• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I've got him on the bench for my FF team, he was only 4.5m iirc. Any idea if he'll be used quite often this season?

In the league? Not much. More of a cup player atm.

I wish we'd sell Ba. He's forcing Pardew to play 4-4-2 and we are utter shite in that formation.

dc89

Looks like City could be out of the chase for RVP. According to the Mirror, Marwood is not prepared to offer RVP more than £150k a week. £20k more than Arsenal's contract offers.

The Star report RVP wants to be on a par with Rooney.

I don't think we'll get him now and I've thought this for a week or so now.

Lightning

Banned
Looks like City could be out of the chase for RVP. According to the Mirror, Marwood is not prepared to offer RVP more than £150k a week. £20k more than Arsenal's contract offers.

No no no no no no its not about teh m$ney with RVP it's about teh ambition.... Yeah right.

K1LLER7

In the league? Not much. More of a cup player atm.

I wish we'd sell Ba. He's forcing Pardew to play 4-4-2 and we are utter shite in that formation.
Hmm, maybe he'll impress and could get a chance in the league.

Can't see United offering him the same as Rooney. Maybe match what he gets at Arsenal.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal offered him 130k? and it's only 20k off of what RVP wants?

wow. wouldn't be surprised if he stays after all.

(Granted, I still think we should sell him and use the funds to bring in extra players and push transfers like M'vila/Cazorla/Sahin over the edge, but it'll be a good summer either way.)

Clegg

Still think he's more than likely to go to City or Juve. United probably won't offer him Rooney level money. City could easily offer him more than that but are just having problems offloading players. And Arsenal would prefer to sell him to a foreign club.

RVP may even decide to stay at Arsenal if they can get Cazorla and Sahin.

Did anyone watch the Fencing? It was fascinating. I've watched some Table Tennis, Badminton, and now Beach Volleyball. Who cares about the mainstream sports, these are the cool ones.

Swimming is boring.

Carbonox

Newcastle 1-0 Braga; Ba Penalty

On course to win a TROPHY ZOMG. :lol Probably be put in the staff toilet though as a window shelf ornament.

EDIT: BRAGA JUST SCORED FUCK

Would prefer a good midfielder/full back with the money freed up from a possible Berba transfer. These are the areas we're weakest in.

So would I but it's clear that Fergie is interested in RVP and Moura for whatever reason. I also think the Baines interest is very real and going on in the background..

Slizz

Did anyone watch the Fencing? It was fascinating. I've watched some Table Tennis, Badminton, and now Beach Volleyball. Who cares about the mainstream sports, these are the cool ones.

Swimming is boring.

Fencing was cool, the tech was pretty awesome. Waiting till Women's Beach Volleyball before I watch. Also watched regular Women's volleyball today and Women's football.... Females...

Feorax

The People (oh so reliable) reporting we have sold Aqua to Fiorentina for £7 million.

If true, I'll be sad to see him go, but between Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, and likely Allen, we should be ok without him.
£7 million and his wages off the bill could help
immensely.

Lightning

Banned
Still think he's more than likely to go to City or Juve. United probably won't offer him Rooney level money. City could easily offer him more than that but are just having problems offloading players. And Arsenal would prefer to sell him to a foreign club.

RVP may even decide to stay at Arsenal if they can get Cazorla and Sahin.
No one will offer RVP the contract that he wants, not at anytime. RVP only has 1, at best 2, seasons at peak condition left after that it's all downhill and even then that is dependant on him staying fit which is unlikely. Paying him 200k a week is madness, he's not even worth 150k over a 4 year period.

RVP demands are insane. He needs a reality check....

Fry

The People (oh so reliable) reporting we have sold Aqua to Fiorentina for £7 million.

If true, I'll be sad to see him go, but between Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, and likely Allen, we should be ok without him.
£7 million and his wages off the bill could help
immensely.

SMFH

Fencing was cool, the tech was pretty awesome. Waiting till Women's Beach Volleyball before I watch. Also watched regular Women's volleyball today and Women's football.... Females...

Yea, that seems to be your M.O. I found regular volleyball to be boring, and I didn't watch long enough to understand some of the rules. It's a lot of fun to play though.

I was watching some of the France, N. Korea game, and was sad when I realized LB3 wasn't playing. Then I looked at their squad and realized she probably isn't a regular starter.

Carbonox

AHAHAHAH A Braga player got sent off. Second friendly in a row for Newcastle where one of the opposition players has been sent off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Whoa :p
Montpellier President Louis Nicollin has again blasted Milan over their Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa bid, even referring to Adriano Galliani as ‘Kojak’!

The Rossoneri have reportedly made a €6m offer for defender Yanga-Mbiwa, but the French club rejected it out of hand, even though he only has a year left to run on his contract.

“They think they’re really smart at Milan. They just sold a defender for €45m and would like to sign one equally as good for a pittance,” slammed Nicollin on French television Canal+.

“If they were to come to me with an offer of €25-30m, then I might think about selling the lad, but from what I understand they want to spend no more than €5-6m.

“Let them focus on making their little movies. We don’t care. If a suitable offer does not arrive, then Yanga-Mbiwa will stay.”

In a clear reference to bald-headed Milan Vice-President Galliani, Nicollin was particularly scathing.

“Kojak hasn’t phoned me. It’s laughable for them to claim talks are in progress.”

Louis Nicollin is hilarious, I want to see him in Serie A! :p
-

No one will offer RVP the contract that he wants, not at anytime. RVP only has 1, at best 2, seasons at peak condition left after that it's all downhill and even then that is dependant on him staying fit which is unlikely. Paying him 200k a week is madness, he's not even worth 150k over a 4 year period.

RVP demands are insane. He needs a reality check....

I think, I THINK we offered him 190k.

Clegg

Just seen that a 16 year old Chinese girl broke the world record for the 400 metres IM medley.

I'm sorry but that just isn't plausible. Her 100 metre freestyle split was faster than Lochtes in the mens event. This is very, very suspicious.

K1LLER7

Didn't realise Basketball could be so entertaining. Watching Womens Olympic basketball. GB against Austraila. One of the girls from team GB's got a nasty black eye.

Salvadora

Just seen that a 16 year old Chinese girl broke the world record for the 400 metres IM medley.

I'm sorry but that just isn't plausible. Her 100 metre freestyle split was faster than Lochtes in the mens event. This is very, very suspicious.

16 years old? How is that possible.

Clegg

16 years old? How is that possible.

She is either the single greatest female prodigy of all time or she has taken a shit load of drugs.

She beat the world record in the 400 metres IM by 1 whole second. Thats a massive amount for that race. It's like someone running the 100m sprint in 8 seconds.

It's a bit strange that a 16 year old could do that so easily.

Salvadora

She is either the single greatest female prodigy of all time or she has taken a shit load of drugs.

She beat the world record in the 400 metres IM by 1 whole second. Thats a massive amount for that race. It's like someone running the 100m sprint in 8 seconds.

I'm sure they'll be drug testing her now. Wonder if anything will turn up because that sounds very fishy.

She turns out the be a 24-year-old man

Calling it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Because she's small.

Arnie

Sweet.

About Aquilani, as long as we bring Allen in I won't be too distraught. I know Aquilani's a good player, but it just took too long for him to work out here, and at the end of the day he was costing us £100k a week, which is outrageous.

The money we free up in his wages can be redistributed elsewhere, and hopefully help us bring in some options in our front three positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom