• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Moobabe

Wait, you also think MGS2 was bad. The second best game on the PS2.

To be clear I'm taking them as games on the whole - not just the gameplay. Metal Gear Solid's gameplay has always been exemplary; the story is poorly written dross and I don't discount that when talking about the games.

And, out of curiosity, what's the best game on PS2?

Messi

Footie GAF, I am addicted to Mountain Dew - Pitch Black, apparently this was a limited flavour in the US. I need to know if there is a substitute that I can use to replace it.

Kyoufu

I just want to say I hate all of your opinions regarding games.

Sunhi, I'm looking at you. MGS2 second best game on PS2?

Hand in your legend card at the door.

To be clear I'm taking them as games on the whole - not just the gameplay. Metal Gear Solid's gameplay has always been exemplary; the story is poorly written dross and I don't discount that when talking about the games.

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS BITCHES

or Resi 4
even though it was a port lolz

Salvadora

I think playing the remakes of Gold/Silver was a mistake, Not as magical. Still
fighting Red/Kanto were the best surprises ever

Moobabe

I just want to say I hate all of your opinions regarding games.

Sunhi, I'm looking at you. MGS2 second best game on PS2?

Hand in your legend card at the door.

What do you play man? I know we're going to be enemies on wednesday night - but we can be friends til then right?

My top games PS2:

1. MGS3
2. MGS2
3. GT4
4. SOTC
5. God of War 2
6. GTA:SA
7. Resident Evil 4
8. Devil May Cry 3

Moobabe

My top games PS2:

1. MGS3
2. MGS2
3. GT4
4. SOTC
5. God of War 2
6. GTA:SA
7. Resident Evil 4
8. Devil May Cry 3

Some good stuff on there; Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are fantastic, as is GTA:SA. Resi 4 was amazing on the Cube - thought I think Metroid Prime was my GOTG from the last console cycle.

Best game ever is LoZ: OoT.

Yes_yes_YES.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There are rumors within the Etihad that Silva is on the bench tonight and De Jong starts.

Surely a joke. Why would Mancini revert to his pathetic defensive tactics after the Arsenal debacle a few weeks ago? They need to win today.

You people are all crazy, greatest game ever is a toss up between Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4 and Mario Galaxy 2.

Kyoufu

What do you play man? I know we're going to be enemies on wednesday night - but we can be friends til then right?

I've been playing PSO2 beta and waiting for Diablo 3 release soon.

My faves of this gen in no particular order:

Mass Effect 1
Monster Hunter Tri
Dark Souls
Demon's Souls
Nier
COD4
Skyrim (only ES game I managed to really enjoy)
Dragon Age

Still need to play MGS4, Journey, Bayonetta etc.

Some good stuff on there; Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are fantastic, as is GTA:SA. Resi 4 was amazing on the Cube - thought I think Metroid Prime was my GOTG from the last console cycle.

One of the main reasons for my love of the MGS series has to do with my personal life, I have so many good memories during the time of MGS2 and 3 which I sadly don't have anymore. Certain feelings got attached to those games for me personally.

Moobabe

One of the main reasons for my love of the MGS series has to do with my personal life, I have so many good memories during the time of MGS2 and 3 which I sadly don't have anymore. Certain feelings got attached to those games for me personally.

One of my favourite aspects of games in general; listening to Linking Park reminds me of Perfect Dark and vice versa. My brain is warped. I think the reason I "dislike" MGS is because it's so frustrating - if they edited out some of the nonsense, tightened up some of the cut scenes (and made them a little shorter and less frequent) they would be stunning games.

Carbonox

Was RE4 any different on PS2 besides the worse graphics and added content?

The Gamecube version is the superior one IMO. I don't like the PS2 controller for RE4 and I have no desire to touch the Wii-mote. But the added content on the PS2/Wii versions understandably make them favourable ones.

Still Resident Evil 4 is the best game of last generation IMO.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The Gamecube version is the superior one IMO. I don't like the PS2 controller for RE4 and I have no desire to touch the Wii-mote. But the added content on the PS2/Wii versions understandably make them favourable ones.

Still Resident Evil 4 is the best game of last generation IMO.

I have it on Gamecube so I never bothered getting another copy.

LegoArmo

Resident Evil 4 and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were my favourite games of last generation.

I have the GameCube version or RE4 and I bought it on XBLA but I haven't played it yet.

Az

I just had an epiphany. Yaya Toure to score the winning goal in the 87. minute, for a 3-2.

Edit: MGS4 was amazing, I hate yall...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Sky Sports HD Muthafuckas. Debating on whether or not to get beers, think I'm gonna have to get beers.

pulga

Banned
Best games ever? If we're talking about post-SNES, for me its: OoT. Metroid Prime. RE4. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2. I also have very high esteem for Bioshock 1, the PS2 GTAs and the goddamn Wind Waker.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Best games ever? If we're talking about post-SNES, for me its: OoT. Metroid Prime. RE4. I also have very high esteem for Bioshock 1, the PS2 GTAs and the goddamn Wind Waker.

High-fucking-five.

Bo-Locks

I'm staying at a friends tonight in one of the flats just opposite the Etihad. I'll be able to hear the reactions of the crowd before the broadcast.

Carbonox

Am I the only one here who doesn't give two shits about the Zelda series and finds the games rather boring? I've played a couple of hours of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and The Phantom Hourglass and found none of them enjoyable. D:

Salvadora

Am I the only one here who doesn't give two shits about the Zelda series and finds the games rather boring? I've played a couple of hours of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and The Phantom Hourglass and found none of them enjoyable. D:

It really depends on the Zelda game, The DS titles were terrible for example.

Top Bottom