• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to spend that rehab time building orphanages in Cambodia whilst spending his night sleeping on the floor in a shack. He has an attitude/temper problem and comes across as a spoiled man. Doesn't even realise how fortunate he is to be a professional footballer to be so talented at a young age.

There's lots of footballers acting like cunts all the time, really nothing about football matters compared to parentless kids in Cambodia, doesn't make his tackles worse. I imagine he knows well enough how good of a life he got, especially considering the whole thing with him getting adopted when he was a kid because of his poor ass Ghanian parents and dealing with racism every day.

Not defending his tackles at all, as I said he should be suspended for them, but the "he should be sent to XXXXXX to realize how lucky he is" moral shit pisses me off.

He needs to spend that rehab time building orphanages in Cambodia whilst spending his night sleeping on the floor in a shack. He has an attitude/temper problem and comes across as a spoiled man. Doesn't even realise how fortunate he is to be a professional footballer to be so talented at a young age.
He had a tough up bringing as it is.

Balotelli just needs the penny to drop somehow. Sometimes, some people just can't kick it though. He's been around enough characters who you'd have thought would motivate and inspire him to be more professional. He just isn't though. Not really sure what the solution is and I don't think sending him somewhere where there's poverty is it.

He's always out on the town, you hear at least 3/4 stories a week at Uni of people who saw him here or there, late at night, smoking, in a club, whatever. The best players don't do that. He needs to learn he has to make comprises if he wants to be a top player, just like everybody has to in any walk of life.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SRmIp.png

Zabojnik

He had a tough up bringing as it is.

Balotelli just needs the penny to drop somehow. Sometimes, some people just can't kick it though. He's been around enough characters who you'd have thought would motivate and inspire him to be more professional. He just isn't though. Not really sure what the solution is and I don't think sending him to Africa is it.

He's always out on the town, you hear at least 3/4 stories a week at Uni of people who saw him here or there, late at night, smoking, in a club, whatever. The best players don't do that. He needs to learn he has to make comprises if he wants to be a top player, just like everybody has to in any walk of life.

Can't wait to see him move to Milan next year. Zlatan, Cassano and Balotelli together, it will be amazing.

PaulLFC

Maybe already posted but it deserves posting again:

The FA
Derry appeal dismissed
Tuesday, 10 April, 2012
Queens Park Rangers midfielder Shaun Derry will serve a one match suspension with immediate effect after his claim of wrongful dismissal was rejected by a Regulatory Commission today [Tuesday 10 April].

Derry was dismissed for denying a goalscoring opportunity in the Premier League match against Manchester United on Sunday 8 April 2012.
Also on BBC and SSN.

Absolutely unreal. How can you deny a goalscoring opportunity when Young was offside, thereby making any further play and/or decisions irrelevant?

Joke of a decision, but this is the FA we're talking about.

Can't wait to see him move to Milan next year. Zlatan, Cassano and Balotelli together, it will be amazing.
It really will be mayhem :lol

NSS is so realistic, I give the strikers at Juve so many chances to score...but no...

Title races across Europe are very exciting. Our title races in England are usually rubbish. Always 2 teams and it hardly ever goes down to the last couple of gameweeks. That Dutch league is just ridiculous, I'd have a heart attack. I think within the top 6 there are 7/8 fixtures where those sides play each others, so many big big games in the final month.

Kyoufu

The only good thing FA ever did was stripping John Terry of the England captaincy. Not that anyone even cares (except Fabio lol)

In a few hours, both Emanuelson and Nesta got "injured": Urby has a muscular problem, and Nesta has a fever.

That's a total of 15 players injured or suspended, somehow unavailable for tonight. Our training pictures could easily be an hospital room.

I aint even mad.

Yen

In a few hours, both Emanuelson and Nesta got "injured": Urby has a muscular problem, and Nesta has a fever.

That's a total of 15 players injured or suspended, somehow unavailable for tonight. Our training pictures could easily be an hospital room.

I aint even mad.

doicare

Zabojnik

9q9jC.png

Amazing lol 10/10.

:)

And you should really learn to like him, because he's here to stay. Gazzetta are saying that Quagliarella is about to prolong his contract until 2015. With Del Piero leaving (I'm still hopeful they'll ask him to stay another year tho) and a WC striker incoming, Quaglia and Matri will be our reserves, Vucinic and Torres (lol) our starting forwards. I could get behind this, actually.

Fry

I aint even mad.

I think Pato's disease is getting to everyone!

Where's faridmon at these days? He would have loved City's meltdown and the changes in fortunes for Everton and Liverpool in the build up to Saturday's game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabojnik said:
And you should really learn to like him, because he's here to stay. Gazzetta are saying that Quagliarella is about to prolong his contract until 2015. With Del Piero leaving (I'm still hopeful they'll ask him to stay another year tho) and a WC striker incoming, Quaglia and Matri will be our reserves, Vucinic and Torres (lol) our starting forwards. I could get behind this, actually.

Haha I don't hate him! As long as he plays wide on the left I'm okay with him being around. He's so frustrating though, a bizarre case of Jekyll and Hyde!

I aint even mad.

What the fuck? What's going on over there!!

*meanwhile with Allegri*

army-mud-training-1.jpg

OQxee.jpg

military_training_01.jpg

I think Pato's disease is getting to everyone!
That's a possibility.
Nah, not really anymore.
What the fuck? What's going on over there!!

*meanwhile with Allegri*

http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/2009/army-mud-training-1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OQxee.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.izismile.com/img/img3/20100112/military_training_01.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I guess we also hired some of the actors from Scrubs to be our physio team. Which would make sense, in a way.

Dermot Gallagher: "The fact that he was offside doesn't count, because the referee only judged what he considered was a foul. When you see it from most angles you quite clearly see it's not a foul. When you see it from Lee Mason's angle, he considered it's a foul. So because it's not deemed a clear and obvious error, they have to stand by the referee's decision."

It seems like he's saying that because it looked like a foul from the referee's viewpoint, who doesn't have the benefit of the other angles, it's not a clear and obvious error and therefore cannot be rescinded. Their definition of clear and obvious error is very strange but their decision sort of makes sense in the way that they have described it. Yet it's still ridiculous when consider the literal definition of clear and obvious error.

edit: with regards to the offside, it seems they consider them as two separate incidents, one of which was not the referee's decision but the linesman's.

Igo

Maybe already posted but it deserves posting again:

Also on BBC and SSN.

Absolutely unreal. How can you deny a goalscoring opportunity when Young was offside, thereby making any further play and/or decisions irrelevant?

Joke of a decision, but this is the FA we're talking about.
Maybe because the FA don't overturn incorrect offside decisions? I don't think i've ever heard of it happening before.

Good.

But Balotelli got away with just the red card. lol

Yeah, no further punishment for him...

"Where at least one of the officials has seen the coming together of players, retrospective action is not taken. [Some bullshit about retrospective action been taken where none of the officials has seen the coming together, and only being reserved for off the ball incidents as agreed with FIFA and all football stakeholders.]"

The FA's protocol of letting the ref's decision stand if he saw the incident has been shown up massively today.

Ref's basically don't make mistakes if they see an incident. Ridiculous.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
haha Balotelli dodged a charge for that Song tackle. If the incident was seen by one of the officials, why wasn't he sent off? What a horrendous week it's been for referees. They missed two penalties in the Spurs-Norwich game and red cards for King and Kaboul as well.

WJD

Never been a fan of the media's ability to create a shitstorm out of nothing, but I hope they conjure up the shittiest of shitstorms for the FA over the next few days.

Rooney gets a 4 game ban (yeah, I know, WAYNE ROONEY) for swearing into a camera and Balotelli gets nothing for nearly breaking a fellow professional's leg? Fucking shambles.

Never been a fan of the media's ability to create a shitstorm out of nothing, but I hope they conjure up the shittiest of shitstorms for the FA over the next few days.

Rooney gets a 4 game ban (yeah, I know, WAYNE ROONEY) for swearing into a camera and Balotelli gets nothing for nearly breaking a fellow professional's leg? Fucking shambles.

When Rooney got banned for that, I could do nothing but laugh. That was unbelievable.

dc89

Seeing as City have learnt this season you can't just buy the title do you think they will now try buying the officials?

---

Interesting. A guy I follow on Twitter who is pretty clued up with all things City has said be is aware that Dzeko has sold his house and is in rented accommodation now. Hmmm...

That's completely different though Meus. The referee can't hand out a further match ban on the pitch. See the Ben Thatcher elbow.

Huh? The ban extension was done after the game by the German FA, not the referee. The ref had already sent him off during the game. That could never happen here because if the ref sees it, that's the end of it, regardless of whether the red card was a mistake in the first place. Except in that Thatcher case which now no longer seems to apply it seems

Larsen B

The FA follow a FIFA directive I think where you let an officials original decision stand if they saw the incident.

Apart from when Ben Thatcher assaulted Pedro Mendes and was booked in the game.

He was subsequently suspended and charged with serious foul play by the FA.

So the FA are a shambles who have gone against their own rules in the past and make shit up as they go along.

EDIT: Gareth Bale is too fast for even me. And I used to be an alright winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom