• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Mark Ogden ‏ @MOgdenTelegraph Close
RT @ianirv: Me; "Kenny, what hopes have you got for Raheem Sterling?" Kenny; "My hope is you'll have a bit of common sense." #LFC

Why is he such an arsehole towards journalists and the like?

Wilbur

Banned
RT @ianirv: Me; "Kenny, what hopes have you got for Raheem Sterling?" Kenny; "My hope is you'll have a bit of common sense." #LFC

Because he's an arsehole.

Rachel nipples mmmmmmmm

Carbonox

He's bitter cos there's nothing positive to say about the fool in the press. When you're getting less plaudits than Alan Pardew, even I'd be a moody shit.

Love Friends, I don't really find it that funny but the characters are so lovable that it's difficult to not like it.

Oh and Monica....HNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Its interesting because I love the show, but don't actually like any of the characters in the show. It's a weird feeling to still enjoy it.

Rachel was my fav gal primarily cos she never wore bras. It takes a brave girl to do so.

What annoys me more about this stupid new board tab setup is that when I make a post, I then want to click on the Community tab at the bottom but it takes me to Gaming Community. That means I have to scroll back up to go to OT Community. SORT IT OUT.

Good point, I'll revise my original statement... Early Monica and Rachel HNNNGGGGG.

Edit: Wow at Kenny. The man is pathetic.

Wilbur

Banned
Milan had to play on the same pitch, Barca are just being privileged tools. Just fucking get on with it, since when is a draw at the San Siro a bad result?

bjaelke

Why are there now 2 community threads.

This situation has gotten a bit out of hand at this stage.

I still don't know what was wrong with our sticky in Off Topic.

We became too powerful with our satirical thread titles.

These new buttons appear to be somewhat unfinished and just ending very abruptly:

And Friends is a terrible show btw.

Messi

It looked like a carpet compared to when Arsenal played there.

Yeah, WTF happened the pitch before the Arsenal game? It was terrible.

Edit: I had a much bigger problem with the ref having a clear view of Puyol's shirt being pulled way back and did not give a penalty.

sohois

He's bitter cos there's nothing positive to say about the fool in the press. When you're getting less plaudits than Alan Pardew, even I'd be a moody shit.

He's been like that since his return, he just seems to hate journalists.

It made sense when he was dealing with the idiots that Sky would send to interview him since most of the time their banal questions deserved such responses, but now he's just set into that mode permanently.

Slizz

We became too powerful with our satirical thread titles.

These new buttons appear to be somewhat unfinished and just ending very abruptly:

And Friends is a terrible show btw.

You know that saying if it ain't broke don't fix it? I think that applies to the changes in GAF.

You know that saying if it ain't broke don't fix it? I think that applies to the changes in GAF.

This is why I want more transparency in the decisions they make, including bannings and such. This is pretty much being spoken about in most of the community threads, and its because no one understands why they are doing it? I can make some assumptions, but my guess is as good as anyone elses. I understand that they have no requirement to tell us what's going on, but if we don't understand then we are just going to discuss and bitch until it goes away, or something else changes.

Ultimately, we're getting the same treatment as Facebook does. Everyone complains about the 'new' Facebook, until it gets forgotten.

Messi

This is why I want more transparency in the decisions they make, including bannings and such. This is pretty much being spoken about in most of the community threads, and its because no one understands why they are doing it? I can make some assumptions, but my guess is as good as anyone elses. I understand that they have no requirement to tell us what's going on, but if we don't understand then we are just going to discuss and bitch until it goes away, or something else changes.

Ultimately, we're getting the same treatment as Facebook does. Everyone complains about the 'new' Facebook, until it gets forgotten.

All I want is our sticky back in offtopic, I could see if there were new posts to read/ see all the offtopic news. Now I need to go to community to see you guys and I feel less inclined to do so. :(

Hixx

It definitely feels like change for the sake of change.

Complaining about the communities being insular... 'hmm, we know, we'll put them out of the way and make them even more insular!'

Slizz

Dude still man, that doesn't always help. Breaking news is always posted in the OT and subscriptions aren't gonna help that.

On top of that even though I'm subscribed to some threads sometimes its not relevant to post in them until it makes its way back to the front 2 pages of the OT. Just because some one posted something new in the Community(tv show) thread since the last time I viewed it might not be timely for me to bump it just for a response to the last post.

I still don't understand the reasoning why the sports threads were moved. Evilore felt that these communities were too closed off? But that doesn't makes sense, not like I'm only posting in this thread.... most of the threads I post in are "community" threads, tv-shows, movies, music, comics and then the non community threads I frequent are the breaking news/humorous stories threads..... Off topic shit..

bjaelke

I know it's not the same. It just keeps him away from ever pressing the community tab.

You should just have a second tab with this thread open at all times and Neogaf Live Thread running on a 60 second interval.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
San Siro was always a potato field. Building a third tier in the 80s + massive pillars = No sun.
sgpGi.jpg
Jewish Friends

I love it!
UNglc.gif
UNglc.gif

Rather than a sticky section every user should just have some of their subscriptions at the top. Get rid of auto subbing and problem solved. User picks 5 of there subs to be at the top of the page while all the rest sit in his/her subsciption folder.

That's what I'd do anyway.

sneaky77

Milan had to play on the same pitch, Barca are just being privileged tools. Just fucking get on with it, since when is a draw at the San Siro a bad result?

From what I read, Barcelona are complaining because AC Milan said they would fix the field and wet it before game time and they did neither.. let's be honest though, the field was terrible and it was left that way because it gave an advantage to Milan. A team with the standing of Milan should have a decent pitch.

From what I read, Barcelona are complaining because AC Milan said they would fix the field and wet it before game time and they did neither.. let's be honest though, the field was terrible and it was left that way because it gave an advantage to Milan. A team with the standing of Milan should have a decent pitch.

I'd personally argue that it is home field advantage. Unless there are rules that explicitly lay out the quality the pitch must be in. I remember maybe 5-6 years ago, during a College (Am.) Football match, the home team let the grass grow longer than usual to slow down the fast as fuck visiting team to gain an advantage. I don't see this as any more unfair than the idea that you can vary the width of the pitch to narrow a wide-minded attacking team or vice versa.

Also, I'm not saying that there was any class in how Milan handled it, but I still think it is within their right to tend to their pitch in a way to benefit themselves more than the opposition.

sneaky77

I'd personally argue that it is home field advantage. Unless there are rules that explicitly lay out the quality the pitch must be in. I remember maybe 5-6 years ago, during a College (Am.) Football match, the home team let the grass grow longer than usual to slow down the fast as fuck visiting team to gain an advantage. I don't see this as any more unfair than the idea that you can vary the width of the pitch to narrow a wide-minded attacking team or vice versa.

Also, I'm not saying that there was any class in how Milan handled it, but I still think it is within their right to tend to their pitch in a way to benefit themselves more than the opposition.

Well I am not getting into if Barca should complain or not I was just clarifying some aspects like Milan directive saying they would fix it, that field was coming up a lot every play and that's fairly dangerous to player is not like anything is going to happen to Milan

Aucool

Oh c'mon, every time Barcelona lose they cry like babies. It's something like 20 years that San Siro's pitch is in horrible conditions but it's the first time that I read a team complain in this way.

keit4

Banned
The pitch in the Milan-Barça match was terrible. I understand his complaints. Is so sad that the only way to defeat (or at least don't be defeated) by Barça is to flood your pitch... Hope they get crushed in the Camp Nou.

Aucool

You're defending the most unsportmen-like team ever. I'm the only one that still remembers their behaviour during (but also before and after) the semifinal Barca-Inter in 2010?

Wilbur

Banned
The pitch in the Milan-Barça match was terrible. I understand his complaints. Is so sad that the only way to defeat (or at least don't be defeated) by Barça is to flood your pitch... Hope they get crushed in the Camp Nou.

Is this how Osasuna beat Barca?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Both teams play on the same pitch, if you don't have a plan 'B', that's your problem.

Exactly. In the PL Stoke have a small, shitty pitch that visiting sides hate but the home team has to play on it too. Barca just look like whiners with this complaint. Would they be complaining if they had won?

I hope for football sake Barca win at the Nou Camp, this tie gives me the same feeling the Inter match did, Italian team defending with 10 men hoping to get a result by scoring a goal from a quick counter or set piece. Only one team playing attacking football, I hate defense minded teams.

Aucool

A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION
With reference to the protest lodged by FC Barcelona regarding the condition of the pitch at the San Siro, A.C. Milan wishes to communicate that:

1)The watering of the pitch within an hour before kick-off, as agreed n the organizational meeting yesterday morning was not done due to the already high levels of humidity of the pitch.

2)The general state of the pitch, which the Barcelona team trained on the previous evening without any problems, was declared to be acceptable by the referees and the UEFA delegates.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/breaking_news

Barca are simply ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom