• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Pachimari

Lass, Carvalho, Altintop, and Sahin have been left out of tonight's squad.

So there's a chance of Marcelo at left back and Coentrao joining Khedira and Xabi Alonso in midfield. But taking into account Aitor Karanka's words from yesterday's press conference ("We will attack and score"), I think we'll now stick to our formation and our own game, which would lead to the most exciting El Clásico.

A 4-2-3-1 is highly probable, with the usual players in the starting line-up. It could be a 4-3-3 with Xabi, Khedira and Özil but I don't think we'll go with that one.

Newcastle team:
Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ba, Cisse

Krul was a doubt so very glad he's starting. Looks like we're switching from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2, that'll mean Ba gets more chances and seeing as he's scored 3 against stoke this season already it's probably a good move. Should get the 3 points today, please...no injurys Stoke.

Pachimari

Oh, and El Mundo "confirms" José Mourinho will fulfill his contract until June 30 2014 and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that'll be the case. Some weeks ago Jose Angel Sanchez agreed to improving the contracts of his assistants which is Aitor Karanka, Rui Faria, Silvino Louro and Jose Morais, so they'll get higher salaries starting with the 2012-13 season and the 2013-14 season.

In other news, Florentino Perez has had dinner with the parents of Lucas Moura from Sao Paolo and his agent Wagner Ribeiro. Rumors about him has been consistant since we bailed out of the Neymar hunt.

Bo-Locks

There was a time when I thought thant Arsenal were just terribly unlucky with the amount of injuries they get, then I realised that it's just due to the sheer incompetence of the medical/management team. They should have taken Walcott off straight away. Idiots.

Top Bottom