• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Really hope the Cazorla deal will go through; players still haven't been paid, it seems, or at least there's still a lot of uncertainty... should place a lot of doubt in Cazorla's mind. Sahin would just be a very welcome bonus, whether on loan (absolutely fantastic cover for midfield) or on permanent deal (which I think Arsenal could get, esp since there's really no place for him in the Madrid midfield, even moreso with Modric's impending transfer).

Nab a couple promising youngsters along the way, and if the board are feeling particularly ballsy, tell RVP to stfu and stay for another year... If not, Poldi and Giroud are absolutely good enough to score the goals. that squad could compete for the league. Just hope these transfers are wrapped up ASAP.

Stubo

Not been following the thread as well as I usually do (to my shame). However, needed to post this:

soccer.gif

Labadal

We should try to get Sterling on loan. He looks like he could be a useful player in the future, but he needs first team experience.

ANDY CARROLL.

rodvik

I just tuned in so maybe its lost its shape but why isnt Rodgers Liverpool pressing high up the pitch? So far (5 mins) Liverpool are playing pretty direct.

Am I off base?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If you feel something isn't being moderated correctly, please feel free to PM a mod with a link to the offending post(s).

I don't actually moderate Off-Topic, but was told there were apparently some things getting missed so I thought I would stop by and mention this option is available to you. If you PM charlequin he should be able to handle it or forward it to the appropriate person when it comes to Off-Topic moderation.

If you feel there isn't a specific problematic post, but rather that a person's general posting style is a problem, or there are too many offenses to list, simply PM that person's name to charlequin and request that we review their post history.

Thanks for the assistance.

jtb

Banned
also, seeing on Twitter saying France Football claiming M'Vila's asking price is just 15m euros now (down from 25m?). add that to the fact he wasn't banned by the FFF after the euros (lol nasri), so Arsene... no excuses now!

Tickets were as low at $10 when I checked yesterday. My lady is moving away tomorrow, so didn't think I would have time, but here I am watching, while she's getting her hair done. :|

Would have had to buy a plane ticket from Houston to Baltimore and I'm already in next weekend for a wedding. The timing for this game was off by one week.

Mastadon

Banned
I think we can all agree that Borini needs to be sold on after that abject performance. I don't see how he can come back from it.

3 matches in a row in which we've failed to create 2 or more clear goalscoring chances. Hmm

Please don't analyse what is essentially a glorified fitness programme. That way madness lies.

Did I miss something re: Nirolak's post? Things have seem pretty tame as of late in here generally, let alone stuff that needed a mod's attention.

Anyhoo, I think women's football has been enjoyable. Granted, I've just been watching the highlights but I like that goals, more than in the men's games, materialize out of nothing. The teams that end up winning are the teams that have a right balance of individual skill and aggressive play. The USA game earlier was a perfect example, Canada-South Africa as well. High pressing in the opposing third almost always seem to lead to good things in these games.

rodvik

Tottenham vs Liverpool:

I only caught the last 15 mins or so but I assume the heat/ lots of subs just wrecked that game?

What was it like in the first half? Very curious how both these tams will play tactically next season and I couldnt get much from the game. Spurs looked vaugely different (higher line, 1 forward), Liverpool looked rather direct to me.

Anyone who watched the full game have any insights?

Scum

So, when do we sign Llorente and Cavani?

If you feel something isn't being moderated correctly, please feel free to PM a mod with a link to the offending post(s).

I don't actually moderate Off-Topic, but was told there were apparently some things getting missed so I thought I would stop by and mention this option is available to you. If you PM charlequin he should be able to handle it or forward it to the appropriate person when it comes to Off-Topic moderation.

If you feel there isn't a specific problematic post, but rather that a person's general posting style is a problem, or there are too many offenses to list, simply PM that person's name to charlequin and request that we review their post history.

Thanks for the assistance.

Sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom