• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
wA707.png

8E9lu.gif
8E9lu.gif
!!!

neoanarch

Arsenal fans, will Wenger buy a new forward? I ask because Carlos Vela is having a fantastic year in Spain,(better than Cesc) and he's on loan.

vall03

fuck! just saw my local espnstar schedules and Wolves - Arsenal starts at 2:45 in the morning, *sigh* guess I'll just sleep early today and set an alarm, I have no commitments for tomorrow anyway.

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool would be mad to let Carroll go to one of their rivals.

In other news:

Manchester City defender Micah Richards says his team's faltering form which has allowed Manchester United to take a virtually unassailable lead in the Premier League title race, hurts so much that he "wanted to cry".

City, who won the last of their two English league titles in 1968, appeared on course for a long-awaited third when they led for a majority of the season, until United surged ahead of them a month ago.

With six matches remaining, United have moved eight points clear of City and are in prime position to clinch the title for the 20th time in their history with a successful defence of their Premier League crown.

When United scored two late goals to beat Blackburn Rovers 2-0 last week, City's destiny was no longer in their hands and the 23-year-old Richards told the Daily Mail he realised then just what had been lost.

"At halftime and at 60 minutes, I thought: 'You never know', but United do always look like they will score," he told the newspaper. "So I knew it was going to come.

"But when they got it and went further clear of us, I actually wanted to cry and I haven't done that or felt like that in years.

"Football is full of emotions. You get angry and happy but I have never wanted to cry before. This time I did as that's how much it means.

"I have been grafting so hard this season, we have played unbelievable football and to see United come like this is horrendous. It kills me."

Although the sides are still to play each other at City on April 30, Richards admits their chances of winning the title are now slight.

The situation could change later on Wednesday when United play at Wigan Athletic and City host West Bromwich Albion, but the champions would need to suffer a major collapse to relinquish the title.

Richards added that City's 6-1 win at Old Trafford in October now seemed like a very long time ago but it could have settled the title race had United been managed by anyone other than Alex Ferguson.

"Fergie has got to be one of the best managers that I've ever come across because, if we had got beaten 6-1 that day, United would have been 20 points clear by now," he added.
He also agrees that United are a very special club.

"They used to have Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbatov," he said, "It was terrifying.

"Now, if you are talking about really special young players, then they only have Wayne Rooney. But as a team they are unbelievable. They know how to win. If we can learn some of what they have, then next season we will be twice the team we are now.

"And then we will take some stopping."

“Had McClaren been still in charge, I would have had 60 caps by now,” said Richards. “McClaren believed in me and Capello believed in people like Phil Jones and Smalling. That’s the way it was and that’s fair enough. They are great players. Capello and I had one chat. He told me I went forward too much but that’s the way they want me to play at City. I also did hear that he thought I was hanging around with people like Rio too much at England training, but when I was younger I looked up to Rio and when I was with England he took me under his wing. Another manager told me Capello had said I was hanging round too much with the senior pros. He thought I was big-time. What’s that got to do with anything? I didn’t know anyone else! I didn’t deserve not to be in Capello’s squad and that’s the painful thing. He played Jagielka ahead of me in one game even though he hadn’t played right back for about six years. How am I supposed to take that? Then Tom Cleverley played half a good game at Wembley (in the Community Shield) and was in the next England squad. I was buzzing because Tom is my mate but what is that about? If you play well for United you will get straight into the England squad. At other clubs it’s harder. I graft every week but feel I have to try twice as hard to get recognition.”
I wonder what Michael Carrick thinks about that.

Salazar

lol Micah Richards said:
"Cleverley played 1/2 a good game at Wembley & was in England squad. I was buzzing because Tom's my mate, but what is that about?"

I dunno why you feel the need, son. Carry on down this track and you'll end up a Gollum-like fuckup like JT.

EDIT: CURSE YOU VIVA.

Pogba is dead to me.

I dunno why you feel the need, son. Carry on down this track and you'll end up a Gollum-like fuckup like JT.

EDIT: CURSE YOU VIVA.

Pogba is dead to me.
Mwahaha.

Micah is right but probably shouldn't have come out and said it so frankly, sounds a bit bitter and desperate tbh, which is fair enough.

What's Pog up to these days? When are Juve unveiling him as their new #10?

Salvadora

Mwahaha.

Micah is right but probably shouldn't have come out and said it so frankly, sounds a bit bitter and desperate tbh, which is fair enough.

Rumours are he's stalling over a new deal...again.

Salazar

Duncan Castles (who seems to get a bit wound up these days when people doubt him) reckons something is on paper between Pog and Juve.

I think he definitely would have signed if he wasn't going to fuck us/try to fuck us.

Edit: He's nowhere close to a medal. My mistake.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HAHA alright I'll go back to my old jacket!

We should take it out of circulation for a few years (at least). I'd hate to see someone else wearing it so soon. :(

I don't want to see something like this again..

UBRjk.jpg

Juventus0002.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
What a little dick.

The kid clearly didn't want it, take it back.

I think it's because ball boys were always asking for shirts and then its club policy not to give it to them for being annoying little cunts, so he was saying 'i'm not allowed it'
etc. etc.

Yeah, what Kyoufu said cocknose

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He didn't reject it cocknose. It's against rules to take player shirts after all the shirt begging that went on before.

I think it's because ball boys were always asking for shirts and then its club policy not to give it to them for being annoying little cunts, so he was saying 'i'm not allowed it'
etc. etc.

Both of you are right, Chievo confirmed it!

Hixx

etc. etc.

i was referring to Muntari as the little dick

it was a joke

i am disappointed in you

Wilbur

Banned
Daily Mailol saying Martinez is going to leave Wigan at the end of the season when his contract expires even if they stay up, and is regretting not going to Villa last year. Lerner, sack McLeish and get him in?

i was referring to Muntari as the little dick

it was a joke

i am disappointed in you

Muntari probably has a giant penis.

And Messi/Phantom/Yenrot BADGER WOODENLUNG he makes lovely avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom