• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
One of the funniest games of the season. If Blackburn had stopped trying to tip-tap through 3 CBs for half an hour and tried to whip balls in from wide areas they would surely have scored a third.

First penalty from the Yak was one of the worst I've ever seen in the Premier League.

elseanio

That was awesome. Not a good match in a footballing sense but there is no way you could have written that script. Madness!

Shelvey is good, was the only player who kept calm in the madness, great technique he's got.

Jonjo has been great the last few games.

Great game of footy. Felt like a cup tie. Gutted I didn't go now!

Arnie

Jonjo has been great the last few games.

Great game of footy. Felt like a cup tie. Gutted I didn't go now!

Same. Got offered a ticket in the Blackburn end by my step dad's friend, but my back's completely fucked. Can barely lie on the sofa without wincing, let alone sat on a plastic seat for two hours.

ShogunX

Without our first two goalkeepers neither would I.

There are a couple of positive points though. Hopefully we should have our first choice back four with Agger and Johnson back. And secondly Everton are notorious bottlers in the derby.

Just nice to get a late winner that will no doubt boost the lads before Saturday and also it's about time we showed a bit of character.

Ushojax

They're on the floor during Carroll's goal. Pushes up once and then right hand seems to punch out when Skrtel stands over Henley.

I don't think he really punches him he just shoves him, stopping him from getting up. They had a decent claim for a foul, no doubt.

Stimpy

I wish Kenny wasn't such a dick during interviews, it was funny at the beginning but now it's just tiresome and I don't think it reflects well on us as a club.

Arnie

Just nice to get a late winner that will no doubt boost the lads before Saturday and also it's about time we showed a bit of character.

True. When we went 2-2 I thought there's no way we'd get anything from the game, given our lack of bottle lately. Good to see everyone still fighting, feels odd to score so late. Was the last time we won a game that late Bolton last season? I remember nearly jizzing myself when Cole bundled it in.

EDIT: I'm forgetting United in the Cup. Wasn't as late but it had the same effect.

Right at the end just before Carroll scored.

Yeah I just saw it. He lifted his leg up, pushed him and then did one of those fake punch things. It wasn't a proper swing or anything. Hanley fell on top of him but I'm not sure there was anything he could do about that. Skrtel's reaction was disappointing, but I don't think anything will come of it.

PaulLFC

We deserved that I reckon. I would say that, but we kept attacking for most of the game even with 10 men. The first penalty was definite, and even though Doni didn't intentionally bring him down (he just couldn't get out of the way), it was a sending off.

The second penalty was a joke. Jones flapped at it and should have done much better, but Yakubu ran into him and then fell over. For a big man it doesn't take much to knock him over.

Delighted for Carroll, he's been working hard lately even if he hasn't been scoring, and he deserved that goal. Hopefully it will give him a bit of confidence now (although I said that last time).

Ushojax

The second penalty was a joke. Jones flapped at it and should have done much better, but Yakubu ran into him and then fell over. For a big man it doesn't take much to knock him over.

Didn't take much to knock Bellamy over either. Awful dive.

Anyway, I think you deserved it. Dalglish made the right changes and you looked dangerous on the break.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm impressed with Mascherano, Pep has converted him in a world class defender IMO. it helps that he still possess some of that midfielder mentality which helps a lot with his distribution from the back. dude is a beast, he has this innate talent of anticipating opponent to win the ball back that no one else in the team has, only Puyol comes close.

want gif of him saving the ball from going out of bounds. sunhi? :bow

Kyoufu

Liverpool looked better on the night, but still that was like watching the special Olympics.

Match of the season for the comedy.

What has he said now? It really doesn't. I really dislike him, can't wait untill he gets sacked.

He said he didn't want to talk about any questions on the decisions made during the game, answered one question by saying he didn't see why he has to explain himself, at one point he walked in front of the camera and looked like he was leaving or possibly going to shake someone's hand, but he went back, then said there's a press conference on Thursday morning "if you're invited Andy" to answer questions on Saturday's game.

bjaelke

Both teams were bad. Liverpool better hope Everton aren't firing on all cylinders come Wembley...

Because we're going to be playing 10 reserves against Everton? We were terrible tonight, there's no discussion there. I just don't see how it's any indication of the game on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom