• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunic

Thank you Welbeck! I am feeling more comfortable now, but lets not come out flat. We should be able to put in 1 or 2 more.

dc89

⌘ + W

Screw you Jeff.

untitled-13cjli.gif

Going to see Cabin in the Woods tonight. Think we're grabbing a Frankie and Bennies before hand too. Should be sweet. I'll have to stick the second half of the FA Cup on record though.

Same here. Cmd+W.

Thank fuck for that Danny

Delph? He was good at Leeds

Well we sent him back to Leeds on loan this season. I like the idea of Clark developing into a cdm. But I don't think it matters as long as McLeish is in charge. If we get relegated I wonder if he keeps his job. I bet yes.

Also, Im thrilled that I'm going to be missing the first legs next week while I'm on vacation in the Caribbean. :(

There's previous between Ryan Taylor and Ashley Young:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...-at-england-star-ashley-young-72703-28498413/

RYAN TAYLOR has accused Ashley Young of “conning” referee Stuart Attwell for the foul which led to Aston Villa’s winner yesterday.

The England international went down heavily after a challenge from Joey Barton, and from the free-kick James Collins glanced the ball past Steve Harper.

Captain for the day Barton was furious with the decision from Attwell, and made his thoughts clear to Young too as the player rolled around on the floor.

Taylor – making his comeback after a three-game suspension – sided with Barton afterwards, and told the Chronicle: “They got a goal through what, basically, wasn’t a foul. Ashley Young cons the ref a good few times every game.

“He fell for it, and we paid the price.

“It was disappointing to come away with a defeat.

“We created some good chances before they got the goal.

“It never went our way.”

Taylor had Villa rocking when he sent over a stoppage-time free-kick, and he felt that United would have deserved a draw had the effort dipped under the bar.

He said: “There wasn’t a great deal in it. It wasn’t the best game you’ll see, but at the end they’ve taken away three points.

“We’ll crack on and keep working hard before we play Man United, and hopefully the home form will stay good.”

Taylor is hopeful Shola Ameobi will be back for the clash with the Red Devils, and said: “Shola would have been a big presence for us.

“We probably needed him on a day like this to rough up a few defenders – especially Richard Dunne and James Collins.

“They’re two centre-halves who like a good physical battle.

“The inexperience of Nile showed, and it would have been nice if Shola had been part of that team. Hopefully he’s not too bad, and recovers pretty quickly. We need him throughout the season.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...ar-ashley-young-72703-28498413/#ixzz1s7njUDU5

GorillaJu

FAO United fans defending the dive.

Yes there was contact but Young created the contact himself. It really was a brilliant dive and I don't blame the referee at all really, a really tough call to make and the blame is 100% on Young.

It was the same thing we've seen so many times this season, "buying a penalty." It's not really a dive, but like you say the contact wasn't there until Young created it. He's searching for a leg to trip over more than a path to run through and it's unfortunate.

It's a clever technique and it'll continue until the FA grows some balls and does something about it.

dc89

Sky don't half kiss Scholes' ass. Commentator is jizzing himself even over short, simple passes.

I can't wait for them to all fuck off. Giggs, Scholes & Fergie. Then it may stop. Great players and a great manager, no one can doubt that. But the media arse kissing it just too much.

LegoArmo

It was the same thing we've seen so many times this season, "buying a penalty." It's not really a dive, but like you say the contact wasn't there until Young created it. He's searching for a leg to trip over more than a path to run through and it's unfortunate.

It's a clever technique and it'll continue until the FA grows some balls and does something about it.

It would be really hard to prove something like that though, and ban it. It's the ones where there's no contact at all that they should do something about, I think.

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa have yet to string together five successful passes that aren't backwards.

McLeish's post match interview:

"It's always tough coming to a place like Old Trafford..... We have some key players absent..... On another day we have a penalty go our way....."

Same old crap. It's now 7 wins in 34 games I think.

Manager

Adam Johnson has great technique, deserves a team that will use him more often.

He does deserve mid-table football, yes. He's not good enough for top-4, unless he change his mindset. He's perfect putting on in the 80th minute, but he's not prepared to play football for 90, let alone 45. He's ONLY effective when coming on as late sub, when everyone is tired.

Wilbur

Banned
Sky don't half kiss Scholes' ass. Commentator is jizzing himself even over short, simple passes.

It's like watching Barca

Genuinely. I watch with the sound off when watching them, it's fucking embarrassing. I can see the cum dripping out my telly's speakers

Kyoufu

It's like watching Barca

Genuinely. I watch with the sound off when watching them, it's fucking embarrassing. I can see the cum dripping out my telly's speakers

I swallow Hudson's cum during Barca games.

Fully warranted though.

Man United this season... not so much.

sneaky77

I swallow Hudson's cum during Barca games.

Fully warranted though.

Man United this season... not so much.

Roy Hudson is a god amongs boys in commentators.. and he cums in every match no matter who plays.. have you ever heard him praising avatar eyes? lol

K1LLER7

scholes running the match, hope he plays against Everton and City, we look/play poor when he doesn't play.

El clasico next week.

GorillaJu

It's like watching Barca

At least La Liga isn't Sky's main billing. It's a secondary affair, and the audience that tunes into it wants to hear about how beautiful and technical it is. Just part of the appeal.

Anyway I'm not even watching this abortion after Rooney's pen so I have no comment on the commentating.

Arnie

Dwight Yorke doing his best Jamie Redknapp. Fuck off and give us Neville, I'm sure he'd give Young the crucifixión he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom