• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

PA Sources: Footballer Joey Barton arrested on suspicion of affray after altercation outside nightclub in Liverpool

PA Sources: Footballer Joey Barton arrested on suspicion of affray after altercation outside nightclub in Liverpool

lol he said on twitter he got sucker punched in the back of the head and he wouldn't be pressing charges. Yeah I'm sure that's what happened.

Manager

Thanks EA!
crouch.png

Clegg

A lot of good franchises are being screwed over by publishers that want to make more money.

Which is why everyone needs to jump on the Dishonored bandwagon.

They're lazy and being an EA product doesn't help. It's pretty clear they're saving the graphic update for the next-gen.

I don't think they could deliver much of a graphics update on current hardware. Fifa tends to be crap and lacking features on new hardware as well. They try to make it look good but usually do little else to make it a next-gen game.

Yen

A lot of good franchises are being screwed over by publishers that want to make more money.

Which is why everyone needs to jump on the Dishonored bandwagon.

And then next gen we can have Dishonored 2: Electric Boogalo, Dishonored Revengeance, Dishonored Origins, Dishonored Uprising.

FootballFan

Messi on the cover of Fifa 13 wooo. Lol there was this clueless guy on the live e3 thread "Did this guy just say Messi is the best? Ronaldo wants a word" Or something along those lines. Got a laugh out of it.

On the actual game though.. Didn't look like they added anything to it :lol except they made it social, whatever that is supposed to mean.

They're lazy and being an EA product doesn't help. It's pretty clear they're saving the graphic update for the next-gen.

Maybe it does help in the end. EA will probably be ready for next gen yet again, while Konami are sitting around playing with their own shit, again.

Would you rather play another COD or a CODified Splinter Cell?

No, but I'm not going to jump on the hype train just because everything else is shit. It looks very decent. My issue is that at the moment it just about passes as a 360/PS3 game. Will watch with interest.

The cycle of football games is shocking they rarely improve much at all and instead add some crap thing then take it out next time and laud it as a new development

Just tweak it and release new kits as dlc and fuck off

bjaelke

The cycle of football games is shocking they rarely improve much at all and instead add some crap thing then take it out next time and laud it as a new development

It's their best selling franchise. It would be incredibly stupid not to milk it. I expect to see FIFA 13 Premium soon. Retro kits, extra stadiums and vuvuzela OST.

Well it's not like they can change the gameplay dramatically and still call it a football game. They try to make new modes and sometimes something like impact engine, but it's obviously each year that it's not going to be any revolution. The 60$ is more than justified for me, can play fifa for hours with friends and all the little tweaks and little changes here and there is fully worth it each year.

I'd say since Fifa 07 they've made MASSIVE improvements every year (with the possible exception of Fifa 12). I don't think they need to fuck with the formula too much at this point.

Wait until next gen for another big leap, they got it right this gen IMO!

Edit: Oh shit an extra press conference all for 3DS on wednesday. Nintendo going in for the kill!

I'd say since Fifa 07 they've made MASSIVE improvements every year (with the possible exception of Fifa 12). I don't think they need to fuck with the formula too much at this point.

Wait until next gen for another big leap, they got it right this gen IMO!

Edit: Oh shit an extra press conference all for 3DS on wednesday. Nintendo going in for the kill!

Suppose

World cup version had the best gameplay of recent years IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom