• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Santos want ridiculous money for Neymar afaik.

As opposed to Sao Paulo wanting pennies for Moura?

I'm pretty sure that whatever it would realistically cost to prise Neymar away is worth it compared to what Moura costs.

Actually, scrap that, 70 million is stupid.

GorillaJu

kevin-prince-boateng-hairstyle-2012-5517.jpg

dat hair

Kyoufu

As opposed to Sao Paulo wanting pennies for Moura?

I'm pretty sure that whatever it would realistically cost to prise Neymar away is worth it compared to what Moura costs.

Actually, scrap that, 70 million is stupid.

70 million isn't really much for the top clubs though.

Fintan

Real paid more for Ronaldo.

Chelsea paid 50 for Torres, and have spent 70+ so far this window (with more to come probably)

Sure, 70 million is a lot for a club in debt like Man United.

Ronaldo's the only player over 70 million, and there are only 3 or 4 over 50. It's not a common occurrence at all.

kharma45

Chelsea paid 50 for Torres, and have spent 70+ so far this window (with more to come probably)

Ronaldo is a once in a while transfer for a truly world class player who had proved himself, something Neymar hasn't done.

£70 million is a colossal amount to spend on any player in a single sum let alone for someone like Neymar.

70 million isn't really much for the top clubs though.

Top clubs:

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Man Utd
Chelsea
Man City (kind of)
Bayern Munich
AC Milan (?)
Juventus (?)

Clubs that can properly afford him:

Chelsea
Man City
PSG

Clubs that can figure out a way of doing it:

Real Madrid
Barcelona

Clubs stupid enough to do it:

Real Madrid

dc89

Massive clubs:

Man City

Top clubs:

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Man Utd
Chelsea
Bayern Munich
AC Milan (?)
Juventus (?)

Clubs that can properly afford him:

Chelsea
Man City

Clubs that can figure out a way of doing it:

Real Madrid
Barcelona

Clubs stupid enough to do it:

Real Madrid

/Viva.

:D

Kyoufu

Ronaldo's the only player over 70 million, and there are only 3 or 4 over 50. It's not a common occurrence at all.

Never said it was a common occurrence. I said it was totally plausible a top club would pay that amount for a world class player.

Ronaldo is a once in a while transfer for a truly world class player who had proved himself, something Neymar hasn't done.

£70 million is a colossal amount to spend on any player in a single sum let alone for someone like Neymar.

If Chelsea spent 50 on Torres then I don't see them having any problems spending 20 more on Neymar. I'm actually surprised they haven't already!

Hixx

So once, in the entire history of the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom