• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Fair play to Neil Mellor, retired but he's really giving this career in the media a good go. He's got a really good column in the Lancashire Evening Post, and he's always on LFC TV. Doing some decent* analysis here.

*His analysis is 'decent' when compared to 90% of the lumbering, monotonous shite we're used to hearing. He's definitely in the Neville mould, wouldn't say he's as good at the moment, but showing promising signs.

Oh, and why give Bale '9'? He's not a number 9. If Spurs bring in a proper number 9 in the future they can't give him the number. Bale's a '7' in my opinion.

Fair play to Neil Mellor, retired but he's really giving this career in the media a good go. He's got a really good column in the Lancashire Evening Post, and he's always on LFC TV. Doing some decent* analysis here.

*His analysis is 'decent' when compared to 90% of the lumbering, monotonous shite we're used to hearing. He's definitely in the Neville mould, wouldn't say he's as good at the moment, but showing promising signs.

Oh, and why give Bale '9'? He's not a number 9. If Spurs bring in a proper number 9 in the future they can't give him the number. Bale's a '7' in my opinion.
Not as bad as when Arsenal gave Gallas #10.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't think we've actually given Bale 9. It's probably just for the tour, the club have already said that these squad numbers are not final.

Fry

Excuse me, Mr. Specter? I was wondering if you might need a hand sometime with one of your matters.
Well, Allen--
It's Aaron.
I think that says it all, don't you?

:lol Suits is so fucking good.

Arsenal would challenge for the title with Cazorla and Sahin coming in. With RvP or not.

Clegg

Cazorla would be a very good signing and Sahin on loan makes sense due to Wilsheres ongoing problems.

Defence is still a big problem though.

I'm worried he'll do very well there and then Arsenal will out right buy him

If he does well on loan then Madrid will want to keep him or sell to the highest bidder. I doubt that Arsenal would be able to sign him if they face competition for his signature.

BTW I'm still mystified as to why we aren't in the market for a midfielder.

Salvadora

I guess so.

I'm worried he'll do very well there and then Arsenal will out right buy him :(

That would still be pretty fantastic. Hearing this from Manuel Pellegrini does give me doubts about Carzorla
" They say that there is an offer for Santi Cazorla; selling Cazorla for €20m would be giving him away. I don't think the club is in a position nor has the intention to do so.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/27/malaga-arsenal-santi-cazorla

Wilbur

Banned
Sahin, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, M'Vila (?), Rosicky, Walcott, Ox,Cazorla, Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud and the potential to keep RvP, Arshavin, Bendtner and a returning Wilshere. Arsenal top will be mad stacked.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
That's a pretty good showing for a football friendly. Especially when you consider they're mostly all fans of only one of the two teams.

I never said it wasn't. I'm just wondering why they didn't sell more tickets if they really did sell out the tickets allocated. My club's friendly (DC United) against PSG will have pathetic attendance. I don't know why they booked it the same day as the Liverpool game. Crappy weather + people drawn to that game instead will do that to us. I'm sure Juventus would have had a better attendance if they didn't pull out five weeks before.

Salvadora

Can't see us keeping Arshavin, Bendtner or RVP. The former will be off to Russia, Bendtner is rumoured to be going to AC Milan & the less said about RVP the better.

Arnie

Squirtle is my favourite Liverpool player I think.

tumblr_m4elpm3on71qzyxw5o2_500.jpg

GorillaJu

Henderson playing really well here. It's only a matter of time before he reaches his potential and all the myopic haters on here have to eat humble pie. I look forward to it.

GQman2121

Banned
Boring first half of lethargic passing and few chances. Teams changed up and a little more exciting now.

I can see the upper decks of the stadium from my apartment window. They're empty. I read today that the only reason Spurs even agreed to the match is because Under Armor is their new shirt supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom