games against madrid. U know, in terms of motivation etc.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Probably more a loss of confidence than motivation, though.

Do you think Schweini will start for you? I missed the Augsburg match but I doubt he's somewhere near 100%. So he probably shouldn't start, just like Götze.

dc89

dzeko.jpg

"I cannot hide my disappointment at not moving to Juventus. I believed until the last moment that Wolfsburg and the Bianconeri would reach an agreement above all when the two clubs opened talks for Diego. Unfortunately it didn’t go how I wanted it to."

Make it right, Edin.

Would Dzeko suit Juventus's style of play? I have to be honest, I only really watch Italian teams when they play in Europe.

I went to the City V Juventus game last season. It was awesome and Juventus brought a lot of fans and they were noisy and boisterous.

Del Piero's free kick was INSANE. The Etihad fell silent, well the City fans did anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
dzeko.jpg

Make it right, Edin.

Can't be worse than Borriello.

Alright Dzeko, we forgive you
because we're so desperate
pack your bags! You can take Elia's apartment!

We need more than Dzeko hmmm.

dc89 said:
Would Dzeko suit Juventus's style of play? I have to be honest, I only really watch Italian teams when they play in Europe.

Can he score goals?

elsk

Banned
Yeah, I know what you mean. Probably more a loss of confidence than motivation, though.

Do you think Schweini will start for you? I missed the Augsburg match but I doubt he's somewhere near 100%. So he probably shouldn't start, just like Götze.

I would start with Kroos-Gustavo tbh.

dc89

Hmm. Some paper talk going around that Juventus are ready to bid £11M for De Jong.

I can see City wrenching their hand off if that's true.

Dzeko should work in Conte's team as a complete centre forward. He's reasonably two-footed, tall and strong in the air, decent with the ball at his feet, and scored more than a goal every two games for Wolfsburg. I haven't kept an eye on him since he went to City, but I suspect he's being wasted there. To be honest, I was more disappointed by our transfer downgrade from Dzeko to Krasic two seasons ago than Aguero to Vucinic this year, as I felt the former was more attainable.

Today he's in the higher end of the bracket that's actually affordable and might even want to move to Juve, and with a few caveats I'd take him ahead of Higuain, even though the latter's out and out strike ratio is much better.

Messi

Come on Barca, revenge time. Put more pressure on Madrid.

Haha sky used the terminator theme for the highlights package. Awesome.

dc89

I like Dzeko. He looks nice.

As Shake Appeal says he probably is being wasted at City.

Dzeko is awesome. He has a permanent troll face on. I'll be back with some Youtube links to back this up.

He has to record a short message to a fan who won a competition. He can't do it because he says people are distracting him, so he orders all the City staff out of the reception of the training ground so he can concentrate. Then goes mental when they try and come back in. I love him.
---

Just got on the coach about to go the hotel. Everybody's golf on the PS Vita with the lads
@JoleonLescott

Feorax

Wonder if that formation is 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1?

It's 4-4-2 with Henderson on the right isn't it? ;_;

EDIT: @LFC: Subs: Jones, Enrique, Agger, Aurelio, Suarez, Kuyt, Carragher.

Not a single youngster given a go? Thats poor...

bjaelke

He didnt play for the reserves today. Bit pointless to pull him out of that and to travel with the first team if he doesn't even make the bench.

subs: Jones, Jose Enrique, Agger, Kuyt, Suarez, Aurelio, Carragher

captain Skrtel

and 4-4-2 :/ I'm almost certain.

Feorax

To be fair, Carragher isnt playing and out best finisher is on the pitch (albeit on the wing). We might not get totally embarassed.

Considering the fact we've got nothing to play for in the league I'm disappointed. Shelvey is only 19 but no Sterling? Why? What's the point of just playing this tired shite squad who've made it clear they don't want to turn up in the league any more. Also should've started Aurelio in my opinion, means you only have to make one sub when he gets injured, rather than subbing him on and then off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom