• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

The united home kit looks pretty good when the players had it on in the last game.

Want the Madrid kit long sleeve, out of stock in most places :(

Arnie

Joe Allen's worth every penny though. As is Henderson, once he settles in a bit more. They're both really talented, young midfielders who have different skill sets. And I better not hear a single United fan mocking the purchase of Allen, firstly he's exactly what you should be looking at, instead of buying poxy Brazilian wonderkids. And secondly you're about to pay a similar fee for Baines, who, despite me believing fully that he's worth such a fee, offers much less in terms of overall long term value.

pappe

Someone needs to make a Meme with the Liverpool mascot as the background (like the gunnersaurus one)

Rodgers hired.No more overpaying for English shit.
(pic)
Singed Allen for 15million!

Arnie

Probably posted but here's a good article from the Guardian on Chelsea's latest conquest, Oscar. Think he could be a bit good this one.

Nor shit.

United signed Young for 18m. lol
And Phil Jones for similar. In retrospect I'm glad we dodged the bullet on that one. Not a bad player but certainly as overpriced as some other signings we were lambasted for, and if he came to us for that fee and put in a similar season as he just has we'd be getting all sorts of shit.

Arnie

Regarding Oscar, it's not confirmed yet. Nothing from the club and on the website.
Seems like just a matter of time though. Gutting for Spurs, but for what they're paying Gylfi a week they could probably just demand him to play in two positions.

Not bitter in the slightest

Just got a letter in the mail that my shirts from footballkitstore.com were seized by customs and are to be destroyed because they're fakes and thus don't have the rights to be sold under the Nike and Adidas brands.

WELL FUCK THAT SHIT GOD DAMNIT

Hope your package is all right PrematureQuiche.

Used a credit card as payment method but I sure hope I get a refund. I've already sent an email explaining the situation and asking for a refund. I'll see how it goes.

Letter explicitly states that they checked my package because it was sent from Thailand. They know guys, they know

Thanks for the PM! I am now panicking haha. I went halfs with a friend so I hope this doesn't get destroyed!

I'm sure Young wasn't as much as £18m. Whatever it was we over-paid though cos it shouldn't have been more than £10m.

Jones will be worth it long term IMO. £18m and we will likely have him for 10 years. Definitely not worth it here and now but long term I'm pretty confident it will be even if he doesn't fulfil his maximum potential.

I really don't think he'd be getting ripped apart like Downing either tbh. He didn't have a bad season, just ups and down. He had some very very good games last year Jones did, at least 5 I think. Not sure Downing/Adam/Henderson did. Might be wrong there though.

I'm not even a big Jones fan tbh, much prefer Smalling.

Ashes

Banned
Probably posted but here's a good article from the Guardian on Chelsea's latest conquest, Oscar. Think he could be a bit good this one.

And Phil Jones for similar. In retrospect I'm glad we dodged the bullet on that one. Not a bad player but certainly as overpriced as some other signings we were lambasted for, and if he came to us for that fee and put in a similar season as he just has we'd be getting all sorts of shit.

Which one out of interest? Jones isn't the finished product but he has all the attributes to be England's central defender of the future.

@Viva: I think the 50m euros we spent on Nani and Anderson was overpriced. Though retrospectively, having sold ronaldo for £80m shifts what our price barriers were. And Real Madrid have actually done well on their £80m splurge.

edit: Groan, now I've remembered we spent 30 million euros on Anderson.

Here's my team

Kp2Jh.jpg

lol

TumBS.png

My first attempt at putting a team together. I am sure it will change many times over but I'm actually quite happy with that, especially if Allen leaves for Liverpool. I think Suarez is going to have a very good season so I was going to put him in until I saw Liverpool's first few fixtures, tough start.

Usually I leave my bench high and dry but I've actually got some okay options on it there, I will probably give in and sell those guys off for crap players and use the extra money to spice things up.

Zabojnik

Santon? Let's be friends, pappe.

Santon is quality. So is Ben Arfa. They both will be sold for 50mil after this season.

So I guess Mourinho was right years ago when he said that he's found the player that'll become Italy's starting full-back and remain that for the next 10 years at least. Probably said it a bit too soon though.

Inter - we have no idea what we're doing since 1908.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"43 - Only four players have scored more goals than Matri over the last three Serie A seasons."
Zabojnik said:
Inter - we have no idea what we're doing since 1908.
Selling Destro was kinda stupid too heh.

Facism

just put my fenerbahce shirt on and it fucking stinks of BO so bad. It's almost minty. Ah well, at least i'll have space either side of the treadmill that i'll be running on ;p

Zabojnik

Selling Destro was kinda stupid too heh.

Yep. Goddamit, we should have bought him. He's more or less ufficially signed with Roma. I'm calling it right now: he will surpass the 25 goals mark next season. Because he'll be this year's Immobile with Zeman and also because he's that good. Fuck this. :/

LegoArmo

Allen and Henderson are mediocre-to-good players, who'll play at mediocre teams, for the rest of their mediocre careers.

Dodged a bullet with Phil Jones? That's fucking hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom