• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

So I guess Mourinho was right years ago when he said that he's found the player that'll become Italy's starting full-back and remain that for the next 10 years at least. Probably said it a bit too soon though.

Inter - we have no idea what we're doing since 1908.

I was disappointed he didn't get the Italy call up for Euro. He played very well for us.

My team:

O8Cgf.jpg

I won the GAF league last year :D

dc89

City team to face Besiktas: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Kolo Toure, Kolarov, Johnson, Razak, Yaya Toure, Lopes, Aguero, Tevez

Meier

City have missed on Dybala.

/sigh.

Mansour is pulling the oil money. I know it.

:( Bummer. Apparently we are in the pole position for Niang and preparing to offer a big package.. I am guessing our management feels he's the better prospect and are going all in on that pursuit instead (and with that 13-year old Nabay).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hhnnnnnngggggggg TDKR was amazing. Not a traditional Batman
movie but the most exciting one I've seen in years. The third act was amazing, and the connections to BB were great.

Slizz

movie but the most exciting one I've seen in years. The third act was amazing, and the connections to BB were great.

It almost felt like a sequel to BB.

Bayern vs. Napoli in 40 min? I'm down.

Kozak

Banned

I loved how everyone absolutely owned their roles. Not a single complaint.

elseanio

I think that's also the reason why Cleverley's so promising yet Allen and Henderson are mediocre.

Well, Cleverly is better than those two, but I certainly think if Jones has the same performances at Liverpool, he'd have been slaughtered. More than Henderson.
Henderson didn't really do much wrong, he just didn't do enough right. Hope the new manager can bring the best out of him

Awesome. Gonsta do a rewatch before I see it this weekend. Haven't done a media blackout like this since District 9. Hope it pays off again.

Ashes

Banned
Allen played alright last year. I don't know what happened to Henderson, he really turned to shit last season, but hopefully, he does well again. Of those three, Cleverly is the outstanding player. He was excellent in that early season man utd team, but post injury has been mediocre.

Jones has been average, with lots of potential throughout. Smalling out of all those players had the best season. Except perhaps Walker [spurs].

So what has Phil Jones done to assure you that he'll be a top class player?

Nothing yet. The potential is readily apparent, and he's been a PL regular since he was 18. How good he'll turn out is anyone's guess, but the hype early this season was obviously a bit ridiculous. Already talk of him being a future England captain, when Smalling is in the same age bracket and clearly the better defender. Sure, if he can turn those lion-hearted lung-bursting runs into something productive, perhaps he could be the next Baresi or whatever farcical comparison Capello desperately made last year. For now, though, I'll remain queasy whenever he's named as our RB.

Personally, I think Joe Allen is a better footballer than Henderson, from what I've seen of him at Swansea. Decent signing, maybe at an inflated PL price, arguably unimaginative, but hey, nobody seems to have scouts like Newcastle.

Arnie

Sorry boys, but I can't agree that Cleverley is better than Allen. I just don't think it's conclusive. He's better than Henderson though.

Timurid

I'm probably going to get shit for this, but I thought it was kinda slow/boring. The ending was amazing tho and Michael Caine was the best actor in the movie by far. I felt there were to many storylines in this and it wasn't smooth transition to each story. Well i watched the dark knight right before I saw TDKR. It wasn't a bad movie at it just felt a little slow during the middle. Also, I feel sick after hearing about the shooting last night in Denver. Sad times we live in.

Slizz

I'm probably going to get shit for this, but I thought it was kinda slow/boring. The ending was amazing tho and Michael Caine was the best actor in the movie by far. I felt there were to many storylines in this and it wasn't smooth transition to each story. Well i watched the dark knight right before I saw TDKR. It wasn't a bad movie at it just felt a little slow during the middle. Also, I feel sick after hearing about the shooting last night in Denver. Sad times we live in.

Same here. Here I am walking out of the movie happy as hell. Get home talk, on GAF about the flick for a bit, wake up and hear that news.... Just awful

I liked the part where Batman had anal sex with Catwoman and Robin. Shame Bane had infected Robin with a new deadly StD and they all died.

Edit : These GAF ads are terrible

3yoS7.gif

Jensen

SAF said:
"Obviously Arsenal have given out the fact that we've made a bid for him," the manager told MUTV.

"We try to keep business as close as possible to us until the moment we conclude a deal. There's no point talking about something that might not happen.

"There are other clubs interested in the player. We've shown an interest and that's where we're at at the moment."

Cocks out?

K1LLER7

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed making a bid for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie.

The Gunners' skipper has refused to sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium and is also said to be interesting Juventus and Manchester City.

"Obviously Arsenal have given out the fact that we've made a bid for him," the manager told MUTV.

"We try to keep business as close as possible to us until the moment we conclude a deal. There's no point talking about something that might not happen.

"There are other clubs interested in the player. We've shown an interest and that's where we're at at the moment."

Arsenal trying to get a bidding war started? i'd be suprised if he goes for anything over 20m.

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed making a bid for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie.

The Gunners' skipper has refused to sign a new contract at the Emirates Stadium and is also said to be interesting Juventus and Manchester City.

Arsenal trying to get a bidding war started? i'd be suprised if he goes for anything over 20m.

:lol

City are involved. They'll happily overpay. Then probably tell everyone how they've been financially prudent.

crazy transfer window. Don't think we'll get him but imagine a striker partnership of RVP and Rooney with Kagawa in behind.

Fergie testing the idea out with that 4312 earlier this week? Perhaps why the club are dragging their feet on Nani's demands (alongside the approaches for Moura). We might not play with out-and-out wingers every week, if we had:

Scholes--Cleverley--Carrick
-----------Kagawa
---------RVP---Rooney

Or he could stick with the 4411; Kagawa/Young/Nani cutting in from the left, AV7/Nani down the right, Rooney/Kagawa in the hole and RVP/Rooney/Welbeck up top.

But, yeah, I doubt Arsenal will sell to us willingly. And City will pay 20m+.

Slizz

Where is the Napoli Bayern game being played?

Enjoying watching these big teams play in a small stadium. Camera work is great.

That's a shit excuse. You don't spoil that shit on forums or a social network.

But the dude asked if anyone had seen it yet and wanted to discuss the film. We should have done it in DMs retrospectively, sorry if anyone else got spoiled :( really did not realise.

Also :lol

"IF WE SIGN VANPERSIE I WILL JIZZ MY PANTS INTO NILE RIVER"

Guess where

K1LLER7

Fergie testing the idea out with that 4312 earlier this week? Perhaps why the club are dragging their feet on Nani's demands (alongside the approaches for Moura). We might not play with out-and-out wingers every week, if we had:

Scholes--Cleverley--Carrick
-----------Kagawa
---------RVP---Rooney

Or he could stick with the 4411; Kagawa/Young/Nani cutting in from the left, AV7/Nani down the right, Rooney/Kagawa in the hole and RVP/Rooney/Welbeck up top.

But I doubt Arsenal will sell to us willingly. And City will pay 20m+.

I hope theres a change in formation no matter who we sign. Preferably a 4-2-3-1 similar to Madrids. But Welbeck and Hernandez will have to be happy with a place on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom