• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

People do realise how bad we are right?

Liverpool are in terrible form as we all know and an early Blackburn goal would probably see the team crumble again.

Apologies but your one of the teams I want to go down. Why? because I'm a petty bastard and would love Suarez to get the winner.

Liverpool are in terrible form as we all know and an early Blackburn goal would probably see the team crumble again.

Apologies but your one of the teams I want to go down. Why? because I'm a petty bastard and would love Suarez to get the winner.

What have we had to do with Saurez?

Ah is it because our name begins with Black?

I don't think Sterling should be used in this game. Youngsters shouldn't play away from home at the very start of their careers at these bigger clubs IMO. It could be a tight game, Blackburn will be physical against him and he won't have the support and comfort of Anfield.

Which is why he should be getting minutes at Anfield, for example on the weekend. The fans will be excited to see him, he'll generate a buzz and they'll applaud his every touch and help build his confidence.

2 centre backs and 2 left backs on the bench. There's no justification for that tbh. Johnson's back which is great, hopefully fit enough to start at the weekend as well, makes a huge difference to our threat from the right, otherwise we get Gerrard having to simultaneously play CM and RW

ShogunX

ZING!

No it's because you post regularly about how much of a cunt he is so it would be quite funny to see. I know others do the same but I think you might be the only one who are below us in the table :)

BTW LFC-GAF, any of you see the article by Jonathan Wilson in the Guardian today about Gerrard and how he might be detrimental for the team? Obv. there is more wrong with the team than Gerrard's form but thought it was interesting myself. Form since he has come into the fold has plummeted, but I'm guessing Lucas' injury came at a similar time.

ShogunX

Wait a second... you don't think he is?

To the opposition and on the football pitch? Yes. Players like him will always be disliked by other teams fans and rightly so but on the flip side everything he does gets magnified like he is the reincarnation of fucking Hitler.

Fry

I'm watching the highlights for RM - Valencia. Wow, one of the best goalless draws of the season. So many missed chances/great saves.

Salvadora

To the opposition and on the football pitch? Yes. Players like him will always be disliked by other teams fans and rightly so but on the flip side everything he does gets magnified like he is the reincarnation of fucking Hitler.

Any player who has behaved like Suarez would have the same reaction.

PaulLFC

How good is he? In your estimation.
From what I've seen of him in the reserves, very good. He's skilful, can beat players and he has one thing we're desperately lacking - pace, and lots of it. He looked lively in the few minutes of first team football he's got this season too.

Considering we're using our squad for this game, it's disappointing he wasn't at least on the bench - we don't particularly have anything left to play for in the league now, so I don't see the harm in giving him the last 20 minutes or half an hour as a sub to get him a bit more used to first team football.

Feorax

BTW LFC-GAF, any of you see the article by Jonathan Wilson in the Guardian today about Gerrard and how he might be detrimental for the team? Obv. there is more wrong with the team than Gerrard's form but thought it was interesting myself. Form since he has come into the fold has plummeted, but I'm guessing Lucas' injury came at a similar time.

It's not a huge surprise. At the weekend he kept dropping very deep, which caused problems for Henderson and Shelvey because that killed the bridge from Midfield to Attack.

We should just stick him on the right. He's a great winger and it kills his temptation to start playing in front of the back 4.

bjaelke

I don't think Sterling should be used in this game. Youngsters shouldn't play away from home at the very start of their careers at these bigger clubs IMO. It could be a tight game, Blackburn will be physical against him and he won't have the support and comfort of Anfield.

Which is why he should be getting minutes at Anfield, for example on the weekend. The fans will be excited to see him, he'll generate a buzz and they'll applaud his every touch and help build his confidence.

I honestly don't see why he shouldn't be on the bench against Blackburn. Kenny is not obliged to play him, but if we're comfortable ahead (as if) then he could benefit from the experience. He already got his debut at Anfield and the fans loved him despite the loss to Wigan. Raheem possesses a lot of pace which would be very welcomed against a Blackburn side that have been chasing Bellamy around for 60-70 minutes.
Who doesn't think Terry is a scumbag?

Fady

And that's just because he's a nice guy.

Wilbur

Banned
dzeko.jpg

"I cannot hide my disappointment at not moving to Juventus. I believed until the last moment that Wolfsburg and the Bianconeri would reach an agreement above all when the two clubs opened talks for Diego. Unfortunately it didn’t go how I wanted it to."

Make it right, Edin.

I think he's a class striker but needs a permanant run in the side.

Staying on on an advisory role, afaik.

Hmm. Some paper talk going around that Juventus are ready to bid £11M for De Jong.

I can see City wrenching their hand off if that's true.

Last season I would have fucking bit your hand off for De Jong. He hasn't been that great this season but for my money he's the best pure defensive midfielder in the league.

Post of the year

Arnie

Got offered a spare ticket to this match (Blackburn end) but I honestly can't go, my back is fucked. Was playing football with my little brother at the weekend and I pulled it randomly. Wasn't too bad but this morning I woke up stiffer than a garden shed. Been in agony all day.

ShogunX

Got offered a spare ticket to this match (Blackburn end) but I honestly can't go, my back is fucked. Was playing football with my little brother at the weekend and I pulled it randomly. Wasn't too bad but this morning I woke up stiffer than a garden shed. Been in agony all day.

Got offered a ticket as well but getting home tonight would of been impossible. Checked the trains and we would have to wait around for 5 hours in a random station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom