• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Pfffffft. This remark actuates an uncontrollable logical slide into situations where you forego your right to call Ashley Young a cunt.

I don't think I can recall a time when I've ever called a player a cunt. I don't really care about Ashley Young. Berbatov's dive was much worse as it sent us out of the FA cup last year.

And sure Suarez is a dick, or a cunt or whatever. That doesn't mean that he made the wrong decision.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Lucas looks epic with his long hair

lucas-leiva-1.jpg

Speaking of epic long haired dudes, everyone must buy The Witcher 2! No excuses now!

Just discovered my CAM (#10) in FIFA career mode is a former BVB youth product. Tyrała.

Btw, Leitner is former 1860 Munich?!
Of course, so are both of the Bender twins & all of them are programmed to hate your Bayern guts :D

3wJca.jpg

REVIERDERBY Mofos!

Huge history behind this..
Here is a recap of some old games from Schalke's perspective:
Das Revierderby [1/2]
Das Revierderby [2/2]

Here's a documentary on the derby during the most heated times around the 80ies:
...die sind eben so - Teil 1
...die sind eben so - Teil 2
It focuses on racist/Nazi ultra groups. Yup, both clubs had openly racist fans groups back then. It wasn't much different in England though. Still happens in a lot of leagues too..

Jens Lehmann's header goal vs. us..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU5OjjiZvqc&t=33s

The most recent and memorable game:

2006/2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKVBwaFRK2w

Two games before the end of the season they were on top of the league:
hE2LJ.png

...until we beat their ass at home (first time since 1998)
t7lUN.png

..and basically prevented them from becoming the German champions:
d0qeI.png

..which would be their first championship since.......1958. Hence one of our taunts: Ein Leben lang keine Schale in der Hand (a whole life no championship trophy in your hands). We even chartered a plane to make sure they got the message ;O

KugKZ.jpg

During 2000-10, they were runner-ups for 4 times. In 2000/2001 they missed the championship by some 4 minutes...
Here's a recap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5uAmSQ57Ek
With the title seemingly slipping away from Schalke 04 once again, bundesliga.de recalls a dramatic battle at distance with Bayern.

So yeah and in some 4 hours they'll try to mess up our championship too :O

Zabojnik

Allegri: "Muntari's ghost goal is weighing in a devastating manner"

Kill me now.

12040607145256804.jpg

There's a clear media strategy behing it, Yurt. He says it, Berlusconi's media outlets echo it ad nauseam, everybody starts believing it. Fortunately, there's Conte. Still, if I were him, I'd start repeating the same thing over and over again, replacing 'Muntari' with 'Matri'. Or maybe "Pepe's not convalidated goal against Genoa is weighing in a devastating manner."

GorillaJu

Almost hard to watch these highlights with Ian Rush and John Barnes. If I were Wilbury, I might say there's not a man alive who's dick I wouldn't suck to have two players like those back in the team.

Sterling will be > Barnes

Salazar

“For me, he is the most iconic figure in British football,” said Carragher. “You have great players and great managers and he is in both camps. Stein, Busby, Ferguson, Paisley, Shankly, Clough, Dalglish - they’re all the great managers. And he is in with all the great players as well. No one else is in both camps.

tumblr_m26hl87akl1qdgdvrpc.gif

Genuinely fucking dying rn.

bjaelke

Someone at Wembley brought a "Holy Comolli we're down to one goalie" banner :lol

Gulasci is better than Jones, IMO. Gulacsi is actually an excellent keeper - if he doesn't leave us for more game time, he'll be the next after Reina to wear the shirt.
I've only seen him play in one U21 game for his national team.

edit

Subs: Gulacsi, Enrique, Maxi, Kuyt, Shelvey, Kelly, Bellamy.

elseanio

Pienaar cuptied?

Worried about the damage Baines will do from the left

Subs: Gulacsi, Enrique, Maxi, Kuyt, Shelvey, Kelly, Bellamy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Very random but he sat behind me not long ago in a restaurant in Formby, was talking on his phone to someone and heard him mention Fellaini, went outside and there was a Bentley parked next to my car, I assume it was his :)

Was is it this one?

article-1327066774420-0F72009200000578-32978_636x300.jpg

He licked every inch of Kenny in that interview.

Least Kenny could do in return is prolong an embarrassingly dwindling career for another big game.

I'm starting to envy the way you treated Neville. As soon as Neville wasn't any longer better than Rafael, he was on the bench. As soon as he wasn't good enough for the bench, he realised it himself and retired. Meanwhile we make excuse after excuse for Carragher to start. I hope he has a stormer today obviously, but I honeslty cannot believe that Enrique misses out on a Cup semi-final at the end of a decent season (one of the few) so that Carragher can get one last day in the sun (or two if we make the final, which tbh is less likely with Carragher starting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom