• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Is it ok for a 21 year old to play pokemon?

Was talking a few mates about what we liked as kids and pokemon was an answer that everyone gave.

Now I want to play it again.

Wilbur

Banned
What do you have? Have you tried Pushmo, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil: Revelations? If so, give them a go.

Also, I'm really enjoying Max Payne 3's single player and, surprisingly, its multiplayer too. I am starting to believe that free aim playlists are only for the masochistic, however.

Max Payne is awesome but yeah fuck free aim. Soft lock motherfucker. Gonna start again tomorrow.

Haven't played multiplayer yet.

Was talking a few mates about what we liked as kids and pokemon was an answer that everyone gave.

I still play it, bought Black when it came out and will get Black 2 as well. Gold is pretty much my favourite game ever

rodvik

Yup. Its a good rpg. No shame in playing it.

Getting into Pokemon cosplay is probably over the line though. Yes even Pikachu.

I have NSMB, Ocarina of Time and Kid Icarus.

I know there are a lot of good games that will be released in the future but right now my 3ds is a bit barren.

Yeah, I don't have that many either. Ocarina, Icarus, SM3DL, MK7 and Tales of the Abyss makes for a pretty paltry selection, given that it's had a good while to amass some decent titles.

You should really pick up Pushmo. It's a great little game with pretty much infinite replay value - provided you like solving puzzles and pushing blocks, of course. Paint 3D is pretty decent too (I've seen some absolutely incredible work being created with it), but it's a tough sell if - like me - your understanding of shading and colour is rudimentary.

Wilbury, you really should try free aim MP tomorrow. It will drive you fucking nuts.

Messi

Messi do you want a blank 2010-2011 away LFC kit? I bought an XL from the Liverpool store a year ago but it didn't fit me. Actually it's free if anyone wants it.

new-lfc-away-shirt-2010-11.jpg

I would only I have one already. Plus I am sure there are some liverpool fans here who would give it a better home. Thanks for the really generous offer though <3

PaulLFC

I have NSMB, Ocarina of Time and Kid Icarus.

I know there are a lot of good games that will be released in the future but right now my 3ds is a bit barren.
Not quite as bad as the Vita :(

I got Wipeout, Virtua Tennis and FIFA at launch, plus Rayman and Lumines for a fiver each thanks to Amazon's misprice. Apart from that there hasn't been any retail games for it that have interested me. I'm hoping Sony announce stuff at E3.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't want to cry Marsh, the game has already made me sad :(

What would be the best one to get?

Are the newer games any good?

Heart Gold. Do it. Now.

Then get Black or White. Better game than the old ones provided you ignore nostalgia.

Messi

Ah yes, new kit in the morning. Will I end up getting Messi, or someone random. Find out tomorrow

tumblr_lk8r1f3chl1qd3o95o1_400.gif

Edit: While I am here. I know house is ending tonight. I am not quite caught up to watch it right away. I know we have an awesome community here ... so please take me/my olivia obsession into consideration if the finale were to come up. Please spoiler any chat, thanks guys :p I am avoiding all olivia sites/twitter/facebook until I get to watch it. It shall be torture lol

The reason I do this is because someone came in here and asked for no one to spoil an F1 race so some muppet decided to spoil it.

Clegg

I don't want to cry Marsh, the game has already made me sad :(

Heart Gold. Do it. Now.

Then get Black or White. Better game than the old ones provided you ignore nostalgia.

Any preference over Black or White?

I think my younger brother got Soul Silver a while ago. I'll get that from him.

elsk

Banned
I would buy Pokemon Red/Green and Gold/Silver but nothing after that, they ruined the games with all those shitty new pokemons.

I remember picking up Black thinking 'okay, where is my Squirtle at?'

I think to unlock Squirtle you had to send your Pokemon to sleep and send them to a flash game or something.

Clegg

Yeah, I don't have that many either. Ocarina, Icarus, SM3DL, MK7 and Tales of the Abyss makes for a pretty paltry selection, given that it's had a good while to amass some decent titles.

You should really pick up Pushmo. It's a great little game with pretty much infinite replay value - provided you like solving puzzles and pushing blocks, of course. Paint 3D is pretty decent too (I've seen some absolutely incredible work being created with it), but it's a tough sell if - like me - your understanding of shading and colour is rudimentary.
I'll try Pushmo out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Not quite as bad as the Vita :(

I got Wipeout, Virtua Tennis and FIFA at launch, plus Rayman and Lumines for a fiver each thanks to Amazon's misprice. Apart from that there hasn't been any retail games for it that have interested me. I'm hoping Sony announce stuff at E3.
I was going to get a Vita but I held back because of Sonys terrible run of releasing games.

Wilbur

Banned
Any preference over Black or White?

I think my younger brother got Soul Silver a while ago. I'll get that from him.

I got Black purely based on colour but no difference really.

Haha, why is that?

Last chapter,it froze on me and corrupted my data. I am sorrowful.

I would buy Pokemon Red/Green and Gold/Silver but nothing after that, they ruined the games with all those shitty new pokemons.

My problem with Pokemon is post red/blue/yellow it got too complicated since I didn't follow the releases.

Start with Black/White where there isn't 500 Pokemon at the start. Most of them aren't shit, it's just nostalgia talking. Go back and look at some of the old designs haha.

This is incredible.

I got Black purely based on colour but no difference really.

Last chapter,it froze on me and corrupted my data. I am sorrowful.

Start with Black/White where there isn't 500 Pokemon at the start. Most of them aren't shit, it's just nostalgia talking. Go back and look at some of the old designs haha.

This is incredible.
I never said it was shit. Quit putting words in my mouth.

LegoArmo

Black and White have some of the best designs since Gold and Silver, in my opinion. Generation III and IV were really bad though.

Meier

I'm 29 and have bought most all of the Pokemon mainline titles including the remakes. Definitely fun for me each time. I think I bought Black last time but don't really remember offhand.

Clegg

I think I've talked about Angelo Henriquez before. Apparently, United have an option where they can sign him anytime in the next 2 years for a set price.

He scored twice yesterday for his club and now has 12 goals in 17 games.

We'd better not screw this one up.

choodi

Banned
All 3DS owners should have Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars.

Fantastic game that didn't get anywhere near the attention it deserved.

Plenty of other good to great games as well.

rodvik

Wooo! My Villa away kit with sleeves arrived. Very nice quality. Good as a pajama top. My wife will be delighted when she gets home!

she will make me take it off in bed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom