• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone decipher that half time analysis by Sky? Wtf does "modern game" mean? I don't think it was a penalty. The contact is arguably made by Young on Clark, it looked like he stood on his foot

dc89

Someone influential at United needs to come out and say "we've had a word with him". It's the only way he will stop. Because there are no penalties if you dive, if you cheat.

Keep Diving & Carry On.

Seeing it again yep its a dive, the same as Dzeko and Johnson earlier this season and something Gerrard has mastered I hate it, Hoilett often does it and it's just embarrassing really

Punishments should be increased for it

Feorax

Adam Johnson has great technique, deserves a team that will use him more often.

Despite my distain for our buy British policy, Adam Johnson is a player I would happily make an exception for. Fantastic player for an area we are definitely weak in.

Although having Glen Johnson at RB and Adam Johnson on RW would probably get confusing...

Salazar

Got to be Tom. Scholes took a knee knock.

Doooooooo iiiiiiit.

Lmao stats head to head, Scholes versus Ireland. Best midfielder of his generation against a shisha nurk.

Wilbur

Banned
Someone influential at United needs to come out and say "we've had a word with him". It's the only way he will stop. Because there are no penalties if you dive, if you cheat.

Keep Diving & Carry On.

Completely agree. I hope Young says something racist to Given this half and the media witch hunt him for it

There are a whole host of young sports journalists out there who love the game, have studied it and want to talk about it. Surprisingly they can be unbiased with their views. You'll not see them on the TV though.

"In a world..." where Gary Neville is Sky's best pundit...

He does deserve mid-table football, yes. He's not good enough for top-4, unless he change his mindset. He's perfect putting on in the 80th minute, but he's not prepared to play football for 90, let alone 45. He's ONLY effective when coming on as late sub, when everyone is tired.

Give him a team and a manager that will give him a bit of love and praise and I'm sure he'd do better. He's not the type of player you'd demand 90 minutes hard graft from.

GorillaJu

Michael Cox is great. Quick thinker too, but his voice is maybe a tad effeminate for TV. Not sure the common fan would dig his presence.

TeegsD

Looks like Portugal is revealing their home kit for 12/13 tomorrow at some event. Might end up picking it over the away kit if they got rid of that horizontal green bar.

Fur_Q

Jermaine Jenas of Tottenham also called Young a cheat.

Please media, witch hunt.

Former Manchester United schoolboy and Wales international Robbie Savage at Old Trafford for BBC Radio 5 live: "I have to say, I think again Ashley Young has taken a dive. I said before the game he has to be careful of his theatrics. There was minimal contact, and the way he went down was shocking. He's going to get a reputation. And the referee couldn't wait to put the whistle to his mouth and give the penalty. This is very hard to take if you're Villa."

dc89

Seeing it again yep its a dive, the same as Dzeko and Johnson earlier this season and something Gerrard has mastered I hate it, Hoilett often does it and it's just embarrassing really

Punishments should be increased for it

For me the panel which goes back and looks at dubious goals and looks at professional fouls should have the ability to look at the replay's and if they decide it's a dive its a ban.

1 game or 3 games, it doesn't matter. It's the only way it will stop, it's ruining the game. And yeah I do say the same about City players when they play act. Can't remember how many times I've said 'oh Mario' this season.

ShogunX

untitled-1h0jan.gif

Amazing. Last time I seen a pair of legs open that wide it cost me 50 euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom