• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the first, 2nd is dodgy. No mata I will buy it anyway.

Tomorrow you say?
:lol

Chelsea twitter... said:
Chelsea's 2012/13 adidas kit is unveiled this Thursday. What do you think it will look like? Send us your efforts with #CFCkit, #CFC (SL)

Gold on shirts is synonymous with winning trophies, especially European ones.
Real Madrid have gold on their shirt this season. It's just how Adidas do.

Edit: and Munich.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jeff stop wearing dead people

19715197.jpg

dc89

City have been fined €30,000 for returning to the field of play late in the Europa League in March.

Remind me how much Porto were fined for their fans racially abusing players?

UEFA = JOKE.

Edit: beaten. By a long way.

Sealda

Banned
Anyone here actually remember how slow Davids was? Great Nike ad-technique but really slow.

One of the most overrated players ever. Look him up on Youtube, 95 % of the "compilation" videos contains no actual play videos.

Basically he was a great football star but kinda mediocre football player.

Wessiej

Oh this day will be crazy.

Watching today:

18:00 Marseille-Montpellier (watching now, awkward match)
19:00 Twente-AZ (important match for the Dutch title)
20:00 Dortmund - Bayern (oh my!!)
21:00 Heerenveen - Ajax (fucking nervous for this match for days)
23:00 Atletico - Real (second half)

elsk

Banned
Tim Wiese confirmed that he has already signed for a club that will permanently play for titles and is in a good financial situation.

Milan? Tottenham?

58/59 - Arjen Robben was directly involved in 59 goals (39 goals, 20 assists) in his 58 Bundesliga games. Threat.

Too many matches overlapping each other, want to watch united, arsenal, madrid, bayern and juve. Some matches will have to get the chop.

Dortmund vs. Bayern is like Real Madrid vs. Barcelona. I think that's the most important match today :)

Kyoufu

City have been fined €30,000 for returning to the field of play late in the Europa League in March.

Remind me how much Porto were fined for their fans racially abusing players?

UEFA = JOKE.

Edit: beaten. By a long way.

30,000 is a lot considering you don't even get fuck all for that competition :lol

Wessiej

Tim Wiese confirmed that he has already signed for a club that will permanently play for titles and is in a good financial situation.

Milan? Tottenham?

58/59 - Arjen Robben was directly involved in 59 goals (39 goals, 20 assists) in his 58 Bundesliga games. Threat.

Dortmund vs. Bayern is like Real Madrid vs. Barcelona. I think that's the most important match today :)

So bitter that I can't watch that match tonight. Ajax match is way more important, but my gawd Dortmund - Bayern will be awesome.

Carbonox

Dat Robben stat.

Love the guy.

Dunno who I want to win. I want Dortmund cos of my man crush on Gotze but I want Bayern to win cos of Robben. D:

Gambit

EEa66990.png

possible lineups.

I believe Kroos is gonna start instead of Schweinsteiger (Müller behind Gomez). But either is fine, as long as Gustavo plays. (our defence needs him)

Hopefully your Dortmund line-up is true, though. Bender on the bench suits me fine.

Juve-Lazio is going to be a great match.

I think they're going to be tough to beat, frankly, but they'll be without Hernanes (who played the game of his life against us last time) and Klose. We only have one former Juventino to worry about in Candreva and, well, I'm not too worried about him. I didn't rate him on Juve and I don't rate him against us.

Sky's predicting a 4-3-3 with Quagliarella, Vucinic, Pepe, but I'm thinking our best chance at a victory will be to play with 3-5-2, stretch Lazio's middle three with our wing backs, making room down the centre for our Vidal and Marchisio to run into, and give enough room for Pirlo to lob some balls over the top. Hoping Del Piero plays to exploit the space between the defence and midfield, but if not I can see Quagliarella and Matri doing well against Dias in particular. Marchetti is big so he's great in the air but he sucks at getting down for balls, so Vucinic might actually grab one if he plays.

Anyways, lots of armchair stuff. I'd like to hear what the lineup actually is to judge our chances.

Edit: Also, anyone feel like making me a Del Piero (Yurt's, not mine) in jacket in jacket avatar?

Blablurn

YOU ARE NOT GOING? Cray

haha, no no.... nobody gave me tickets.

everyone is talking about this game here in germany. EVERYONE. gonna watch it as usual with my dad who is also a big bayern supporter. his blood pressure is already a little higher again lol. omg... tension is rising.

Clegg

I'm expecting the United/Wigan game to be similar to the Blackburn game. We'll boss possession without being able to score. Wigan will then get one or two good chances to go ahead. Then United will get a goal in the 80th minute or some shit like that. I'm still a bit worried that United will slip up somewhere in this title race.

We still need to win tonight. I don't buy this whole "League is over" stuff.

thaOwner

I'm expecting the United/Wigan game to be similar to the Blackburn game. We'll boss possession without being able to score. Wigan will then get one or two good chances to go ahead. Then United will get a goal in the 80th minute or some shit like that. I'm still a bit worried that United will slip up somewhere in this title race.

We still need to win tonight. I don't buy this whole "League is over" stuff.

Exactly. It ain't till the fat lady actually starts singing. If by some miracle, City were lose tonight and we get a win against Wigan, then the title will be really ours to lose. As far as im concerned, we aren't over that finish line.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Basically he was a great football star but kinda mediocre football player.
Maybe it's nostalgia, but Davids will always be the ultimate pitbull in my
biased
eyes!
I think they're going to be tough to beat, frankly, but they'll be without Hernanes (who played the game of his life against us last time) and Klose. We only have one former Juventino to worry about in Candreva and, well, I'm not too worried about him. I didn't rate him on Juve and I don't rate him against us.

3 ex-Juve if you count Rocchi and Konko
chQlx.gif

Hmm, I'm not too worried about our formation as much as Conte's XI. If they park the bus and we waste another 45 minutes on the wrong players again, they might actually escape with a point (or more).

We BARELY won last time, it's always tough with this Lazio!

All hopes on 'Big Game Mirko'!
WoodenLung said:
original texas chainsaw massacra scared the shit out of me so badly as a kid :(
I was ridiculously brave as a kid. Horror was basically my favourite genre!

sneaky77

I am at work till 5 so I am taping Granada vs Bilbao and Atl Madrid vs R Madrid, I had set the Dortmund Munich game to tape too but I would never get around to watching it without learning the score first

thaOwner

With the amount of games scheduled for today, Ill be shocked if this thread doesn't hit 300 pages after the games.

Good luck to Juve @Yurt , hope you guys win. Would be nice if you guys managed to win the league commemorate your new stadium as well. And lets see if the famous three in Italy can actually do something tonight and end their bad run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom