• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

The game is on ESPN in half an hour, for anyone who has missed it (me!)

22:00 UK
BUNDESLIGA
Borussia Dortmund v VfB Stuttgart
Dortmund host Stuttgart at Signal Iduna Park. Champions Dortmund have been in fine form in the second half of the season and look a good bet to retain their title.

Slizz

Have you guys seen the new Nike commercial? It is about the new
pink?
boots (Mercurial Vapor VIII)

Rafa Nadal vs C. Ronaldo - link

Two of my Favorite Athletes! <3

Nike Football consistently has really really good ad campaigns..... I love this, was Rafa really shouldering the ball and using the back of his head?!

As for the color I love it, but then again I loved the fluorescent highlighter color ones earlier in the year:

USA%20Nike%20Mercurial%20Vapor%20Superfly%20II%20FG%20Yellow%20White%20Black1%20(7).jpg

elseanio

Haven't Everton just signed with Nike? Good deal for them, not seen how much its worth but will probably reach a wider market than Le Coq Sportif

Anderson

Off to QPR tomorrow, taking the piss with the ticket price though, over £50 for a shitty relegation team, least Wigan charge a decent price

Another game we should win but would be typical if we bugger it up, RVP will hopefully end his barren run of 2 games without a goal

ATF487

I get to see Liverpool this summer yaaaaaay! They're coming to Fenway to play Roma and will be having practices at Harvard. I went to Fenway for the Celtic/Sporting game, which was cool, but this is better. Hoping to have a Fady style run in with one of the players exploring the city

Slizz

I get to see Liverpool this summer yaaaaaay! They're coming to Fenway to play Roma and will be having practices at Harvard. I went to Fenway for the Celtic/Sporting game, which was cool, but this is better. Hoping to have a Fady style run in with one of the players exploring the city

Dude a football game in Fenway sounds so amazing. Fenway and Wrigley are on my bucket list for sports places I need to go. As well as a World Cup(maybe going to Brazil) and I will see United at home(more than once) no question.

What the fuck was that. I'm not even mad. Like at all. Stuttgart came back out of nowhere, incredible achievement from us to get back a 4-3 lead. The 4-4 was just that shit goal that HAD to happen because that match didn't deserve a loser.

But why does Stuttgart always play so well against us? I feel like the only two matches they played well this season were the two against us.

Also, watch Bayern win tomorrow and everyone will be like "Shit, Bayern is back!".
And then watch them lose at the Westfalenstadion :D

bjaelke

Aguero hurt his foot riding on a mini-motocross bike while playing with his three-year-old son Benjamin at their Cheshire home.

The Argentine striker then treated the injury repeatedly with an ­anaesthetic freeze spray, causing burns and blisters that left him unable to play or train.
Was hoping for something funny.

Shorty

Banned
What the fuck was that. I'm not even mad. Like at all. Stuttgart came back out of nowhere, incredible achievement from us to get back a 4-3 lead. The 4-4 was just that shit goal that HAD to happen because that match didn't deserve a loser.

But why does Stuttgart always play so well against us? I feel like the only two matches they played well this season were the two against us.

Also, watch Bayern win tomorrow and everyone will be like "Shit, Bayern is back!".
And then watch them lose at the Westfalenstadion :D
Stuttgart has been on a roll for the past 6-7 games. I don't think they lost one of them. Let's hope they can continue their streak because Bayern still has to go up against them. Except for us they're their only serious opponent left I believe. Although tomorrow is derby time for bayern and that's always special.

Stuttgart has been on a roll for the past 6-7 games. I don't think they lost one of them. Let's hope they can continue their streak because Bayern still has to go up against them. Except for us they're their only serious opponent left I believe. Although tomorrow is derby time for bayern and that's always special.

You're a Dortmunder, too? Nice to see, I didn't realize it earlier lol

I must always laught at the Bayern fans here crying over the playing shedule. It doesn't mean theirs is harder just because their bench is shit and they want to win against Real. Bayern, those blue guys and Gladbach in the last 5 matches, it doesn't get much harder than that and it will take at least another 2 weeks before we or Bayern can feel safe.

And about that Bayern - Nürnberg match... Well, there's no way Bayern will not win tomorrow.

Messi

Bought a Vita and fifa today. Also bought PES 12 on the 360. I like them all. Now if only all my shots didnt sail over the bar in PES. Tips please?

Clegg

It's not just me, right? This thread is noticeably slower since they chucked it in here, isn't it?

I think the real test will be the weekend. Lots of teams will be playing On Sat/Sun.

If the thread is slow then we'll know that we'll know the switch to community has had an effect.

Blablurn

what did i learn this night?

don't watch the hunger games.

dortmund lol.

i don't know if we'll win today. but it doesn't matter. just dont want the hunger games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom