• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

As I said last night, Alan Davies does have a point to make, but he hides it behind vitriol and crude language. And the analogy I made last night was that it's like someone taking the piss out of one of your family members, even if they're making a good point you still just want to headbutt them.

panty

Practice time.

g6WeR.jpg

pNonj.jpg

sNa29.jpg

FootballFan

If he leaves searching for a new challenge, why would he take Barca's best players with him? :p Might as well stay then!

I'm calling it right now! His next club is Brecia FC.

Hmm you might be right, forgot to consider that. Qatar would be a big possibility too. We will never know til it happens, maybe he will go back to Barca B.

Salazar

As I said last night, Alan Davies does have a point to make, but he hides it behind vitriol and crude language. And the analogy I made last night was that it's like someone taking the piss out of one of your family members, even if they're making a good point you still just want to headbutt them.

He's been taking the piss out of scousers for a long time. Should have known better than to drop the Hillsborough argument into the middle of the piss-take. Mug though he can definitely be, he wasn't taking the piss out of that, but it was always going to blow up on him.

Arnie

He's been taking the piss out of scousers for a long time. Should have known better than to drop the Hillsborough argument into the middle of the piss-take. Mug though he can definitely be, he wasn't taking the piss out of that, but it was always going to blow up on him.

Aye, and if he didn't throw Hillsborough into the mix nobody would've really cared. It's fine if he wants to mock Dalglish on his Arsenal podcast, I'm sure the listeners love it, but it's inevitably going to get traction when you move from a vociferous attack on the club's manager to questioning the practices and principles employed on the anniversary of Hillsborough.

Was a stupid move from somebody I thought was above that.

I know I can hardly criticise being a Liverpool fan, but Redknapp's press conference must have been infuriating for a Spurs fan. Redknapp was basically saying that he sent the team out, and then didn't have a clue what to do when he realised you were too open in the middle, and as a a result, the back.

Did he make any subs or formation changes to even try and take more control in the middle?

I know I can hardly criticise being a Liverpool fan, but Redknapp's press conference must have been infuriating for a Spurs fan. Redknapp was basically saying that he sent the team out, and then didn't have a clue what to do when he realised you were too open in the middle, and as a a result, the back.

Did he make any subs or formation changes to even try and take more control in the middle?

He's training to become the England manager.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

No. We were getting dominated in midfield so he took of Livermore (who had a poor game but was our only player even close to a holding midfielder) and replaced him with Van Der Vaart, leaving one of our established holding players, Sandro, on the bench. we finished the game with Adebayor, Defoe, VDV, Bale, Lennon and an exhausted/disinterested Modric on the pitch. It was a joke and his accurate criticism after the game just makes it even worse. Honestly the last few months have shown him up as a really average manager. He hasn't rotated enough, hasn't acted decisively enough when we've been needing substitutions, and just when we found a system that suits us (4231) he goes back to 442. Honestly if we miss out on top 4 I want him gone, he wittered on last season about how we'd 'never had it so good at Spurs', but Jol finished 5th twice. He needs to wind his neck in and get his shit together.

Yesterday he should have played a front 6 of:

Livermore Sandro
Kranjcar
Lennon Defoe Bale

bjaelke

Reserves XI vs West Brom: Ward, Mendy, Sama, Wisdom, Robinson, Roberts, Coady, Suso, Adorjan, Ngoo, Eccleston.

No Sterling so he's presumably in the squad against Blackburn tonight.

Fady K

Awesome game. The amount of chances was insane, to think that it ended scoreless is quite incredible. I wish Tino Costa scored that long ranger(hit the cross bar), he is one of my fav players in La Liga(outside of Barca players).
Guaita was amazing in goal for Valencia, not as good as Varas'(Sevilla GK) performance against us though, but still fantastic.
Messi dive? What is this nonsense you speak of Fady.

Dat Hatem Ben Messi goal.

YES that Tina Costa strike was GORGEOUS! Guaita was insane. Why is he NOT the first choice for keeper???

Messi dived (or is it dove?) just once this whole season - way back - and got a yellow for it. That was it though. Unbelievable but, other than that, I don't recall him doing a single dumb thing all season; what a legend.

Fell asleep in the break yesterday and missed that shit. Glad I did.

I'm glad you did too, because we were DULL AS HELL. Very typical performance, with no creativity, no service, no good passing, Ramires was HORRIBLE, the defense was a joke - they conceded to a corner clumsily RIGHT AFTER Cech made a brilliant save and getting pissed off at them for defending like shit. They really pissed me off. Another typical shitty performance where we are lucky enough to lead and concede in the final ten minutes YET AGAIN.

2dlmJ.png

Enjoy that one. :p

HAHA I love it!

GQman2121

Banned
Are people aware of this Patrick Bamford yet? We signed him on deadline day in January from Forest and he's been lighting it up for the reserves. He scored again today, against Wigan, making it four goals in six games. He also has one goal in his only appearance for the U19 national side.

It's a lot of fun to see these teenagers doing well....but then you realize that guys like Fabregas, Messi and even Ronaldo are only only in their mid 20's and have been bossing for years now. It makes them that much more impressive.

QPRs appeal to get that red card from Old Trafford has just been denied, even though the offense was void as Young was offside. It beggars belief.

If it was Messi who had been sent off in an identical situation, but it was in the semi finals of a tournament, would they have rejected the appeal with the world watching? I suspect not

QPRs appeal to get that red card from Old Trafford has just been denied, even though the offense was void as Young was offside. It beggars belief.

If it was Messi who had been sent off in an identical situation, but it was in the semi finals of a tournament, would they have rejected the appeal with the world watching? I suspect not
Yup that's ridiculous.

Absolutely pathetic.

So, lets look at the parties in the wrong

Young - Gets a penalty and escapes all retribution
Linesman - Inflicts his blindness on one game in the championship
Mason - Nothing

Now, the parties who did fuck all wrong

Derry - One match ban

Bravo, FA. Bra-fucking-vo

edit - Thinking about it, the FA are failing in just about every part of their short and middle-term remit

The national team is a joke in all aspects
The referees and linesmen are getting worse
They're doing nothing to lessen the impact of human error
They're not making the rules any clearer in terms of handballs, offsides and red card offenses
They're failing to ensure that justice is done post-match where indiscretions are missed on the pitch

All the while every single senior member of the organisation blames everyone else for their department's shortcomings. If its not Trevor Brooking whinging about parents on the sidelines as an excuse for our laughable domestic youth set-ups, its the head of referees moaning about divers.

Absolutely infuriating that this is the organisation responsible for all football in this country, yet its riddles with lazy, semi-retired yes-men who are more than content to just squeeze as much money out of the game as they can until they hit the magic number of 65. At least the Premier League are honest in their role of being a money-making corporation.

thaOwner

What a terrible decision by the Football A-holes.

Tunic

I was reading an article just now that says Balotelli is facing the possibility of a nine-match ban. I think he may need a rehab stint as well. It would be nice if Mancini received a ban too for his awful handling of players and for keeping Balotelli in the game Sunday after that awful tackle on Song.

Bwahaha. Now we just need the ref to say that he saw that Ivanovic punch and Balotelli to not receive anymore suspension days than the red card got him.

I was reading an article just now that says Balotelli is facing the possibility of a nine-match ban. I think he may need a rehab stint as well. It would be nice if Mancini received a ban too for his awful handling of players and for keeping Balotelli in the game Sunday after that awful tackle on Song.

While they are at it they should ban Ferguson for being a shit head and Wenger for being french.

He needs to spend that rehab time building orphanages in Cambodia whilst spending his night sleeping on the floor in a shack. He has an attitude/temper problem and comes across as a spoiled man. Doesn't even realise how fortunate he is to be a professional footballer to be so talented at a young age.

Hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom