• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

if casual oriented nintendo means galaxy, smash bros brawl, zelda ss or donkey kong country, then please, don't change nintendo.

I agree with this but watching some of their conferences and seeing nothing appealing was depressing. Obviously they had stuff in the works but it didn't look like it at the time.

kharma45

You know your revision has gone to shit when you're voluntarily watching another one of your lecturers on YouTube instead of doing the module revision you're supposed to do :(

Fry

AABaN.gif

Moobabe

I want to see some GTA V!

Me too man. Me too.

The things that would make me shit my pants from an E3 would be Mirror's Edge 2 (first is top 2 this generation), BG&E 2 and it being revealed Bioshock Infinite isn't actually delayed to next year, and that it was all a ruse.

And as for Drogba - what a legend. I'll miss him so much - and someone had better damn well step up to take his place.

danwarb

I remember quite a lot of these goals in score. Gerrard's volley against Germany kept hitting players in the box, but now I can't get the 3 stars for Quaresma/Portugal vs. Belgium 07.

Wilbur

Banned
I remember quite a lot of these goals in score. Gerrard's volley against Germany kept hitting players in the box, but now I can't get the 3 stars for Quaresma/Portugal vs. Belgium 07.

I can't get 3 stars on that one either! I always get good on the shot and excellent on the other two. Bah.

Me too man. Me too.

The things that would make me shit my pants from an E3 would be Mirror's Edge 2 (first is top 2 this generation), BG&E 2 and it being revealed Bioshock Infinite isn't actually delayed to next year, and that it was all a ruse.

And as for Drogba - what a legend. I'll miss him so much - and someone had better damn well step up to take his place.
With Torres starting to play better these days I just hope we strengthen the squad this season and try to get the best out of him. It's clear he's up for it and fancies himself as the top man. I hope he steps up now.

Moobabe

With Torres starting to play better these days I just hope we strengthen the squad this season and try to get the best out of him. It's clear he's up for it and fancies himself as the top man. I hope he steps up now.

After his outburst he had better. I'd like to see us invest in a young right back, promote Chalobah and Ince and give them some minutes at centre-half, with Hutchinson getting some game time as well. McEachran, Kakuta and De Bruyne back from loan and Lucas Paizon given a chance to show what he can do.

Out
-----

Ferreira
Essien (As much as it pains me)
Malouda
Bosingwa
Meireles (Maybe)
Kalou
Turnbull
Hilario

Sign a couple of young talents and PLAY THEM. It's always been our biggest weakness and something I've always admired United and Arsenal for - they play the young players when they're ready.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Many of my favourite players are leaving the big scene.

Ciao, big man <3

rXUrX.jpg

Bonus: Awesome picture of Alex.

oWHKm.jpg

Both leaving on a high note, a european champion and an undefeated league champion. We can't ask for anything more. :p

Ruud van Nistelrooy left in the worst possible way..

Feorax

Bild: Takashi Usami joins Hoffenheim on loan. rejects a Liverpool offer.

Who?

Can't say I feel that gutted on missing out on a player I had no idea we were looking at.

I think the restructure needs to be a bit more urgent that FSG believe it needs to be. There was talk we wouldn't see any real news until next month, and between managers, and now players turning us down, we obviously don't look like we have much to offer in our current state.

Come on FSG, we all know there are only 2 or 3 realistic candidates for each of the vacant roles. Stop fucking around with shortlists of 12 and get it done.

After his outburst he had better. I'd like to see us invest in a young right back, promote Chalobah and Ince and give them some minutes at centre-half, with Hutchinson getting some game time as well. McEachran, Kakuta and De Bruyne back from loan and Lucas Paizon given a chance to show what he can do.

Out
-----

Ferreira
Essien (As much as it pains me)
Malouda
Bosingwa
Meireles (Maybe)
Kalou
Turnbull
Hilario

Sign a couple of young talents and PLAY THEM. It's always been our biggest weakness and something I've always admired United and Arsenal for - they play the young players when they're ready.
I don't know if you have, but having since read the full interview I think many of Torres' comments were originally hand picked to cause controversy and get clicks.

Whilst he expressed that he was unhappy with his role, he did also say he was very happy to have been able to contribute to what we had achieved this season. He also said he had the fans to thank as without the support (and he's had great support) that he'd not of made it. I'm not surprised he's a bit miffed, it just seems he's now got the confidence to go out and be the main man and so he wants the opportunities.

That list is pretty much bang on. Essien is a painful one but the guy is done now. He offers basically nothing.

I'm also all for letting the young players play, but I don't want to go too mad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Totally forgot about E3!

Is Itagaki showing his new game? And any news on Dark Souls-2 or something? (sorry I know it's easier to just google it)

elsk

Banned
Who?

Can't say I feel that gutted on missing out on a player I had no idea we were looking at.

I think the restructure needs to be a bit more urgent that FSG believe it needs to be. There was talk we wouldn't see any real news until next month, and between managers, and now players turning us down, we obviously don't look like we have much to offer in our current state.

Come on FSG, we all know there are only 2 or 3 realistic candidates for each of the vacant roles. Stop fucking around with shortlists of 12 and get it done.

The next Kagawa :p
A better winger than Downing, and would be like 1-2m euros.

krishian

Totally forgot about E3!

Is Itagaki showing his new game? And any news on Dark Souls-2 or something? (sorry I know it's easier to just google it)
DkS2 would be amazing, but I doubt it'll happen so soon :(. Maybe more info on the PC release.

Feorax

The next Kagawa :p
A better winger than Downing, and would be like 1-2m euros.

Joe Cole would be a better winger than Downing. Hell, fucking Charlie Adam would be a better winger than Downing at this point...

Sad if we've missed out, but I'd rather we focused on our first XI right now. We already have loads of extremely talented youngsters who can't get a game :p

PaulLFC

Bild: Takashi Usami joins Hoffenheim on loan. Rejects a Liverpool offer.

edit: Fuck off, Fry! :(
Who's supposed to have made this offer?! We've got no CEO, no DOF, and no manager. Unless Ayre or Segura are handling transfers for us at the moment...

Nope, it's been dropped by THQ. Another publisher might pick it up but who knows? The game has gone through development hell. At one point, the company whose engine they were using (Valhalla something) went under, so they had to shift to another engine, and THQ just realized that given their current financial strain that they wouldn't turn a profit, so they dropped it altogether.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nope, it's been dropped by THQ. Another publisher might pick it up but who knows? The game has gone through development hell. At one point, the company whose engine they were using (Valhalla something) went under, so they had to shift to another engine, and THQ just realized that given their current financial strain that they wouldn't turn a profit, so they dropped it altogether.

FFS! Itagaki, I'll give you money baby!

Hopefully he starts working on ninja game now :p

I've always liked GFWL.

The only time I have used GFWL was with Batman and it took me about 30 min to get the damn thing to work. So bad first and only experience with it. Then I saw people complain about it corrupting save games on here... So yeah, just trying to stay away from it.

Wilbur

Banned
Many of my favourite players are leaving the big scene.

Ciao, big man <3

http://i.imgur.com/rXUrX.jpg[/IG]

Bonus: Awesome picture of Alex.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oWHKm.jpg[/IG]

Both leaving on a high note, a european champion and an undefeated league champion. We can't ask for anything more. :p

Ruud van Nistelrooy left in the worst possible way..[/QUOTE]

That picture of ADP is amazing. Also RvN... I will always have the memories :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, coming out in August I think. Seems like they'll add a decent amount of new stuff (Artorias boss fight!), but no mod support :/ Also GFWL...
ALLLLLLLL ABOOAAAAARDDDDD
FUCK YES!
My first avatar on here was Itagaki!
http://i.imgur.com/DBEEV.jpg[IMG]
(I dont even like his games, but the dude is hilarious)[/QUOTE]

HAHA I think I remember you! Itagaki is basically the gaming equivalent of Zamparini.

Wes

venison crêpe
E3 is going to be incredibly dull this year. Nintendo will win by default because of new console and probably Mario, F-Zero and StarFox.

I'm only interested in The Last Of Us and Dishonoured of announced games. Last Guardian and Agent if they exist.

=======

Mirror (lol) reporting Martinez is flying to the US for a second Liverpool interview.

TrueBlue

I don't know if you have, but having since read the full interview I think many of Torres' comments were originally hand picked to cause controversy and get clicks.

Whilst he expressed that he was unhappy with his role, he did also say he was very happy to have been able to contribute to what we had achieved this season. He also said he had the fans to thank as without the support (and he's had great support) that he'd not of made it. I'm not surprised he's a bit miffed, it just seems he's now got the confidence to go out and be the main man and so he wants the opportunities.

That list is pretty much bang on. Essien is a painful one but the guy is done now. He offers basically nothing.

I'm also all for letting the young players play, but I don't want to go too mad.

This. I mean, did you see him at the parade yesterday? He seemed happy with his surroundings, and got into the celebrations with some gusto. Hell, he might be frustrated and perhaps rightfully so, but he doesn't seem unhappy to me. Now that the Drog is leaving, it seems that this will be Torres' time to finally shine. Hopefully.

James Ducker says City are pulling the plug on the Hazard deal unless he lowers his wage demands.

The deal is £30m fee + agents fee (rumoured to be £6m) +£200k p/w.

There is no way United are meeting those demands. Chelsea bound I sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom