• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

I think I want Hazard. Behind Rooney in a 4-2-3-1 I think he'd be perfect for us. It'd be such a dangerous, fluid and pacy front four with Nani/Valencia either side.

Most certainly just a dream and he'll likely go where the money is but it's nice to want things.

Wilbur

Banned
I think in Europe we need to return to one up top, whether that means that being Rooney or just behind someone. Next year Carrick, Cleverley and New Signing need to be the middle three

Also that RvP stuff haha what the fuck! That looks suspicious

Yen

I think I want Hazard. Behind Rooney in a 4-2-3-1 I think he'd be perfect for us. It'd be such a dangerous, fluid and pacy front four with Nani/Valencia either side.

Most certainly just a dream and he'll likely go where the money is but it's nice to want things.
Doesn't Young get £130k per week?

Arnie

That's clearly the same person so the only thing I can think of is that they've misinterpreted who exactly the guy is. If he is part of the City executive team then I can't imagine they're just having an amicable meal.

That's clearly the same person so the only thing I can think of is that they've misinterpreted who exactly the guy is. If he is part of the City executive team then I can't imagine they're just having an amicable meal.
Perhaps but...City box on a Sunday, dinner with RVP a few days later...that shits dodgy.

Don't want Hazard. Won't say no though. If we're paying £120k a week to Ashley Young i'll cut myself. But even so, it's not a massive wage anymore, sounds like £150k is the average for top players now. Obv. Ashley Young isn't a top player so that's irrelevant.

I think in Europe we need to return to one up top, whether that means that being Rooney or just behind someone. Next year Carrick, Cleverley and New Signing need to be the middle three

Also that RvP stuff haha what the fuck! That looks suspicious

I see many fans point to wanting the 4-3-3 back, but apart from that period last season when Roon was dominating as our main centre forward and having someone as consistently mobile as Fletcher in midfield, I've rarely seen us properly click in 4-3-3.

However, I understand we fucked up big in Europe this year so I do understand the need for more caution in Europe.

I see many fans point to wanting the 4-3-3 back, but apart from that period last season when Roon was dominating as our main centre forward and having someone as consistently mobile as Fletcher in midfield, I've rarely seen us properly click in 4-3-3.

However, I understand we fucked up big in Europe this year so I do understand the need for more caution in Europe.
I hate 4-3-3. The only reason 4-3-3 every worked for us was because Ronaldo and Tevez are beasts so when you have players of that quality alongside Rooney you're just bound to produce quality.

We do need to have the option of playing 4-3-3 however and we cannot because we don't have a CM with any real star quality which means we become slow and static in the middle of the park.

I hate 4-3-3. The only reason 4-3-3 every worked for us was because Ronaldo and Tevez are beasts so when you have players of that quality alongside Rooney you're just bound to produce quality.

We do need to have the option of playing 4-3-3 however and we cannot because we don't have a CM with any real star quality which means we become slow and static in the middle of the park.

Totally agree. The lack of midfield support means our play becomes segmented, especially between the midfielders and attackers. We just end up isolated and the tempo grinds to a halt. It's both painful and predictable to watch.

Clegg

We changed our formation in Europe this season.

Thats what I can't understand. We got to 3 CL finals in 5 seasons and we decide to change the formation.

That wasn't the only problem of course. The players weren't playing particularly well either.

I dislike Ashley Young but he was one of our better players in the CL campaign.

Slizz

We changed our formation in Europe this season.

Thats what I can't understand. We got to 3 CL finals in 5 seasons and we decide to change the formation.

That wasn't the only problem of course. The players weren't playing particularly well either.

Our European run went stride for stride with pretty much a blanket of poor form for our whole squad... Park I feel was like our best European player lol.

Scum

Has Van Persie been discussing his move to Man City tonight?

BTW, I don't think the two look that similar...but they do kinda...

Update - The man on the left is apparently part of RVP's management/agent staff.

Perhaps but...City box on a Sunday, dinner with RVP a few days later...that shits dodgy.

Don't want Hazard. Won't say no though. If we're paying £120k a week to Ashley Young i'll cut myself. But even so, it's not a massive wage anymore, sounds like £150k is the average for top players now. Obv. Ashley Young isn't a top player so that's irrelevant.

What the bloody hell?! :O

rififi

If RVP is going to leave Arsenal, why would it be to City? because he misses his former teammates? City have plenty of strikers anyways, albeit, half of them are assholes.

Scum

I've always thought Van Persie will leave the Asenal & the EPL for Spain to play for R. Madrid as he'd fit in really well over there. I was also expecting Man City to throw bids at Arsenal to "test their resolve", but if he's off to Man City in this way, then God damn!

Fry

I think Breaking Bad is the best thing I've ever seen on TV... It's not my all time favorite (24, Lost and Friends are up there), but it's definitely the one with the most quality.

I need to watch The Wire. :<

If Liverpool win I'll be very happy tbh. We'll be virtually guaranteed a Europa spot given our 12 point lead over 7th place. Lets hug :D

Yeah this is very true. Every cloud and all that...

kN3Up.gif

Clegg

I like ESPN because they show Bundesliga and Serie A games.

They also have swank player graphics that they use before the game.

sohois

Fucking Reading getting promoted as soon as I leave, got to the playoffs every year I was there and never managed to get promoted until now.

Bet when I return in a few years they'll manage to get themselves relegated the season before, the cunts.

Also Im glad the Semi Final is on at a reasonable time, I hate having to get up at 3am, plus its nice to have something to look forward to today other than a trip to the hospital.

Fintan

The Wire is by a good distance the best TV drama I've seen. It's been a few years since I've watched it. I need to get on that.

The biggest gap in my television viewing is The Sopranos. Not really sure why I haven't watched it yet.

Also I watched one episode of the most recent season of Dexter and gave up.

Also I'm going to see the Avengers tomorrow!

On topic though, why is the Liverpool/Everton FA Cup match on so early?

The Wire is by a good distance the best TV drama I've seen. It's been a few years since I've watched it. I need to get on that.

The biggest gap in my television viewing is The Sopranos. Not really sure why I haven't watched it yet.

Also I watched one episode of the most recent season of Dexter and gave up.

Also I'm going to see the Avengers tomorrow!

On topic though, why is the Liverpool/Everton FA Cup match on so early?

The sole reason is to piss off Mersyside.

Carbonox

Poor Spearing. :lol

If Liverpool don't win tomorrow, Kenny has to go. Not helping his former team (as in Newcastle) after fucking us up all those years ago would be the LAST STRAW!

Meier

also most places you don't need to pay the extra $30 for parking like nfl games around here in charlotte anyway lol
It is like $70-$100 to park at a Cowboys game. No joke. We looked into going to their game against the Fins on Thanksgiving last year since my fiancée is a big fan but the parking alone kept us from making the drive. Would have already cost about $200 for the tickets as is. Absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom