• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Meier

No sound since my fiancée is sleeping next to me but I'm shocked RVP didn't get a penalty. Did he play that up? Looked legit on my stream.

If he did dive, what a waste -- they had a beautiful bit of passing leading up to it.

Clegg

My God Danny Studdidge is shocking selfish.

He had all the time in the world to pass to Torres and instead he danced on the ball and was tackled.

Terrible.

Wilbur

Banned
No sound since my fiancée is sleeping next to me but I'm shocked RVP didn't get a penalty. Did he play that up? Looked legit on my stream.

If he did dive, what a waste -- they had a beautiful but of passing leading up to it.

Went over so easily

Facism

boring game.

As an aside, Turkish/Greek footy GAF, i've just had some of this for lunch:

dolma_cooking.jpg

sogood.gif.

Mignolet, O’Shea (C), Bardsley, Turner, Kilgallon, Larsson, McClean, Colback, Gardner, Sessegnon, Bendtner.

O'Shea right back I give fucking up

ASTON VILLA: Given, LICHAJ, Collins, Cuellar, Baker, Albrighton, Herd, Ireland, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Weimann.

Interesting lineup from McLeish, leaving out Warnock and Hutton. I'm excited for that. Gary better get an appearance.

Wilbur

Banned
boring game.

As an aside, Turkish/Greek footy GAF, i've just had some of this for lunch:

dolma_cooking.jpg

sogood.gif.

My boss loves that shit! always has it in the fridge but I'm scared of trying it. He's Iranian and is always chastising me for my food taste haha

Slizz

ASTON VILLA: Given, LICHAJ, Collins, Cuellar, Baker, Albrighton, Herd, Ireland, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Weimann.

Interesting lineup from McLeish, leaving out Warnock. I'm excited for that.

LEEEEEE-HIGHHHHHHH (Love the way the Spanish commentators pronounced his name during the WC)

EDIT: Grape leaves are pretty fucking good man. The leaf is a bit bitter but all the good stuff in the middle is awesome.

Wilbur

Banned
lolwut?

Mourinho is the messiah of anti-football

some short memories around here

I think Mourinho got unfair flak at Chelsea; just because there was a lot of 2-0 victories, clean sheets and efficiency doesn't necessarily mean negative football.

Inter though, I'll give you that. Madrid are good to watch though, I enjoy watching them more than Barca

Facism

My boss loves that shit! always has it in the fridge but I'm scared of trying it. He's Iranian and is always chastising me for my food taste haha

Try some. Amazing. The dolma i just had was rice and lamb + a few herbs and spices for a little heat.

Meier

DiMatteo seems to constantly have a bemused look on his face. I wonder if all he can think about is wow how is it I might get to keep this job?!

RVP got to cute there. Shoot the ball!

Meier

That was some Bruce Lee shit by the Arsenal defender. Need a gif, haha. Perfect for a banned one.

Edit: Good call on Liu Kang.

Eto'o is amazing :(
I found a quote in that Barca book where Eto'o pretty much stated that he is in it for the pay check. The discussion about how Pep sent the old guard out was fascinating and I wish AvB would have had that chance with Chelsea. Although Chrlsea don't have La Masia.

EDIT: I'm highlighting a lot of quotes and will post them here when I finish the book.

Top Bottom