• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand the reasoning for the changes personally. EviLore should have asked those sports communities whether they wanted a change or not before implementing them.

What platform? If it's Xbox then add me... Willkiller07.

Brring it.

Alright. Will be on in 5 minutes. Hope you have a mic

Slizz

I didn't think it was that bad. I expected nothing though. Expectations definitely make a difference.

Loving Community btw.

I have no expectations for Hunger Games so I think I'm good.

And awesome, aside from my Brie bias I truly do believe its a legit good sitcom.

Why did I go to a pub to watch this? I mean it was a great game and all, but soo much bad luck to. The Bayern haven't won in Nürnberg since 2005 or something so they fuck up too.

oh, Hummels is probably become the next Beckenbauer..

All tmrws PL games kick off at 3pm. I guess in some ways that's cool, but it means I only get to watch one game, not cool. Here are my predictions.

Villa 1 Chelsea 3 - Torres hat trick
Everton 2 WBA 1 - Hodgson face rub guaranteed
Fulham 1 Norwich 1 -Bryan Ruiz is so dreamy, also *assume The Rock voice* Danny Murphy YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK
City 4 Sunderland 0 - Hoping for a JJJIIIIIIII! moment but I can't see it
QPR 0 RVP 3 - Need dem FF points
Wigan 1 Stoke 0 - Whatever happens, football loses
Wolves 1 Bolton 3 - Miyaichi will destroy the Wolves defense but really who cares about this match

Barca vs Athletic should be awesome though. That'll be a great game to watch.

Blablurn

The Bayern haven't won in Nürnberg since 2005 or something so they fuck up too.

we'll see, we'll see. tmw's game will be a "charaktertest". if we win it, this team is ready for something big.... if not... no problem. they fought big time against marseille. it wouldn't surprise me if the batteries are still a little empty.

Slizz

Football takes more precedent in my life than a lot of things.... Delaying watching the Hunger Games, while watching an MLS game in hd at the bar...

Slizz

MLS? That's not football.

jk

I'm not gonna lie but I don't watch a lot of Championship but I have to assume its similar to MLS... Hoof the ball up to your striker and hope he gets a run or good touch and really fucking physical play in between...

we'll see, we'll see. tmw's game will be a "charaktertest". if we win it, this team is ready for something big.... if not... no problem. they fought big time against marseille. it wouldn't surprise me if the batteries are still a little empty.
Are Bayern still in the German Cup?

Edit - Fake Kermit is being mean to me =(

All tmrws PL games kick off at 3pm. I guess in some ways that's cool, but it means I only get to watch one game, not cool. Here are my predictions.

Villa 1 Chelsea 3 - Torres hat trick
Everton 2 WBA 1 - Hodgson face rub guaranteed
Fulham 1 Norwich 1 -Bryan Ruiz is so dreamy, also *assume The Rock voice* Danny Murphy YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK
City 4 Sunderland 0 - Hoping for a JJJIIIIIIII! moment but I can't see it
QPR 0 RVP 3 - Need dem FF points
Wigan 1 Stoke 0 - Whatever happens, football loses
Wolves 1 Bolton 3 - Miyaichi will destroy the Wolves defense but really who cares about this match

Barca vs Athletic should be awesome though. That'll be a great game to watch.

We are going to rally to victory after the news of Captain Stan. We will beat Chelsea twice in one season!

Slizz

Haha, Pogba has a few years to go to even be comparable to Yaya. I got a kick out of the suggestion that he wasn't even good enough for the team, lol.

Not 100% but I'm pretty sure Lego was trolling lol. Especially since he's a legit United fan and isn't doicare.

I didn't understand the reasoning for the changes personally. EviLore should have asked those sports communities whether they wanted a change or not before implementing them.

Alright. Will be on in 5 minutes. Hope you have a mic

Good games! Just a shame I think about half of what we were saying didn't come through the mic properly.

I had to make sure I won that Tyne-Wear derby though. I hope you understand :p

rodvik

I will be in heaven if you manage to do this! Even a draw will be awesome.

It could happen, for some reason we have been Chelseas bogie team for a while now.

Still getting even a draw will be a tough ask Our squad is in tatters and McLeish is under extreme pressure from fans, plus now Petrov's situation. Tough game for Villa.

It could happen, for some reason we have been Chelseas bogie team for a while now.

Still getting even a draw will be a tough ask Our squad is in tatters and McLeish is under extreme pressure from fans, plus now Petrov's situation. Tough game for Villa.

I'm hoping that the fans can get behind the team Saturday and put the scrutiny aside because of the news from today.

rodvik

I'm hoping that the fans can get behind the team Saturday and put the scrutiny aside because of the news from today.

Would be nice. A packed house there for Petrov would work wonders.

Btw if watching on TV expect a sustained round of applause on the 19th minute (his number).

Yeah I was just putting my schedule together of what I want to watch ...

Premier League
10:00 Aston Villa vs Chelsea
10:00 Manchester City vs Sunderland
10:00 QPR vs Arsenal

La Liga
4:00 Barcelona vs Bilbao

I asked this a bit ago but I decided to jump on a pair of Nike T90 Elites. I got them for a REALLY good price. I couldn't say no.

I have a few weeks to break them in before the season starts...

TeegsD

Tomorrows Benfica - Braga game is sure to be exciting. I really hope Braga pulls it off because they'd have a good chance of being champion. Unfortunately I have a trip to Salem tomorrow for the Historical Society so not going to get back until after the game ends.

Good god, I am watching the Dortmund-Stuttgart match on ESPN3 and it is the most exciting match I've seen in a while. Hummels just NAILED in a 3-3 equalizer. The crowd noise is fucking fantastic as well on the feed.

GorillaJu

I asked this a bit ago but I decided to jump on a pair of Nike T90 Elites. I got them for a REALLY good price. I couldn't say no.

I have a few weeks to break them in before the season starts...

I wear t90s for indoor. The orange/white/black ones that I've seen Rooney wear a few times this year. They're good for me. Better than my Predators and F50s I had prior.

neoanarch

Good god, I am watching the Dortmund-Stuttgart match on ESPN3 and it is the most exciting match I've seen in a while. Hummels just NAILED in a 3-3 equalizer. The crowd noise is fucking fantastic as well on the feed.

Oooh is it? Gonna kill some time watching it.

Slow thread is pretty slow. looks like relegating us to the community forum killed the community aspect of it. gg.

bjaelke

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini does not trust Balotelli

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini admits he does not trust striker Mario Balotelli, but will continue to play the enigmatic Italian.
Balotelli made a surprise appearance at a press conference at former club Inter Milan this week, and was pictured arguing with Mancini on Wednesday.
"No, I don't trust Mario. No-one trusts Mario," Mancini told BBC Sport.
Mancini also hit back at Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson saying Carlos Tevez's return is "desperate".

On Wednesday, pictures were circulated of an apparent bust-up between Mancini and Balotelli at City's Carrington training complex.
Mancini played down the row, but admitted he did not know what to expect from the unpredictable 21-year-old.
"He is a top player," said Mancini
"He can do everything. He can score two goals against Arsenal next week. But he can also take a red card.
"Until now he did well and in the last eight games he could be important for us. But trust him? Never."

City are three points behind leaders United with the Manchester clubs battling it out to win the Premier League title. Balotelli chose to spend two days off in Italy last week and gatecrashed new Inter Milan boss Andrea Stramaccioni's first press conference.
Mancini clarified his striker's presence at the press conference, but admitted Balotelli needed to grow up, with the incident the latest in a string of bizarre antics.
"At the press conference he was there like a journalist. It is better you ask him why but he had two days off," said Mancini.
"I can't put him in his house for two days.
"Probably the moment will arrive when he will know what he should do when he has two days off.
"I hope he will grow out of it because he needs to know this is his job. He needs to work and rest. But he is young."

Meanwhile, Mancini disputed Ferguson's suggestion that bringing back Tevez was an act of desperation.
"It is not important for me what Sir Alex says," said Mancini.
"I have big respect for him. I'm sure what I say is not important to him. I think the only thing that is important for him and for me is to win the championship.
"Carlos Tevez is a Manchester City player. He wanted to leave the club in January, but this was not possible.
"Now he is again a big player for us. Desperation for what? We were without Tevez for seven months and dominated this championship. I don't think so. He is a City player and maybe he can help us in the last six or seven games."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom