• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Preston North End have done a Juve!

0,,10362~10892989,00.jpg

That's their third kit for next season, a nice touch though cause it's supporting a charity.

Soi-Fong

Thanks to DC we all know what the new City facilities are like for the next time we don't visit.

This... Like I needed any more evidence of City's crazy spending and oil money.
By the way DC, if you haven't noticed, you're just making everyone hate City more by posting those propaganda pics.

WJD

2 down, 1 exam to go before four months of freedom.

E3, Euros, holidays, booze, sun and my FA Youth coaching course. Can't bloody wait.

Soi-Fong

So what's going on with Chelsea? They're not getting Battersea? I want to see them getting a bigger stadium than SB.

lol Must admit, after they got Hazard and since I'm still bitter about it, soo effing happy they're not getting Battersea.

One thing about United, you still play in front of the most spectators in England.

Meier

By the way DC, if you haven't noticed, you're just making everyone hate City more by posting those propaganda pics.

That work probably only costs £5-10 million and it's pretty standard fare in terms of suite upgrades. Don't let your blind hatred affect you so much.

CL is always a gamble to some extent and I wouldn't be so sure about domestic titles. With the Chelsea vs. City arms race even the "Kagawa effect" could go up in smoke :/
I'd rather take 18m fixed than 15m fixed + 7m conditional.

If the bid comes trough though, we will have to become Utd. fans for the next season, hehe
It's likely that some of the clauses will be related to appearances/goals and are close to guaranteed, just to spread the payment.

If that is the price I am really happy. £12m basic rising to £17m is great. Overall I still think it's a teeny bit expensive for a player in his last year of contract, but that is the going rate these days and Kagawa is a great great player who is probably worth alot more than what we will be paying.

Let's just hope we get this contract ironed out soon! £100k a week should be no problem, we have players leaving and our wage/turnover is still the lowest in Europe amongst the more competitive sides. Blending his basic pay with image right sounds like a good idea.

I'm getting excited!!

WJD

You're doing a youth course?! Does that mean you've done Level one already?

In order, I'm doing

• 1st4Sport Level 1 Award
  • FA Emergency First Aid
  • Safeguarding Children
  • FA Youth Award Module 1

Probably doesn't count as a fully fledged course, but it's the start I need!

Those Milan numbers are scary. I'm more curious to see what Juventus' numbers come to now that they've recovered from their 'banishment', qualified for Champion's League, and now own their stadium. It seems to me that Milan have almost no way to increase their revenue without heavy player sales which is unsustainable. What kind of youth system do they have? It really shows how out of hand spending has become in the sport across Europe.

Not that you needed him to fuel your City hatred right? ;)

I actually think dc89's posts are hilarious in a ridiculous way and they are not harmful at least.

Wilbur

Banned
In order, I'm doing

• 1st4Sport Level 1 Award
  • FA Emergency First Aid
  • Safeguarding Children
  • FA Youth Award Module 1

Probably doesn't count as a fully fledged course, but it's the start I need!

Sounds awesome.

I'm only doing the 1st4sport Level 1 Award this summer.

dc89

Game of Thrones, well played. GIVE ME NEXT WEEKS NOOOOWWW

Amazing, huh? This week's Mad Men was fantastic as well.. two straight hours of first class television.

Yeah I need next weeks episode right this moment.

I actually think dc89's posts are hilarious in a ridiculous way and they are not harmful at least.

Of course they're not harming anyone, well said bro!

Soi-Fong

I think the nice aspect of DC is he's always positive regarding anything about City. I wouldn't call it blind love, but close to it of City. It's admirable. Certainly better than the plastic fans wearing Chelsea jerseys in my university after they won the Champion's League.

Jumping on the GoT love-wagon as well. Some of the best television I've seen in years. I even watched the credits because I was still dazed by the amazing I had just seen. I doubt the season finale will top that. I'm still catching up on Mad Men though. Four seasons left to watch now
3AQmK.gif

I don't particularly care about GoT and I don't watch Mad Men. I want Breaking Bad and Homeland!
When is Homeland S2 due? I'm worried about that show...really hope the plot doesn't become ridiculous.

Also, dc, keep posting the PR, it's fun.

Jumping on the GoT love-wagon as well. Some of the best television I've seen in years. I even watched the credits because I was still dazed by the amazing I had just seen. I doubt the season finale will top that. I'm still catching up on Mad Men though. Four seasons left to watch now
3AQmK.gif
Haha same. I just sat there in awe...

Need to get on to Mad Men.

Still only on S2 of Community aswell...which is AWESOME!

Fry

When is Homeland S2 due? I'm worried about that show...really hope the plot doesn't become ridiculous.

Don't think there's a date yet, but the series premiered in october, probably around that, I hope late september.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried as well, but Im also excited as fuck, I don't know if they can make a second season as good as the first one, but I think it will still be quality.

Slizz

lol

yeah, and bosh returning for the finals wouldnt be that bad either. i hope bron and wade dont end up all dead by that time.

Hopefully the OKC Spurs game goes 7 and we can wrap up this series in 5 or 6. Those extra days are crucial, just look at how flat the Celtics started and how well-rested the Heat looked in the first half.

dc89

Also, dc, keep posting the PR, it's fun.

Haha same. I just sat there in awe...

Need to get on to Mad Men.

Still only on S2 of Community aswell...which is AWESOME!

The reactions are the best part!

---

Sky are reporting Brendan Rodgers has cut his holiday short to speak to the Swansea Chairman. Liverpool?

kharma45

Don't think there's a date yet, but the series premiered in october, probably around that, I hope late september.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried as well, but Im also excited as fuck, I don't know if they can make a second season as good as the first one, but I think it will still be quality.

It's due to air September 30th :)

Zabojnik

30M€ + Matri for Cavani? I'd be okay with that, but it's not gonna happen. Cavani is gonna stay at Napoli.

We're getting closer and closer to Asamoah from Udinese, apparently. I think 16M€ is actually a pretty realistic price, if that's indeed what Pozzo is asking. I'm glad Marrone is staying with us, I'd hate to see him being used as a bargaining chip. Having Marrone + Pogba + Verratti on the bench next season would be fantastic, but I'm pretty sure Verratti is staying at Pescara for another year.

So it's gonna be Asamoah + Damiao for us, I guess. Not the WC striker I wanted, but eh, he'll have to do.

Kyoufu

Swansea shouldn't be allowed to sign Sigurdsson when Rodgers isn't even going to stay himself :p

Give us Gylfi you bastards.

Wilbur

Banned
30M€ + Matri for Cavani? I'd be okay with that, but it's not gonna happen. Cavani is gonna stay at Napoli.

We're getting closer and closer to Asamoah from Udinese, apparently. I think 16M€ is actually a pretty realistic price, if that's indeed what Pozzo is asking. I'm glad Marrone is staying with us, I'd hate to see him being used as a bargaining chip. Having Marrone + Pogba + Verratti on the bench next season would be fantastic, but I'm pretty sure Verratti is staying at Pescara for another year.

So it's gonna be Asamoah + Damiao for us, I guess. Not the WC striker I wanted, but eh, he'll have to do.

Asamoah and Vidal are similar players though really aren't they?

Yen

Half, if not all. the season, will be devoted to
Carrie getting her memory back

Half, if not all. the season, will be devoted to
Carrie getting her memory back
Heh yeah...for sure, i've got a feeling it'll be filler filler filler.

Panorama was interesting last night...but, and I've never been over there so I can't be sure, but I doubt it's as bad as they made it out to be. I just felt like it was so...cynical. There will be alot of friendly people over there and I think it could have done a better job of balancing things up just a little bit.

You will find anti-semetic chanting in England too, at some PL grounds. Racism too. Doesn't mean people's safety is at risk.

Slizz

If anyone who didn't see Panorama last night or wasn't aware etc here is a Youtube clip of the show. It does contain scenes of violence etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXY4oa5cNAg&feature=player_embedded - Part One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxmU29KJo_E&feature=player_embedded - Part Two

Fucking hell, it's scary. The first 1:30 will give you a taste.

Read all about this story yesterday, good to know theres a video on it.

Pretty fucking disgraceful, I would have to question UEFA though for allowing basically an economic gift to what seems like a very undeserving country.

Messi

So season 4 of Breaking Bad keeps up with the consistent quality of the previous 3 seasons? That is a pretty high bar.

Fry

So season 4 of Breaking Bad keeps up with the consistent quality of the previous 3 seasons? That is a pretty high bar.

Yes. But I didn't think it was ALL THAT at first view, it grew on me afterwards. But now I think it's just as good as the others.

2>4=3>1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom