• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Any Norwich fans here perhaps? I'd like to know if the players that are on the field right now are their second choise players or first team? They're playing a friendly against Ajax now.

pulga

Banned
I'm reading we're actually paying Aquilani to get rid of him.

It's amazing how fucked a team can become in a few short years. It's going to take some effort to get us back into the top 4.

And all the bored billionaires buying their way to the championship certainly hasn't helped you guys over the years.

Hixx

Rumours are Wickham to Wolves on loan for a year to 'up' the Fletcher bid.

Tbh of the 3 strikers we currently have he's the one I'd like to stay...

Wilbur

Banned
Me neither, will have my savings ready just in case. This guy will prolly cost something in the 90-100 euro's range. Like Leonard Cohen, Sir McCartney and all those other old legends.

Dylan was 70 quid when I saw him but worth every penny

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RVP--Jojo--Giovinco--Vucinic--Pazzini would be delicious, wouldn't it? I'd happily see Matri rather than Pazzini, but in any case....
I don't think Marotta is capable of pulling this. We'll get Pazzini, Bocchetti (who's going to get banned too), and spend what's left on Armero.
I'm trying something here

Linius

Dylan was 70 quid when I saw him but worth every penny

I know, although I have my doubts about Dylan cause of the mainly poor reviews on his latest gigs overhere in The Netherlands. But I'm willing to pay the price for those guys, nine out of ten times they really deliver. Really looking forward to the Leonard Cohen gig in august. Old whispering man.

Linius

So, nobody here with some expertise on Norwich? :(

hoGIF.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I know, although I have my doubts about Dylan cause of the mainly poor reviews on his latest gigs overhere in The Netherlands. But I'm willing to pay the price for those guys, nine out of ten times they really deliver. Really looking forward to the Leonard Cohen gig in august. Old whispering man.

Yeah I need to see Cohen, waiting for him to come London again

The thing with Dylan is his voice is a mess and he sings songs completely differently to how they're recorded, but if you're a huge fan it's worth it because a) seeing him and b) hearing new versions of the songs

Edit: who is playing for Norwich? Lambert was a big rotator but not sure how the new manager is

Linius

Ajax is playing Norwich. I was just curious if they're playing with the strongest eleven to set our performance in perspective :)

Wilbur

Banned
someone please give me an update on what's going on with van persie.

He's an asshole

Ajax is playing Norwich. I was just curious if they're playing with the strongest eleven to set our performance in perspective :)

They haven't really got a strongest eleven, which is odd. About 16 players that are a good core that get rotated a lot. Their best players are Whittaker, Fox, Pilkington, Holt and Morison

Tc91

They haven't really got a strongest eleven, which is odd. About 16 players that are a good core that get rotated a lot. Their best players are Whittaker, Fox, Pilkington, Holt and Morison

Yep they were pretty good under Paul Lambert certainly gave us a run for our money and almost City aswell until they crumbled.

Linius

That's odd indeed, but thanks for the info :D

And Anita is going nowhere guys, don't get your hopes up.

I love it how our youth players are doing pretty decent with the combinations at the moment.

Kyoufu

He played for 20 minutes before he got subbed. Frank de Boer trolling 'castle.

The Lille manager said something about Debuchy only being allowed to play 30 minutes before being subbed. Is there a rule that they can't play for longer or something?

Wessiej

The Lille manager said something about Debuchy only being allowed to play 30 minutes before being subbed. Is there a rule that they can't play for longer or something?

No I really don't know why he did it. Hope Anita isn't injured, didn't look like it though.

Women's Team GB play high level football. I reckon they'd give Lolerpool a run for their money. Lord knows GB has terrible finishing but, then, so does Liverpool. Anyone's game!
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Women's Team GB play high level football. I reckon they'd give Lolerpool a run for their money. Lord knows GB has terrible finishing but, then, so does Liverpool. Anyone's game!
KuGsj.gif

Was just about to say they were playing really well. They're not the best finishers but they're technically very good.

Tc91

Personally I enjoyed watching them more than Swansea last season. I think Lambert's a real talent.

Both had some cracking games. Swansea v Arsenal was a real corker.

Do you think Lambert will do well at Villa? Is Collins and Dunne leaving?

Was just about to say they were playing really well. They're not the best finishers but they're technically very good.

The cross into the box then the one touch pass back to the edge was nice. In the build up to the goal, the side step was very sexy. Also, the defenders have made some really solid tackles. Amazing!

How does the groups work here. I'm hearing third place teams in the group also qualify? Is that right?

Edit: Mastadon, sell us Suarez and we'll talk!

Slizz

The cross into the box then the one touch pass back to the edge was nice. In the build up to the goal, the side step was very sexy. Also, the defenders have made some really solid tackles. Amazing!

How does the groups work here. I'm hearing third place teams in the group also qualify? Is that right?

Top 2 third place teams overall qualify.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck YES! According to La Stampa, Juventus have bought the full ownership of Alberto Masi from Pro Vercelli.

Haha just saw that too, Yurt. VERY excited about Masi. I reckon he has the potential to be a starting defender for Juve in the next 5 years. Amazing ability to read the ball even at 19yo. Good with the ball, too. Made some really decent passes. He's like the best parts of Bonucci and Barzagli combined.

Wilbur

Banned

I think he'll do fantastically on his own terms but the PL is so competitive now; you have five teams going for the title, six teams going for the CL, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Stoke just underneath and going for the EL, then good Norwich and Swansea sides, a strengthened QPR, some strong promoted teams. It's just Wigan and WBA I can see struggling for sure this year.

Collins is defo off, not sure about Dunne.

Tom, didn't I tell you stay away from Wilbury?

You cannot stay away from raw animal magnetism

rodvik

Personally I enjoyed watching them more than Swansea last season. I think Lambert's a real talent.

I am a believer. I know its just pre season but he has Villa playing COMPLETELY different style wise. I mean...we have been dominating possession with attractive passing football.

I dont think my system can take it.

rodvik

I think he'll do fantastically on his own terms but the PL is so competitive now; you have five teams going for the title, six teams going for the CL, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham, Stoke just underneath and going for the EL, then good Norwich and Swansea sides, a strengthened QPR, some strong promoted teams. It's just Wigan and WBA I can see struggling for sure this year.

Collins is defo off, not sure about Dunne.

Agree with this. I will be happy if we stay up but play some pleasing football. Next season is going to be BRUTAL for every team outside of the top six I think. Very competitive.

I don't think Aquilani should be asking for the £5m. Liverpool have been paying him £100k a week for the last few years as it is. Im not convinced he is desperate to stay and it seems he's happy to move elsewhere, well then leave and get on with your career.

Hixx

You guys still in for Anita? Graham Carr is watching him at the Norwich game atm.

Like I said I doubt we were ever in for him in the first place. Agents/clubs love to play the "Sunderland/Newcastle interested in Newcastle/Sunderland target" spiel.

MO' MONEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom