• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

What the fuck is Dalglish on about in that interview?

He's such a twat it's unreal.

tumblr_lpj16fMBBk1qf55n8o1_400.gif

Kyoufu

Dzeko, as Gómez, need to be the starting striker like in 90% of the matches. They need to built up confidence and motivation. Obviously City isn't going to wait a couple of weeks or a month to see him start scoring like we did with Gómez.

He should join Juve (or Bayern :D)

Dzeko is probably another Ben Arfa. Needs to play a lot of games to find his feet and buy into the manager's play style.

I think Mancini isn't good enough to bring out the best in players like Dzeko anyway.

Nasri is a quality midfielder. He could walk into the first team in any side in the PL.
Would he though? I'm not sure I'd have him in United's. Sounds crazy I know but on the wing I don't think he's better than what we have and I've not seen him play CM ever.

He is good though, just needs to find a way to stay consistent.

WJD

Would he though? I'm not sure I'd have him in United's. Sounds crazy I know but on the wing I don't think he's better than what we have and I've not seen him play CM ever.

He is good though, just needs to find a way to stay consistent.

I've always considered him overrated to be honest. He had one 2-3 month purple patch last season and has shown flashes of above average-ness since then. I think he is being consistent right now and occasionally plays above himself.

elsk

Banned
Staying at Arsenal was the best decision for him, football-wise. Money-wise he picked the best decision (Manchester City), he's a good player and nothing more.

He's nothing extraordinary on the wing, and as CM I think he's very mediocre.

FuturusX

I remember the days when Newcastle fans were upset that Pardew had been appointed. Mikey Ashely was trying to dump the club and console gaming was fun. Good times.

Arnie

Even you've got agree the way he acted was completely uncalled for?

I think he's consistently (outside of the first few weeks) been shrewd with the media in regards to interviews, often to a point that can seem over the top. He just comes across like he's got no time for the media side of the game, and you can see that in the copy/paste style of responses he gives with regards to 'desire, commitment, integrity'.

He says he wants all the focus to be on the players after they put in a magnificent performance, but inevitably if you behave like that to a person who's just trying to ask questions you're going to draw some attention too.

I will say that, a bit like Suarez, because he's behaved questionably in the past with regards to interviews that everything he does is blown out of proportion. For example, in this interview he doesn't try to walk away, he goes to greet someone who he knows and then returns to the interview, and I don't think that's particularly out of order. He sees the interview as an obligation and a chore, and so he isn't going to miss out on saying 'hello' to an old friend because some guy's trying to get him to say things that will make good entertainment.

What irks me about his attitude towards the media is that if he was a bit more amicable towards them then there'd be less, shall we say 'directed' comments towards the club and his position within it, inevitably. This would benefit the team, especially when going through a rough patch.

It gives journalists ammunition and incentive to write negative things about the club when times are tough, which brings pressure on the players and the fans.

Lightning

Banned
Every time I follow the PL, 2 things happen:

1. Man United win the PL.
2. Newcastle get CL spot.
Good luck with that. Newcastle got some hard games coming up so if you make it you will definitely deserve it.

Still feel that Arsenal and Spurs are in the better positions mainly due to Newcastle needing to play man city and Chelsea at Stamford bridge.

Kyoufu

Good luck with that. Newcastle got some hard games coming up so if you make it you will definitely deserve it.

Still feel that Arsenal and Spurs are in the better positions mainly due to Newcastle needing to play man city and Chelsea at Stamford bridge.

I agree, but given the form we're in and the implosion of Spurs it's better for me to be optimistic than pessimistic.

Anything can happen.

Messi

Messi's chick is way too bad. He doesn't do shit, she does EVERYTHING you can just tell.

He is prob too tired after being so awesome. She would have to do it all. I would assume.

I wonder how pique is in bed, apparently not so good if shakira dumped him. Btw.

Wilbur

Banned
He is prob too tired after being so awesome. She would have to do it all. I would assume.

I wonder how pique is in bed, apparently not so good if shakira dumped him. Btw.

Selfish lover.

Xavi's all about the aesthetics; he dresses up, he uses mango body butter, he waxes. Busquets is efficient, relatively quick to finish and you won't go far wrong with him delivering balls. Valdes ensures there's more than one cunt in the room.

Messi

Selfish lover.

Xavi's all about the aesthetics; he dresses up, he uses mango body butter, he waxes. Busquets is efficient, relatively quick to finish and you won't go far wrong with him delivering balls. Valdes ensures there's more than one cunt in the room.

tumblr_lzjq6dNpUA1qe8s6wo1_500.gif

I laughed so hard at each one and lost it at valdes.

I guess their relationship reached its pique.

boom

You should be ashamed of yourself.

She dumped him after he suggested a 3 way with Ibra.

This is the only logical explanation.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

wait that's true? maybe the reason he started playing well again.

Dalglish seems quite unlikable from his interviews with his fake smile and attitude

He's got a bit of a grudge against some of the reporters he has to deal with, Burton in particular seems to attract some ire:

Jamie Carragher v Burton - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjvA3cYXR0U

KD joke at Sky / News International's expense about phone tapping - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8N6GdQT1rY#t=1m20s

KD jibe at Sky about lady referees in wake of Grey / Keys scandal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx--8dw0aho#t=8s

He's definitely a snarky character when he wants to be, but its all in defence of the club, so as a Liverpool fan I love it. It can be funny sometimes too.

This BSKYB lot are a heartbeat away from being a wholly owned part of the same News International that ran obnoxious coverage of the hillsborough disaster through the Sun -- and that was (sorry, still is) a big bone of contention on Merseyside, I'm not sure I feel too sorry for anyone there he makes life a little difficult for there.

Messi

wait that's true? maybe the reason he started playing well again.

I heard it a few weeks back and he played really well in that game (scored the week after) and has played well ever since. I just assumed that is why he was playing so well. Then there was the rumour that pep was not happy with pique as he was distracted (which I think you could see on the pitch, he was real bad for a while)

Might not even be true.

FootballFan

I think Messi is probably a tender lover.

I can see Dani Alvez going in hard though.

I reckon Puyol is so fucking loud and drenches himself in cups of his own sweat

The funniest thing about that game is Arsenal hadn't scored two goals at Old Traffold in over a decade. Even the Invisibles didn't manage that. Worse, Walcott got a goal o_0. Shameful performance by United to tell the truth.

Messi is a tender lover - great OT title. Let's see it happen!

I don't mind if he starts treating the BBC like he treats Sky

ibnB8Qo5IbNFOd.gif

:lol Great stuff in the last few pages.

Kyoufu has 632 posts in this thread.

Has anyone ever gotten to 1,000 in a single OT?

Didn't Fady have heaps in one thread ages ago? Or am I just lost atm.

edit
I have 1 post less than Messi. It's a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom