• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

pulga

Banned
High-fucking-five.

I want to hate it for the triforce hunt, Easy difficulty and low amount of dungeons but I don't. Easily one of the best games last generation despite the flaws.

Bro hug! But agreed, the triforce quest and the cut dungeon hold it back from being THE Zelda, but it still really is an amazing game.

Sky Sports 3D muthafuckas (in a pub though, not in my home sadly).

How does that work? Do they hand out 3D glasses to everyone?

Am I the only one here who doesn't give two shits about the Zelda series and finds the games rather boring? I've played a couple of hours of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and The Phantom Hourglass and found none of them enjoyable. D:
Unfortunate for you Carbonox.

700 million expected to watch the match tonight. Stick that in the Rugby vs NFL thread.
14 different broadcasters.

Clasico only had 9.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Sky Sports 3D muthafuckas (in a pub though, not in my home sadly).

One time last year when we were in halls and didn't have Sky Sports we went to a Yates to watch football one time and there was some guy sat watching the 3D TV the whole time with no glasses on.

I don't know how he didn't get a headache.

Bo-Locks

700? What the hell.

I heard 440 million watched the Clasico.

Clasico is better than our derbies....

...right?

United - Liverpool is the most watched football match in the world, except for the WC final. 700 million peak is about average for a United - Liverpool fixture.

fuenf

those viewership numbers cant be real, dont they usually just add up all the viewers the broadcasters could potentially reach?

It's because United and Liverpool are absolutely massive in the far east. I don't know if it actually reaches 700m but it is the most viewed club game in the world.

Bo-Locks

those viewership numbers cant be real, dont they usually just add up all the viewers the broadcasters could potentially reach?

700 million "peak" is the report that I heard. That's how these figures are normally reported and it jives with the figures that United - Liverpool normally pull.

It's because United and Liverpool are absolutely massive in the far east. I don't know if it actually reaches 700m but it is the most viewed club game in the world.

My time in Singapore showed me that no other game reaches the height of a United-Liverpool game, not even title deciders or some cup finals.

fuenf

700 million "peak" is the report that I heard. That's how these figures are normally reported and it jives with the figures that United - Liverpool normally pull.

Even as a peak number it doesn make any sense. For example the Super Bowl or Champions League final have an estimated global viewership between 150-200mio people. I dont care how popular the Premierleague is, the numbers just dont add up imo. In China it's currently 1:20am there's just no way that a siginificant number of people in the far east watch this game.

Even as a peak number it doesn make any sense. For example the Super Bowl or Champions League final have an estimated global viewership between 150-200mio people. I dont care how popular the Premierleague is, the numbers just dont add up imo. In China it's currently 1:20am there's just no way that a siginificant number of people in the far east watch this game.

It may not be 700 million but you'd be surprised how many people stay up to watch these games. Seriously, at times it seems as though it means more to then over there than to fans over here - it's a crazy atmosphere.

fuenf

It may not be 700 million but you'd be surprised how many people stay up to watch these games. Seriously, at times it seems as though it means more to then over there than to fans over here - it's a crazy atmosphere.

I dont doubt that it's popular, i just find it hard to believe that it's the world most popular sporting event. Just found this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/30/s...ester-city-has-whole-world-watching.html?_r=1

On Monday, those cameras will broadcast the game between Manchester United and Manchester City to 650 million homes in 203 territories. Sixteen overseas broadcasters have applied to cover the game, seven more than worked the recent Clásico in Spain between Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Correct me if i'm wrong but to me it sounds like they are just talking about the total global reach and not the actual viewership?

Wes

venison crêpe
I had no idea the match was on tonight. After last week, I'm not sure it'll live up to the hype. 1-0 City in a borefest.

Zabojnik

Guys, do any of you happen to still have Witcher 2 savegames, PC version? I'm trying to get quick access to the two new Act III quests in the Enhanced Edition. What I need is a Roche's path savegame (I already have them for Iovereth's path) from the very end of Act II. The game autosaves after the battle of Vergen ('Vergen Besieged'), when Saskia confronts the defeated king ... that's what I need, ideally, so to minimize the time needed to get to Act III. If you load an Act III savegame directly, the quests do not activate, apparently.

Can you help a fellow monster hunter out? The savegame folder is located under \Users\<User>\Documents\Witcher 2\savegames. You can find which savegame is which by comparing the timestamps. Thanks!

Anybody? :(

dc89

4561eaf6.jpg

LOL!

I always remember going to a derby a few years back, this huge limo pulled up and people gathered around expecting to see some celebrity or ex-player. Out stepped a load of City fans dressed as the Glaziers, masks and everything.

pulga

Banned
<3 my GF only knows the name of the attractive footballers. Aguero is her favorite.

Fo sho. It's unbearable to watch a Spain NT game with the ladies.

Italy WC 2006 owns all though. Totti, Del Piero, Cannavaro, De Rossi, Nesta, Gattuso. Those were some beastly men.

Top Bottom