• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Defend Young?

He beat 2 players with some great skill, and there was contact. He's the size of a 13 year old girl, and he went down easily.

Still a good player though, and a great singing.

bud

The difference with Suarez is that he gets the contact and then goes down.

Young looks for the contact and dives before it even happens. He prepared his move in advance.

please stop. holy crap, dude.

suarez is one of the worst divers in europe. he's even worse than young.

The difference with Suarez is that he gets the contact and then goes down.

Young looks for the contact and dives before it even happens. He prepared his move in advance.

Ryan Taylor has it right on twitter:
I don't really agree with that because I feel like Im sure I've seen Suarez do what Young did there.

Anyway, I really don't think it makes much difference.

Also, and it's such a tired debate, but people don't like Suarez for reasons beyon his diving.

Anyway not gonna comment on this any further.

PowderedToast

villa aren't playing bad football, but i fear any small chance they had at taking this has gone with that penalty. utd will very likely score again through normal play.

Wilbur

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me. The FA don't like people telling the truth.

What a joke Young is. Not fit to wear the United shirt. Surely United fans are embarrassed by his shit.

Tom Daley is fucked now. Young is going to dive for Team GB at the Olympics.

Yeah I'm very embarrassed. But everyone's acting like we don't call it out

Suppose I can turn this off and watching something else now. This will probably remain a one tempo game where its Man U grinding out chances for Welbeck to waste for 80 mins. Giggs will come and score.

Stubo

We all know Suarez is a cunt, and we all know that he dives. It's just funny how vocal Man Utd fans are about it, and then Young dives.

I hate it when anyone dives, doesn't matter if he is a Liverpool player. In fact, a Liverpool player diving pisses me off more than when any other player does it.
I don't think any fan likes seeing one of their club's players diving, it's a cheap way to win and it takes the shine off any result, regardless of how comprehensive it may or may not turn out to be. This is why you'll see so many of us being frustrated at Young as long as he continues to play in this manner.

Perhaps united fans have more issue with Suarez than most players due to his...disagreeable behaviour towards Evra, but I'm more than willing to call out any player when they dive, even Bale wasn't immune to this recently, despite my huge admiration for his talents. Notice that no united fans compared Young to Suarez just now, we're not looking for this.

Arnie

please stop. holy crap, dude.

suarez is one of the worst divers in europe. he's even worse than young.

At diving? No he isn't.

Suppose I can turn this off and watching something else now. This will probably remain a one tempo game where its Man U grinding out chances for Welbeck to waste for 80 mins. Giggs will come and score.
Turn it off, the game's locked up.

Bumhead

Banned
To be honest I don't know how the players themselves cope with it.

If he's going to go down anyway, you might as well go through his knee caps and make sure he goes down properly.

TeegsD

My hate for Man United is growing further. Have to cheat your way to the title.

ibdHPuyNwJhyWF.gif

What the hell is going on.....in your brain?

Do you think its fair for teams to lose points because their opponent is free to cheat without fear of retribution, and regularly exploits that fact?

The lack of retrospective punishment for diving makes me think that our sport deserves the ridicule it recieves from fans of other sports. Its a fucking joke

Arnie

Must be infuriating for United fans too. You're dominating this game, and if you keep this pressure up you'll no doubt win by a few goals, but now the discourse will centre around Young's despicable behaviour.

is it me or is rooney's newly transplanted hair thinning out?
I think it looks pretty good still. Well, compared to what it was last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom