• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Mario, Although if he doesn't win the title with the money that has been spent he probably will have to go.

We're not Chelsea. The Sheikh has more money than Abramovich but he's not going to spend millions and millions and go through 8 managers in 9 years.

Mancini is in for the long haul!

neoanarch

We're not Chelsea. The Sheikh has more money than Abramovich but he's not going to spend millions and millions and go through 8 managers in 9 years.

Mancini leaving Man City would be a crime against football.

pappe

You should not make statements like that coz when Mancini gets the boot(and he will) you just gonna end up looking stupid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mancini leaving Man City would be a crime against football.
Nothing comes close to Arsene Arsenal!

Man, the new 'curva sud' is a fucking wall. I'll be there for our capitano's last game in may. Sigh. :(

555109_3095661622925_1005627397_32406552_543413092_n.jpg

Surprised to see a banner for Mirko
KU8sl.gif

panty

So yeah.. this thread is slow now :'(

Well it was friday night so what do you expect. I'm back here at least :D

Real's squad list for today Vs. Osasuna.

Goalkeepers
Casillas, Adan, Tomas, Mejias

Defenders
Varane, Arbeloa, Marcelo, Ramos, Albiol, Coentrao

Midfielders
Altintop, Sahin, Ozil, Granero, Kaka, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria

Forwards
Cristiano Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema

Hopefully Di Maria is able to play. I wonder why no Pepe or Ramos.

Khedira
Injury: Bacterian amigdalitis.
Treatment: Medical.

Carvalho
Injury: Fibrillar tear on right femoris muscle.
Treatment: Medical. Physiotherapy.

Lass
Injury: Strain on the right hamstring muscle.
Treatment: Medical. Physiotherapy.

Just seen the FA Cup times for us to play Spurs then potential the CL semi-final. Are the FA having a fucking laugh? Pissing around with the schedule so that ITV can get their bloody viewers?

Its a joke and the FA have well and truly fucked us over.

GorillaJu

Just seen the FA Cup times for us to play Spurs then potential the CL semi-final. Are the FA having a fucking laugh? Pissing around with the schedule so that ITV can get their bloody viewers?

Its a joke and the FA have well and truly fucked us over.

Not as bad as when we had Chelsea twice and City in the span of what, 8 days or something last year?

Especially because for us those trophies are winnable.

EDIT: Okay, this is ridiculous. No one's taking the bait and it's been like 15 minutes since I posted this. This thread moves too fucking slow now. What's even more annoying is that we're hardly an "insular" community. We stay as on topic as any other thread and are quite welcoming to any newcomers, including those who have never watched a game in their life. Sucks we got thrown into the ghetto.

Hixx

Not as bad as when we had Chelsea twice and City in the span of what, 8 days or something last year?

Especially because for us those trophies are winnable.

EDIT: Okay, this is ridiculous. No one's taking the bait and it's been like 15 minutes since I posted this. This thread moves too fucking slow now. What's even more annoying is that we're hardly an "insular" community. We stay as on topic as any other thread and are quite welcoming to any newcomers, including those who have never watched a game in their life. Sucks we got thrown into the ghetto.

its for the greater good

what the fuck the greater good is, I have no idea.

elseanio

Watching the BVB Stuttgart game from last night, didn't realise borussia sang YNWA too. Pretty impressive from that huge terraced stand.

Look at that picture Hummels made for his Facebook page:
Sna6I.jpg

Really, I would be very surprised if Hummels left us in the next few years (if we stay in the CL places and have a word to say in the championship of course). He should be our next skipper. Dude became like a total Dortmunder, I fucking love it :D

Empty

i dunno why it's so slow, how can people use gaf without subscriptions.

there was a fun piece in the telegraph today where they talked up the mind games in an article on one side regarding aguero's injury then briefly interviewed a bunch of players involved in pl title races like petit and carragher on only for them to all say that mind games had very little influence, and psychological pressure came mainly from stuff like not having won the league in years or being ahead in the table with people chasing behind them. it's annoying just how obsessed the media are with them, there's lots of good actual football stuff to talk about insteasd.

Shorty

Banned
You're a Dortmunder, too? Nice to see, I didn't realize it earlier lol

Yep, geboren am Borsigplatz but brought up as an Eintracht Frankfurt fan by my dad. Which is why I was kinda bummed when Dortmund kicked Frankfurt into 2. Liga last season. Oh well, they'll be back next season from the looks of it.
I must always laught at the Bayern fans here crying over the playing shedule. It doesn't mean theirs is harder just because their bench is shit and they want to win against Real. Bayern, those blue guys and Gladbach in the last 5 matches, it doesn't get much harder than that and it will take at least another 2 weeks before we or Bayern can feel safe.
the match against bayern is going to be a nail biter, that much is for sure. I'll be at the game I think :)

No games on TV today? What is a man to do.

Hoping for wins from Villa, Arsenal and Man C today. Wouldn't mind a West Brom and Wigan to win either.

Whatever happens I hope this thread moves abit faster today!

Arnie

To be honest my recent posting habits have been coloured more by Liverpool's dire run of form than any change in Community tabs or thread location. I've had a lot of work recently and the last thing I want to do is come on here and discuss, in minute detail, why we're a mid table team who's bought catastrophically and aren't going in the right direction on the field.

Saying that, I'm home for easter and there's a round of fixtures on this afternoon so I'm going to let my hair down. Shame they're all at 3pm though, might have to find some dingy pub to watch them in illegally. Either that or stream them online.

Yen

Computer GAF!! I don't understand processors and I'm buying a laptop. Does a 1.3Ghz DUAL CORE PROCESSOR mean all together there is 2.6Ghz??

Biggest game of the season so far for West Ham today, we've got to beat Reading. I'm not entirely confidant though, as while the manager was forced to resort to a more attacking sort of play earlier in the week to see off Peterborough, it still wasn't his starting choice and I can't help but feel worried that he'll try and employ a similarly negative and defensive-minded formation against a Reading side who are almost certainly going to try and take the game to us at the Boleyn.

The most worrying thing is our strike-force. Cole's managed just 9 goals all season, when, with his weight and skill, he should have been tearing it up in this division, while Maynard & Baldock have only managed 6 between them, as Sam never seems to want to play to their strengths, having them out on the flanks rather than up-front with Cole. If it wasn't for Nolan and a bunch of goals from elsewhere in the midfield and defence, we'd be in right trouble.

Salazar

I can't help but feel worried that he'll try and employ a similarly negative and defensive-minded formation against a Reading side who are almost certainly going to try and take the game to us at the Boleyn.

It was a waste (of admittedly not very much money) to take Ravel if Sam is just going to put him there and run Sam-Football around (but mostly) behind, and over the top of him.

Gambit

Look at that picture Hummels made for his Facebook page:
Sna6I.jpg

Really, I would be very surprised if Hummels left us in the next few years (if we stay in the CL places and have a word to say in the championship of course). He should be our next skipper. Dude became like a total Dortmunder, I fucking love it :D

True, I think he feels very much at home now.

Also, he has become THE Bundesliga hipster.

Thanks Klinsmann for sending him away. Now we're stuck with Urkel Boateng.

It was a waste (of admittedly not very much money) to take Ravel if Sam is just going to put him there and run Sam-Football around (but mostly) behind, and over the top of him.

Yeah, Ravel hasn't got much playing time, but unless we're willing to play in a more attacking style that better utilises the flanks, I don't see much place for him in the current set-up.

I think Sam's realising that, in the long-term, he's going to have to start playing more attractive football, but either we just don't have the talent for it at the moment, or the talent is going to waste in Sam's set-up. I can understand his frustration with the fans, but all they want to see is a bit of fight and passion, the sort we showed against Peterborough on Tuesday, and I think Sam will find West Ham fans a whole lot more forgiving if they at least feel the players and manager are doing their damnedest and giving their all in pursuit of victory, rather than doing just enough, points no matter what, and repeatedly falling short.

Salazar

Good morning GAF

Yo. I greet you in a dinner suit (put on hours early because fuck being in a rush), eating chocolate, sitting inside because it's fucking cold out there.

I think I'm going to be at Heathrow when United play. I assume there'll be a pub there with the game on.

Arsenal today wooo!

Question for you fine fellows: What goes on between the end of the Premiere League season and August? Do the teams take a break or are there tournaments in between that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom