• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

I don't see much wrong with that
I do. So you wanted Rafa to take the obvious bait and say "Yes of course it was a penalty, it was a shit decision and the ref should take a look at his performance"? I'm exaggerating obviously, but if you question a decision in any way whatsoever these days you're likely to end up with a fine and/or a touchline ban, that was clearly the type of answer Burton was hoping for which is why he kept repeating it even though it was obvious Rafa wasn't going to answer.

Wilbur

Banned
Just saw a video with Ancelotti :/ loved that man, I could handle Chelsea then. Even before AVB the way they got rid of him was fucking awful. Such an awesome guy

Clegg

Just saw a video with Ancelotti :/ loved that man, I could handle Chelsea then. Even before AVB the way they got rid of him was fucking awful. Such an awesome guy

I'm amazed they sacked him. He won the double with them ffs.

But I'm even more amazed that this Chelsea team have gotten to the CL semi final.

Kyoufu

I'm amazed they sacked him. He won the double with them ffs.

But I'm even more amazed that this Chelsea team have gotten to the CL semi final.

They got one hell of an easy ride to the semi. Now they drop their pants and take it from Messi.

Dibbz

Done a bit by the ref but we deserve nothing more today and fully deserve to go down

Damn.

Hope Blackburn stay up, they've got some good players and imo they deserved to win today. Fucking Yak of all people to blow it for them though.

Liverpool should get spanked by Everton in the semi if they carry on playing like this.

I do. So you wanted Rafa to take the obvious bait and say "Yes of course it was a penalty, it was a shit decision and the ref should take a look at his performance"? I'm exaggerating obviously, but if you question a decision in any way whatsoever these days you're likely to end up with a fine and/or a touchline ban, that was clearly the type of answer Burton was hoping for which is why he kept repeating it even though it was obvious Rafa wasn't going to answer.

Well I don't think that's true at all. Just on Satuday Martinez called the decisions against Wigan 'disgusting' and he was issued an apology today from Mike Riley! I don't think there would have been anything wrong with Rafa just stating he thought it was a penalty. At the very least he could have made an argument why he didn't want to answer the question instead of repeating '27,000 people'.

I don't doubt if he was involved in the Sian Massey thing that he is a slimy bastard, but I don't think he was trying to get Rafa in trouble. Anyway, I don't even know why we're talking about this haha, I loved Rafa :D

Edit: Wait? Is this the Kenny interview that makes Burton a cunt? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTAI0QHoJy4 can someone please tell me how that makes Burton the bad guy? Kenny is once again making snarky remarks 'I don't see why I need to explain it' when being asked why he was so confident they would win. Then he tries to walk off in the middle of a question. The man is pathetic. The sooner he is out of the game the better. He fails to realise the way he handles the media has an impact on the way people perceive the club.

Talon

Well, this thread took a strange turn.

What do you imagine Carlos Tevez is like in bed?
Nobody knows because he leaves when she gets interested

Blackhead

Redarse
8-2 was surely the funniest game.

The funniest thing about that game is Arsenal hadn't scored two goals at Old Traffold in over a decade. Even the Invisibles didn't manage that. Worse, Walcott got a goal o_0. Shameful performance by United to tell the truth.

Clegg

The funniest thing about that game is Arsenal hadn't scored two goals at Old Traffold in over a decade. Even the Invisibles didn't manage that. Worse, Walcott got a goal o_0. Shameful performance by United to tell the truth.
A team full of Nasris?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Javier-Mascherano-6.jpg

beast, thanks liverpool.

Did Burton start asking Jones about his recently deceased son? If so, woah.

Tbf burton only mentioned him pointing towards the Sky, Jones mentioned his late son and then the birth of his baby boy Nico. Really happy for Jones to have some luck and an opportunity, not just because being 2nd or 3rd keeper at Liverpool must be fuckin' torturous, but also because of what he's been through privately and to have this happen at a time when things are getting better for him privately too..

Clegg

I feel sorry for Steve Harper. He was behind Shay Given at Newcastle for 10 years. When Given left for City, Harper must have though he's finally gotten his chance.

Then Newcastle signed Krul.

Javier-Mascherano-6.jpg

beast, thanks liverpool.

Even though Lucas is great, I can't pretend I don't miss Masch sprinting around for 90 minutes, going crazy when he wins a throw-in, his eyes popping out of his head as he fist-pumps the crowd after a goal, and tackling anything that moved, often after a 60 yard burst.

Underrated for me

Slizz

£24M?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! what the hell.

Football is the worst knee-jerk sport I follow. Worse than NFL, NBA. Only other sport close to it is MLB. 9 years ago a pitcher by the name of Barry Zito got a $124mil contract and this year was the first year he was healthy enough to start opening day. Not 100% sure but out of a 182 game season and probably around 30 starts a season for a pitcher he has never achieved 10 wins either.

Empty

so glad we missed out on nasri in the summer.

him being city's player of the month is a hilarious indicator of how much they bottled it recently.

Clegg

Front page of ESPN Soccernet:

jhaDh.png

Seems oddly timed being he was name City's POTM for March by City.

It was the first time since August that Nasri was even visible on the pitch.

I think they were just surprised at his decent performances.

And £24m was a ridiculous price for a player with only 1 year left on his contract.

Arsenal mugged City.

Football is the worst knee-jerk sport I follow. Worse than NFL, NBA. Only other sport close to it is MLB. 9 years ago a pitcher by the name of Barry Zito got a $124mil contract and this year was the first year he was healthy enough to start opening day. Not 100% sure but out of a 182 game season and probably around 30 starts a season for a pitcher he has never achieved 10 wins either.
Tbf Zito strung together a few good years to earn that contract.

Also. NBA is pretty knee jerk.

Slizz

Tbf Zito strung together a few good years to earn that contract.

Few good years or 1 real good one? I remember just the one good one prior.

EDIT: And that one year was enough to make me a fan of his. Really disappointed with his performance since, seems like hes trying to pull a Kerry Wood and become relevant again in his older years.

Scum

Fuck work. Just got back in. Looks like I missed a glorious evening of neutral football from Liverpool & Blackburn. Sad to see Blackburn like this. :-/

Just seen that Daglish interview...just contrary for the sake of it IMO.

I really wanted Nasri at United, glad we didn't get him in the end, not sure where he would have fit in. Not convinced about him in CM. Still a good player though, technically he's superb but he needs to find a way of asserting himself on games more. Often you need to be given responsibility to do that...he's not had that at City IMO.

Clegg

I didn't realise you were a wrestling fan. I know some people who aren't went in to troll and got banned.

I'm not really a fan anymore. I'll watch Wrestlemania and the odd show, but thats about it.

The hate John Cena gets on that thread is pretty hilarious though.

Hes their equivalent of Suarez.

Nasri is a quality midfielder. He could walk into the first team in any side in the PL. I want him to do well.

Dalglish seems quite unlikable from his interviews with his fake smile and attitude

Lightning

Banned
I still can't believe City actually paid us 24million for that overrated twat Nasri and then the outrageous wages they put him on? City are dumb, pure and simple. Having money is one thing but until they get a clue in the transfer market they will bleed money. Is a trophy worth a 150-200million loss? Not in my opinion...

Kyoufu

I still can't believe City actually paid us 24million for that overrated twat Nasri and then the outrageous wages they put him on? City are dumb, pure and simple. Having money is one thing but until they get a clue in the transfer market they will bleed money. Is a trophy worth a 150-200million loss? Not in my opinion...

It is if 200 million is peanuts to you.

The first one is always the hardest.

LegoArmo

If they time it right, they'll start winning them when Fergie retires, not giving him time to fuck it up for them, like he did with Chelsea.

Clegg

Woud anyone else take Dzeko from City.

He hasn't really settled with them, but he is still a quality striker.

I don't think he'd really fit Uniteds style of play though.

elsk

Banned
Dzeko, as Gómez, need to be the starting striker like in 90% of the matches. They need to built up confidence and motivation. Obviously City isn't going to wait a couple of weeks or a month to see him start scoring like we did with Gómez.

He should join Juve (or Bayern :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom