• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
De La Goal:

CWeVl.png

Shocking bench is subject to change, lol. (What's the Gaf league code btw?)

Zabojnik

The background beyond the stands is a city... it's really nice looking.

Yeah, that's Trento, I think. Stayed there for a couple of days a few years back. So, so relaxing. The whole Trentino / Alto Adige region is amazing if you're a mountain lover.

72483274.jpg

Slizz

Yeah, that's Trento, I think. Stayed there for a couple of days a few years back. So, so relaxing. The whole Trentino / Alto Adige region is amazing if you're a mountain lover.

72483274.jpg

Looks gorgeous.

Carnnavaro with a sick scissor kick goal to tie the game at the end of the half.

elseanio

Hmm, new OT is coming up soon. Anyone have any suggestions for the OP?

-Get rid of numbers? (no OT2, OT3 etc).
-No more taglines? Some have lost their charm REALLY fast, and then we're stuck with it for a month.
-Do I need to update the leagues/badges? Not sure anyone cares/uses it.

Zabojnik

Trofeo TIM tomorrow. Forza Milan/Merda! C'mon Conte let's lose this!

And do we really have to play the fucking Berlusconi trophy? All we get out of it are injuries.

In any case ... FORZA RICHMOND!

Richmond-Boakye-Yiadom-in-action-for-Juventus1.jpg

Only you can fill the void left by Verratti and Destro in my heart!

WJD

Team GB v Brazil: Steele, Richards, Tomkins, Taylor, Bertrand, Giggs, Cleverley, Allen, Rose, Bellamy, Sturridge

Clev <3

-Get rid of numbers? (no OT2, OT3 etc). keep the numbers
-No more taglines? Some have lost their charm REALLY fast, and then we're stuck with it for a month. keep the tags
-Do I need to update the leagues/badges? Not sure anyone cares/uses it. Absolutely update the leagues/badges. Don't be lazy! :p

My opinions in bold.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Team GB v Brazil: Steele, Richards, Tomkins, Taylor, Bertrand, Giggs, Cleverley, Allen, Rose, Bellamy, Sturridge

Clev <3

Ugh, no Caulker or Rose. Sandro, you must destroy them all.

K1LLER7

Thiago Silva has backed Lucas Moura to become the next Cristiano Ronaldo if he completes his move to Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly seen a £30m bid rejected for the 19-year-old, with Sao Paulo seemingly wanting £50m to allow their star asset to leave.

And Brazil captain Silva says that the forward has every chance of emulating Ronaldo if he does move to Old Trafford.

"I see many possibilities for Lucas to play in English football," said the Paris Saint Germain centre-back.

"Despite being a short guy he is really strong and powerful. It is really difficult to stop him.

"In Manchester particularly, they play with two wingers - it used to be Cristiano Ronaldo and now it's Nani. He has the same qualities as these players."

WJD

Thiago Silva has backed Lucas Moura to become the next Cristiano Ronaldo if he completes his move to Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly seen a £30m bid rejected for the 19-year-old, with Sao Paulo seemingly wanting £50m to allow their star asset to leave.

And Brazil captain Silva says that the forward has every chance of emulating Ronaldo if he does move to Old Trafford.

"I see many possibilities for Lucas to play in English football," said the Paris Saint Germain centre-back.

"Despite being a short guy he is really strong and powerful. It is really difficult to stop him.

"In Manchester particularly, they play with two wingers - it used to be Cristiano Ronaldo and now it's Nani. He has the same qualities as these players."

If he's as good as everyone says he is then I say we go for it. He may not be a CM, but Fergie knows when a talent is too good to pass up and it looks like this is one of those situations.

Granted, all I've seen of him is an 8 minute video on YouTube.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If he's as good as everyone says he is then I say we go for it. He may not be a CM, but Fergie knows when a talent is too good to pass up and it looks like this is one of those situations.

Granted, all I've seen of him is an 8 minute video on YouTube.

Where are United getting this money from? I'm very surprised they haven't gone hammer and tongs after Modric if they have £50m+ to spend on RVP and Moura.

Messi

-Get rid of numbers? (no OT2, OT3 etc).
-No more taglines? Some have lost their charm REALLY fast, and then we're stuck with it for a month.
-Do I need to update the leagues/badges? Not sure anyone cares/uses it.

Now is the time, put me in the thread title #teamOlivia #freekerm :p

Keep it all btw, new gifs from last season too

I think every thread title should be a comment on the stage of the season as a whole. For instance, the first one would be 'the ir/relevance of pre-season.' When the season starts, it'd be 'every point counts.' In January it'll be 'the return of the transfer muppets' and then at the end, it'd just be 'The Business End'

K1LLER7

Where are United getting this money from? I'm very surprised they haven't gone hammer and tongs after Modric if they have £50m+ to spend on RVP and Moura.
Dat ronaldo money lol.Maybe Nani will be going.

Agree with WJD on this, Fergie must think he has massive potential similar to that which Ronaldo had. Plus compared to Modric, if Moura was to leave he'd have a pretty big sell on value.

Labadal

My FPL team so far.

Krul
Al Habsi

Santon
Kompany
Skrtel
Vermaelen
Walker

Ramirez
Dyer
De Guzman
Allen
Silva

Suarez
Sturridge
Ruiz

I'm expecting to see 4-5 changes before this actually starts.

GKs and defenders will most likely stay the same.

dc89

City mentioned on Twitter that Razak played alongside Yaya tonight. They noted that Yaya was constantly talking to him and coaching him on the field.

What a lesson.

Trofeo TIM tomorrow. Forza Milan/Merda! C'mon Conte let's lose this!
So, Juve will lose tomorrow just because, Milan will sell a bunch of players during the two half games and Inter because they're Inter and already looking forward Hajduk Spalato. It's going to be an interesting night, no one will even try to win. :D
And do we really have to play the fucking Berlusconi trophy? All we get out of it are injuries.

In any case ... FORZA RICHMOND!

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Richmond-Boakye-Yiadom-in-action-for-Juventus1.jpg[IMG]

Only you can fill the void left by Verratti and Destro in my heart![/QUOTE]
You'll play it AND win it. Probably won't enjoy it but you'll win it. I wonder when they'll start calling it the "Last Man Standing Trophy".

Curious to see those expensive amazing Brazilian wonderkids in action. They should score 10 past team GB with such a line-up.

What happened to Jack Rodwell btw? Wasn't he the poster child for the GB Olympics team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom