• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

How sick I am of this complaint. Özil, Khedira Boateng etc. are all BORN in Germany. The only one that was handed a passport is Cacau and that was done long before he was ever considered for the national team.

It's simply that Germany as a country has changed. Not everyone is now called Müller, Maier and Schmidt. I, for one, am glad we are getting a bit more diverse.

If anything countries like Turkey are poaching German players, or at least players that played for all the German youth teams and learned their trade in Germany. (Ekici, Sahin)

But never mind, keep repeating what the press is saying.

olPAk.jpg

You need to lighten up. The two situations are obviously nothing alike.

Also, Jannik Vestergaard.

Kozak

Banned
How sick I am of this complaint. Özil, Khedira Boateng etc. are all BORN in Germany. The only one that was handed a passport is Cacau and that was done long before he was ever considered for the national team.

It's simply that Germany as a country has changed. Not everyone is now called Müller, Maier and Schmidt. I, for one, am glad we are getting a bit more diverse.

If anything countries like Turkey are poaching German players, or at least players that played for all the German youth teams and learned their trade in Germany. (Ekici, Sahin)

But never mind, keep repeating what the press is saying.

Woah, Sahin played in all of our youth teams and Ekici chose us because he was 21 and had not yet been recognized. German national team is pretty hard to crack, if you don't get in early its unlikely you'll ever get in so his choice was the right choice.

If you haven't noticed, we don't exactly get the best crop of the Turkish/German players. Sahin was an exception.

pappe

This feels sooo weird. Its like we, the sane ones, are thrown into a loony bin full of crazy 30 yr old men who worship Colorful Ponies.

Gambit

Woah, Sahin played in all of our youth teams and Ekici chose us because he was 21 and had not yet been recognized. German national team is pretty hard to crack, if you don't get in early its unlikely you'll ever get in so his choice was the right choice.

If you haven't noticed, we don't exactly get the best crop of the Turkish/German players. Sahin was an exception.

I agree that Ekici made the right choice. In fact, I am surprised Gündogan didn't follow suit. Clearly I remembered Sahin's situation wrong. I was sure he was also among those that played for the German youth team.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to portray Turkey as the bad guy. Just wanting to illustrate that Germany didn't steal Özil as so many keep saying.

In any case, I clearly overreacted.

Kozak

Banned
I agree that Ekici made the right choice. In fact, I am surprised Gündogan didn't follow suit. Clearly I remembered Sahin's situation wrong. I was sure he was also among those that played for the German youth team.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to portray Turkey as the bad guy. Just wanting to illustrate that Germany didn't steal Özil as so many keep saying.

In any case, I clearly overreacted.

No worries, its a pretty sensitive subject for me too and I imagine for a lot of other Turkish and Germany people. Less said about that topic the better.

We can fight about it when Turkey and Germany meet in an important stage of a tournament :p

FootballFan

No worries, its a pretty sensitive subject for me too and I imagine for a lot of other Turkish and Germany people. Less said about that topic the better.

We can fight about it when Turkey and Germany meet in an important stage of a tournament :p

Germany winning 2-0, goals from Khedira and Ozil who kiss the German badge in celebration? :p We wouldn't hear the end of it, it's a very tired and repetitive subject. Ibrahimovic this, ozil that, cacau that, deco etc

Hixx

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE GOT RELEGA -

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WE GOT PROMOTED

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANCHORMAN 2

Anchorman 2 will be terrible. It was one of those one off films that will be far too hard to match never mind be better than.

Where the fuck are we? I can only see us in subscribed threads

Top of the OT, we're in a sub-forum now. Though if you are using the mobile app apparently they cannot see the sub-forums.

Wilbur

Banned
Anchorman 2 will be terrible. It was one of those one off films that will be far too hard to match never mind be better than.

Top of the OT, we're in a sub-forum now. Though if you are using the mobile app apparently they cannot see the sub-forums.

I have hope. It won't be as good as the first but I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyway with the old gang back.

GorillaJu

I guess it would be right up your alley, as Brits. The comedy is about as stale as your food - would fit right in if you threw in Ricky Gervais and some English accents.

The decision to introduce the goal-line officials looks to be an embarrassingly bad one. The original complaint was that they would only be placed on one side of the goal but I've lost count of the amount of incidents right in front of them where they have missed.

Despite that, I can actually understand why FIFA have been reluctant with introducing cameras into the decision making. I think the controversy of refereeing mistakes stokes up passion on the terraces and generates rivalry; it adds emotion.

Wilbur

Banned
Meh, I know people who hate Anchorman. I just make it my mission never to speak to them again
because they will be in my freezer

Love you odd morsel

Wilbur

Banned
I agree about Ferrell, I like Anchorman, Elf, Stranger Than Fiction and Step Brothers, but there's just something about Anchorman.

Meh, taste is taste. I have the good stuff.

Europa League tonight! Some good matches, can't see Bilbao beating Schalke for some reason.

I agree about Ferrell, I like Anchorman, Elf, Stranger Than Fiction and Step Brothers, but there's just something about Anchorman.

Meh, taste is taste. I have the good stuff.

Europa League tonight! Some good matches, can't see Bilbao beating Schalke for some reason.

Have you seen Kicking and Screaming? I love that movie. And the four you listed are all amazing. Especially Stranger Than Fiction. He impressed me so much in that. I also want to see his new one Cada de mi Padre?

Wilbur

Banned
Have you seen Kicking and Screaming? I love that movie. And the four you listed are all amazing. Especially Stranger Than Fiction. He impressed me so much in that. I also want to see his new one Cada de mi Padre?

Kicking and Screaming was olay. Can't say I like it like it, but it's passable. And he's fantastic in Stranger Than Fiction. Don't like Semi Pro, Blades Of Glory, all the things like that. It's lazy.

I can't see the sports sub forum thing either

Stranger than fiction was great, probably the only movie I really liked with him in.

But we have to hope. Schalke getting their ass handed to them would be great.

GorillaJu

Sometimes my mouse hovers over the My Little Pony thread or the KPop thread while it finds the football thread in this new hellhole. Now I have to wash my mouse. :(

Threads dead baby

Threads dead.

We are getting a tab so... No! Much better than the solution before of having it in the community subforum together with the gaming shit.

Sometimes my mouse hovers over the My Little Pony thread or the KPop thread while it finds the football thread in this new hellhole. Now I have to wash my mouse. :(

People were posting creepy my little pony stuff in the pics that makes you laugh thread and someone suggested googling "clopclop". A lot more than my mouse had to be washed after that, no matter how much I wash myself the memories are still there.

Slizz

We are getting a tab so... No! Much better than the solution before of having it in the community subforum together with the gaming shit.

Yeah? 4 tabs? Because this is pretty annoying. I'd have to say a worse setup than us being in Community....

Good thing there aren't any great games today.... I think I'll watch AZ vs. Valencia though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom