• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Never said it was a common occurrence. I said it was totally plausible a top club would pay that amount for a world class player.

If Chelsea spent 50 on Torres then I don't see them having any problems spending 20 more on Neymar. I'm actually surprised they haven't already!

I remember there being a lot of transfer rumours linking us to Neymar last summer. Then the focus sort of shifted to Barca and Real.

kharma45

If Chelsea spent 50 on Torres then I don't see them having any problems spending 20 more on Neymar. I'm actually surprised they haven't already!

Roman idolised Torres though and was thoroughly committed to signing him, a bit like when he blew his load with Shevchenko.

GorillaJu

That question answers itself. Spurs.

Should be interesting for the neutral watching the two clubs battle over him.

If I were a neutral I wouldn't give two shits, personally.

I'd be wondering why my manager wasn't busy sucking Swansea's dick to get the Welsh Xavi/Iniesta/Alonso/Busquets

Arnie

I'd be wondering why my manager wasn't busy sucking Swansea's dick to get the Welsh Xavi/Iniesta/Alonso/Busquets

True. Surprised United aren't in for him, even if he is a central midfielder.

Impressed by Gaston Ramirez. Still unsure if he's worth the asking price, but he's definitely a talent.

Clegg

True. Surprised United aren't in for him, even if he is a central midfielder.

Impressed by Gaston Ramirez. Still unsure if he's worth the asking price, but he's definitely a talent.

We have Cleverley.

We don't need on overrated, overpriced British player.

GorillaJu

I can't tell if you guys are being serious or not regarding Allen. Is he actually good?

Eh, kind of. I really, really like him, but I still have my tongue in my cheek when I praise him like this.

Think he'd be a good signing, and I really hope he's the next one we make.

Arnie

I have my doubts whether he is as good as Arnie hopes he will be though.
haha

I have my doubts you really know how good I think he is.

He's a promising young player, and I've said I want us to sign him, but I've not once approached the levels of blind optimism or misguided faith that you guys have impressed on the likes of Cleverley.

haha

I have my doubts you really know how good I think he is.

He's a promising young player, and I've said I want us to sign him, but I've not once approached the levels of blind optimism or misguided faith that you guys have impressed on the likes of Cleverley.
It has nothing to do with Cleverley. I myself have said many times I don't think Cleverley is that good anyway.

I was being serious. I think Allens good but I don't think he's that good and I doubt he can take Liverpool onto another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom