• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

LegoArmo

Am I the only person who feels like London derbies aren't real derbies? As in they don't really have that excitement and passion that other derbies do.

Minus Arsenal and Spurs, I love those games.

Pachimari

If Coentrao plays tonight I wont watch the match.
Taking Mourinho's rotational system into account, would you rather Coentrao start this one or the one against Bayern? Cause he'll surely start one of them. The Bayern game were a "fluke", Coentrao has great defensive abilities which he showcased at the start of the season especially. The thing is a talent like him needs some kind of consistency and he haven't gotten that.

Sloosha

Am I the only person who feels like London derbies aren't real derbies? As in they don't really have that excitement and passion that other derbies do.

This game has no big-match feel to it at all. Like a reserve match at the moment.

Pachimari

I agree with this sentiment.

Thanks. I hate when advertisements for matches say one time, you tune in and its just pregame talk for an hour.
I love pre-game shows, it's what gets me in the mood. Nothing beats a great analysis but that's only for my team lol, I couldn't care about anything else.

Taking Mourinho's rotational system into account, would you rather Coentrao start this one or the one against Bayern? Cause he'll surely start one of them. The Bayern game were a "fluke", Coentrao has great defensive abilities which he showcased at the start of the season especially. The thing is a talent like him needs some kind of consistency and he haven't gotten that.

Coentrao might have great skills but I dont trust him. Sorry, but tonight we cant speculate. Id rather have Marcelo, so at least we can use our LB to attack.

Plasma

Banned
Ramsey getting caught in possession quite a bit but why is nobody giving him a shout to tell him that somebody is behind him.

Slizz

I agree with this sentiment.

I love pre-game shows, it's what gets me in the mood. Nothing beats a great analysis but that's only for my team lol, I couldn't care about anything else.

Most of the pre-game shows I watch are in Spanish and while I can understand bits and pieces, it's hard to fully comprehend with 4 guys all speaking it at once lol.

Iñigo Cabacas, an Athletic Bilbao fan, died on Monday as a result of being hit in the head with a rubber bullet by the police after the match with Schalke 04. Some Sporting fans had a banner during the game honoring Iñigo and after the match they gave it to the Bilbao fans who started chanting Iñigo´s name and Sporting.
Massive respect for both sets of fans, I wish we always had this kind of behavior between the home and away fans.

Sporting fans giving the banner and Bilbao fans chanting.

bud

Ramsey getting caught in possession quite a bit but why is nobody giving him a shout to tell him that somebody is behind him.

this is true, but he should also be aware of his surroundings which he clearly isn't; he doesn't even look around when he has the ball.

elseanio

Iñigo Cabacas, an Athletic Bilbao fan, died on Monday as a result of being hit in the head with a rubber bullet by the police after the match with Schalke 04. Some Sporting fans had a banner during the game honoring Iñigo and after the match they gave it to the Bilbao fans who started chanting Iñigo´s name and Sporting.
Massive respect for both sets of fans, I wish we always had this kind of behavior between the home and away fans.

Yeah, love this type of interaction between clubs. Shame it usually takes a tragedy to spark something (not to say Sporting / Bilbao wouldn't have got along either way)

Wilbur

Banned

This is a lovely response to a tragedy. Fair play Sporting and Bilbao fans

Pachimari

Too bad you're stuck with Canal9's self-proclaimed analysts.
Yea it sucks. Still better than being late into a match with 30 minutes at 6'eren every single time.

Most of the pre-game shows I watch are in Spanish and while I can understand bits and pieces, it's hard to fully comprehend with 4 guys all speaking it at once lol.
Oh wow I can imagine that haha.

What was his price tag anyway last summer?
30 million euros. Insane amount for a bench player but Mourinho wanted his versatility.

Top Bottom